ROM Hack Digital save file decryption

00technocolor00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before downgrading I backed up my entire sd card. Save manager tools, like HANS in 2.5hax, cant do anything with the 9.6 crypto gamed. So, anyway I can transfer over my save files off the sd card back up over to my current set up so I can use it agian (Had to reformat as part of the downgrade procces)

Can I easily just do that decrypt9? Get the decryption key off of the save file then re encrypt it with my current key. Or maybe just a way to extract the save file like you do normally with games but instead specify a file, not a game? sorry if this makes zero sense, my sleep schedule has been wack latley
thanks~

00technocolor00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH, I should also add that I have a back up of my original NAND. But Im not sure if loading that up as an emunand would help much as the save file manager apps work like how HANS does so on 2.5 hax they cant decrypt 9.6 encrypting

BOBdotEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I've never worked with decrypt9,
but what I had to do was (first backup emunand) then restore the old nand backup on to emunand,
with that, when you boot into emunand, you'll have access to all your stuff.
use your fav save manager, and back up your save files (most managers should make them non-encrypted)

Then you can restore emunand, from your backup, and put the save files wherever you want, and they'll be re-encrypted automatically.

00technocolor00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that could have also worked but I figured out a better solution actually! I dumped my original nands movable.sed and seedsave.bin then injected it into my sysnand. Except for whatever reason you cant directly inject the seedsave.bin into sysnand but you can emunand so I just cloned my sysnand to emunand, injected it, dumped emunand, and restored sysnand with that.
It also makes you go through the set up process again on the 3ds for some reason. Like the setting your profile up, if you want to have parental controls, ect. But now Im able to use the same nintendo3ds folder from folder from before so I got my dollar back that I spent on pokemon shuffle. Had to re download a few titles cus they wouldn't load after selecting them and also my miis are gone so RIP sad clown. He shall live on in our hearts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay