Hacking Dios Mios Black Screen

marroking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a Toshiba Canvio 1TB Usb 3.0 for my wbfs backups but Dios Mios won't load any of my GC games it goes erectly to a black screen. I previously had my games on a Sandisk Extreme 32GB flashdrve Fat32 32cluster size and both wii and GC games worked perfectly. I started off the Toshiba as a Ntfs but didn't work then formatted it to Fat32 and got no results. Anyone got any good ideas or was this a bad purchase?

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I remember that you needed a FIRST partition to be fat32 with 32KB Cluster, could that be the problem?

Even then, wouldn't be a better idea to use Nintendon't?

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some hard drives just won't work with the wii, I have a hitachi simpledrive 1tb that the will just will not work with, it has a hidden partition that acts as a cd drive when connected to a pc. That is the reason why the wii will not recognise the drive as it sees the first partition. I have tried every sort of format tool to remove the cd partition but with no joy. I've never had a problem with any Western Digital drives so I always recommend them to friends and family who want to mod their wii.

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Neo gamma is really old school now.... Even Dios Mios is outdated really.. All the cool kids are using Nintendont

marroking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some hard drives just won't work with the wii, I have a hitachi simpledrive 1tb that the will just will not work with, it has a hidden partition that acts as a cd drive when connected to a pc. That is the reason why the wii will not recognise the drive as it sees the first partition. I have tried every sort of format tool to remove the cd partition but with no joy. I've never had a problem with any Western Digital drives so I always recommend them to friends and family who want to mod their wii.

So if I bought a WD My Passport Ultra 2TB USB 3.0 it will be compatible with Dios Mios?

Try with Nintendont, the compatibility of DM is lower with usb

Never learned found any guides on how to go about it but seems interesting whats the difference?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I bought a WD My Passport Ultra 2TB USB 3.0 it will be compatible with Dios Mios?

Never learned found any guides on how to go about it but seems interesting whats the difference?

The difference is pretty noticeable. Pretty much every game works with Nintendont (about 10 games do not work). Not to mention the MASSIVE amount of features that Nintendont offers over Devolution and DM. More info here

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I can't guarantee that every WD drive will work, you should google for wii hard drive compatibility list, I'm sure there's one round here some where.
As for Nintendont, I can seriously recommend it over every other GameCube loader, it has lots of features and as has been said before it has great compatibility, almost 100% now!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021