Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Dingoo A380 Video Review Parts 2 and 3
From Etronixmart

The guys from Etronixmart have released two more VIDs for their Dingoo A380 review. This first video below takes a look at what is in the box and then compares the A380 with the Dingoo A320. The unit is turned on and we see our first glimpse of the software and some of its functionality. Gemei Tech A330 users will see a familiar 2-player option screen, perhaps hinting at similar technology. The emulators appear to have the same type of menu as the Dingoo A320/A330 and GA330. The Gemei Tech A330, while benefiting from a speed increase, has similar (if not the exact same) emulators as the Dingoo products in regards to compatibility, options, look, feel, etc. The assumption here is that the new Dingoo is not yet benefiting from updated software, and why would it if the device will use Dingux out-of-the-box?

The next video, the last in their review series, specifically talks about the 2-player gaming mode. Users will see how to set-up this mode, watch the two units sync-up, followed by some 2-player wireless gaming. One thing to note is that the NeoGeo BIOS rotating animations are not corrupted, hinting at the fact that they may have fixed the "HK" issue which plagued NeoGeo emulation on the later Dingoo systems. The video concludes by demonstrating the compatibility with the Dingoo A330 wireless game controller (around $15-30 extra). Viewers will note that 2 controllers are used towards the end of the video, something that was impossible to accomplish on the Dingoo A330 due to a hardware limitation.

Thanks to Etronixmart for the news!​

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This portable is useless for no parities licensed.. This is useful for homebrew which is still useless to me. I am not supporting this portable just for homebrew, no thanks.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wifi could use some work, the lag was incredible. Other than that, it seems like another A320.

Also, am I the only one who laughed every time he used the letter "L"?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
with the gemei tech a330 the v1.1 firmware upgrade adds another 15 (or so) feet to the wireless gaming. i've already played a few nes games with no lag, and expect the dingoo to offer an upgrade as well (assuming they are using similiar technology)

RockmanForte said:
This portable is useless for no parities licensed.. This is useful for homebrew which is still useless to me. I am not supporting this portable just for homebrew, no thanks.

licensed portables don't support emulation, which is why there is a demand for homebrew enabled portables that have emulation out-of-the-box. i think perhaps you are missing that point?

-another world

betterman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are very sorry for our broken English. But we hope people can get a general idea on Dingoo A380.

It is totally different from Dingoo A320 as we stated in the video. It will make things clearly if we write reviews for it. We will try to do it.

For another thing which people mentioned a lot is" PSX" emulator. We had contacted our supplier. And we were confirmed that this Dingoo A380 can play PSX emulator. But the hardware should be updated.

At the same time, I had search " PSX" emulator on Google to see if I can download it. Unfortunately, I can not get any of them. We are also very curious to test if it really can play PSX" emulator. So we wonder if you guys can PM me if you have this emulator and the related game roms. We will test it on A380 once we got them. Thanks.
rolleyes.gif

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
betterman said:
We are very sorry for our broken English. But we hope people can get a general idea on Dingoo A380.

It is totally different from Dingoo A320 as we stated in the video. It will make things clearly if we write reviews for it. We will try to do it.

For another thing which people mentioned a lot is" PSX" emulator. We had contacted our supplier. And we were confirmed that this Dingoo A380 can play PSX emulator. But the hardware should be updated.

At the same time, I had search " PSX" emulator on Google to see if I can download it. Unfortunately, I can not get any of them. We are also very curious to test if it really can play PSX" emulator. So we wonder if you guys can PM me if you have this emulator and the related game roms. We will test it on A380 once we got them. Thanks.
rolleyes.gif
PSX is how people call the first PlayStation. I heard that there was a port of PSX4all (an emulator) on the making for the Dingoo handheld, but I think it's still not that powerful.

betterman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here we got back. I had download the files for "psx". And instll it at the root of the" game" on Dingoo A380. But still I can not see "psx" under the direction" Game". Any tips?

betterman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sorry. I install all the files, but I can not see it on A380. Do I need to install dingux at the same time? We had contacted our supplier. And we are confirmed that A380 use dingux.

OutsiderJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered my A380 from Etronix today. Should take about a week to get it. I will post a review and thoughts when I get mine..

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
betterman said:
I am sorry. I install all the files, but I can not see it on A380. Do I need to install dingux at the same time? We had contacted our supplier. And we are confirmed that A380 use dingux.

and here lies the problem, it's all smoke and mirrors. why is it so hard to get a straight answer, even from the manufacturer themselves? if this thing is running dingux (i really doubt that it is) then where is the source code that they are obliged to provide? and why can't you install any dingux apps? i think the answer is that they aren't running dingux at all, they are lying.

we do appreciate the info you are supplying, it's just so frustrating that straight answers are not forthcoming from dingoo tech!

OutsiderJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind...apparently they closed for the new year until tomorrow, so I probably won't have my Dingoo until next week... Would have been nice to know before I ordered it instead of having to to wait 4 days before receiving an email about it.

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
i'm pretty sure they had a huge banner accross the top of the site didn't they? might have been one of the others i suppose...

OutsiderJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked the site out, it was a moving banner. That's why I didn't see it.

Wish I had this thing in hand already!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY