Hacking DIOS MIOS! GC ISO Loader proof of concept (Starfox Assault)

• Thread starter Deleted-171178
  • Start date
  • Views 149,902
  • Replies 682
Status
Not open for further replies.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
myspacee said:
Crediar will release his GC iso loader in next months, using some feature taken from Riivolution
(modchip detection, on-the-fly patching, etc)
News to me. I don't remember crediar saying anything about modchip detection, and Riivolution's on-the-fly patching method isn't relevant for GC games.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tueidj said:
myspacee said:
Crediar will release his GC iso loader in next months, using some feature taken from Riivolution
(modchip detection, on-the-fly patching, etc)
News to me. I don't remember crediar saying anything about modchip detection, and Riivolution's on-the-fly patching method isn't relevant for GC games.

Apparently it is, there seem to be some SSBM texture hacks.

cojiro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hopefully he doesn't write his own new filesystem for this :/
as cool as wbfs is, it is a bit of a pain to use, but I've already got my drive formatted for it, but would prefer a ext3/fat format for this.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cojiro said:
as cool as wbfs is, it is a bit of a pain to use, but I've already got my drive formatted for it, but would prefer a ext3/fat format for this.

I think he already mentioned that it will only be possible to be booted from sneek, where the game selection also happens. So the file format is sneek's. Well if he didn't change his mind in the meantime. But then it would be still FAT32.

QUOTE(tueidj @ Jul 19 2010, 04:03 PM) I didn't say it couldn't be done, just not the way Riivolution does it.

Sure, i hope it would use the file format and naming convention from Riivolution, but work technically completely different. For GC backup launching you need to patch the dvd read calls anyways, so you can insert any patching you want, it's just work to do. Well it seems that when running on a GC you can patch the drives's firmware to read backups, but that's off topic.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cojiro said:
Ext3 or ext4 would be too much for backups. Ext2 would be just fine.
You don't need journaling for a Wii backup filesystem.

XLarge

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Or he brings this out, or someone else brings it out. Either way we will be playing gc games from a hard drive

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
XLarge said:
Or he brings this out, or someone else brings it out. Either way we will be playing gc games from a hard drive

Who are you talking about?
Waninkoko? - Maybe now with the info Crediar released he is able to do that, but so far it doesn't sound like he is having any plans for it
WiiGator? - Left the scene(german...)
emukidid? - Only interested in stuff that also runs on a GC
Me? - Are you kidding?

Sombody knows any other coders slightly related to this? (and not in the group "we don't release anything piracy related")

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
XLarge said:

Waninkoko? - Maybe now with the info Crediar released he is able to do that, but so far it doesn't sound like he is having any plans for it
Me? - Are you kidding?

Sombody knows any other coders slightly related to this? (and not in the group "we don't release anything piracy related")
I know someone that possibly will have a working GC USB Loader, but I can't say anything.

B

Bladeforce

OP
Lets face it no matter what crediar says about implementing mod chip detection etc. if he does nobody will use it and also if he does you know who will be making his own to steal the limelight. So if he does then he's a fool. I hope I am wrong tho! It doesnt matter who is first it's who releases a fuly fucntional one to public first that matters
wink.gif

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
I know someone that possibly will have a working GC USB Loader, but I can't say anything.
Way to start the rumor train. If you don't give a name, just don't say anything and let the person actually doing it release info, if said person even exists.

hughjass

Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
Bladeforce said:
Lets face it no matter what crediar says about implementing mod chip detection etc. if he does nobody will use it and also if he does you know who will be making his own to steal the limelight. So if he does then he's a fool. I hope I am wrong tho! It doesnt matter who is first it's who releases a fuly fucntional one to public first that matters
wink.gif

Lots people will use it. Plenty of people just want to back up the games they bought and run them off a hard drive, and we'll still be able to that. Plus, there are more opportunities it could present, or so I hear.

hughjass

Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
I'm not usually the one to say this sort of thing, but seriously all you guys whining about the AP, shutup. It's not going to change anything, so what's the point? If you don't like it, code your own GC usb loader.

I'm the first to say I don't 100% see the point in adding AP the a gamecube loader, but get over it, it is what it is.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
WiiPower said:
XLarge said:

Me? - Are you kidding?

Not exactly related but there is a chance that Hermes is capable of doing that.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
--> For HughJass, haha.

Anyway, I agree, I'm down about the A.P, but to be honest, it's better than nothing, and I can easily just borrow a shit-load of GC games off the people I know.
smile.gif

Sick news none the less. I'm excited YAY.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I recommend to read the DIOS MIOS Q&A thread on rvlution.net because it will answer many of the questions
wink.gif

PS: riivolution doesn´t have a mod-chip detection
wink.gif
however we will see if DIOS MIOS will have one at all

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hughjass said:
I'm not usually the one to say this sort of thing, but seriously all you guys whining about the AP, shutup. It's not going to change anything, so what's the point? If you don't like it, code your own GC usb loader.

I'm the first to say I don't 100% see the point in adding AP the a gamecube loader, but get over it, it is what it is.

This runs from sneek that lets u pirate tons of wiiware games and wii games so why block gc backups????? Seriously which way is that going????
Something smells fishy
rofl.gif

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
nIxx said:
I recommend to read the DIOS MIOS Q&A thread on rvlution.net because it will answer many of the questions
wink.gif

Yea, and I recommend posting questions and suggestions in the official DIOS MIOS topic on rvlution.net. There are just a few comments there.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
hughjass said:

Given that it is going to be released under the GPLv2 I doubt there will be any AP other than the fact that burned games won't work (without a modchip) as it would be trivial to remove it and recompile. Keep in mind that it actually takes extra work to read burned Gamecube discs in a custom MIOS so blocking burned discs (again, unless you have a modchip) is trivial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    sp3off @ sp3off: @HiradeGirl Je eurgh. My bad, it's June 15th indeed.