Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh I wouldn't say so.
It's not like we're out of options.

Or that we are so desperate that we have to cling on every single programmer we can find...
It's rather the contrary.

This project is not dead and we are free to choose who we want to work with.
I rejected SkybladeCloud in public instead of PM because he choose to contact me through this thread.
His choice not mine. And my replies resulted due to his arrogant behaviour which was out of place if he really wanted to work with us.

May I remind you guys that 90% of the game is already translated. Do you honestly believe this close to the finish line we would give up?
May I remind you guys that few PSP Translations are this far.

How can you still doubt we're gonna bring this thing home?

darkmanwe4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, it would have been a great help (at least in terms of time) if Sky had helped, too bad things went the wrong way somehow.
Still, we do not doubt you guys are going to do your best to finish this project! You've been doing a great job after all :D

Elegant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well he didn't seem arrogant in his posts at all, merely displaying that he has done the very thing that's holding this project up multiple times successfully.

Eh, no matter. A minor setback I suppose.

I wouldn't say SkyBladeCloud meant to sound arrogant but what I read this morning certainly came off as a "you're doing it wrong" or "you have no idea what you're doing" message which to me kind of seemed like insulting Romsstar's work. Could've gone better on both ends really, I can't believe SkyBladeCloud came into this thread to laugh at the work done so far and intended to help. When I see the end of it especially the pastebin link (a working example), I kind of wonder why that wasn't mentioned in the first comment instead of the initial comment which (unknowingly) started the argument.

Cryum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I wouldn't say so.
It's not like we're out of options.

Or that we are so desperate that we have to cling on every single programmer we can find...
It's rather the contrary.

This project is not dead and we are free to choose who we want to work with.
I rejected SkybladeCloud in public instead of PM because he choose to contact me through this thread.
His choice not mine. And my replies resulted due to his arrogant behaviour which was out of place if he really wanted to work with us.

May I remind you guys that 90% of the game is already translated. Do you honestly believe this close to the finish line we would give up?
May I remind you guys that few PSP Translations are this far.

How can you still doubt we're gonna bring this thing home?
Let's just chill now. We're all perfectly fine waiting for Roxas, and considering how much he's already done it would be unfair to leave him out just because his computer stopped working. The argument could have been done in PMs to prevent both sides from trying to make the other look bad, so making comments about who was right or wrong here ultimately serves whoever wanted to do that.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Romsstar SkyBladeCloud Elegant
So has this world really has come this far to not accept help from someone who is far more knowledgeable?

I personally only recently began to explore romhacking and I have to say I don't yet understand a lot of it, but still.
If someone is able to help you, I always find it to be the best choice to accept it, certainly if that person is more experienced than you are.
Just ask him to explain just what he did to solve the problem and learn from it yourself, so you in your turn can pass that knowledge on to others.

Last time I checked that was the whole point of knowledge: passing it on.

Now it might have looked like he was arrogant and maybe he was, but I'm still guessing you guys aren't 12 and can't talk things out.

I kinda get that you don't want to leave out Roxas, but letting SkyBladeCloud help would not undo all the work Roxas did.
Wouldn't it be a learning oportunity for him too?
If I was Roxas I would really love to learn from SkyBladeCloud.

And please, if you don't agree with me (which I can understand, because we all differ in our opinions) just don't answer to this, unless you have something really meaningful to say or some structured arguments to bring up against my opinion.
I'm not trying to start another war here, the internet and particularly GBATemp are already full enough with that.

I'm just starting to think that I'm the only one who thinks like this.
I thought the internet was about sharing knowledge with each other and not 'look I can do this, bet you can't haha'.
I hope you guys can prove me wrong.

Sincerely,
Someone who is losing faith in the use of the Internet

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, pretty much this. I mean, I'm not losing faith, but the sharing knowledge part.

You both had a common goal: finishing the project. Sky was offering to help, and though the wording may have been a bit needlessly arrogant the intention to help was there. But if you don't want the help, that's fine. Your decision.

I hope y'all can figure this out somehow.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, pretty much this. I mean, I'm not losing faith, but the sharing knowledge part.

You both had a common goal: finishing the project. Sky was offering to help, and though the wording may have been a bit needlessly arrogant the intention to help was there. But if you don't want the help, that's fine. Your decision.

I hope y'all can figure this out somehow.
Yeah, I just want to add that it's fine by me to not let him help, but I just think of it as a missed opportunity.

Reactions: Mirby

Rosenakahara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No offence but........you were both acting like complete children there, seriously what was wrong with letting him help? i've worked with arrogant people before just because they are arrogant does not mean that you should reject their help and this issue might take longer than you think to fix, when you are in charge of a project like this you should try to get all the help you can so you can get it out fast for the fans waiting for you

Reactions: GamerzHell9137

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No offence but........you were both acting like complete children there, seriously what was wrong with letting him help? i've worked with arrogant people before just because they are arrogant does not mean that you should reject their help and this issue might take longer than you think to fix, when you are in charge of a project like this you should try to get all the help you can so you can get it out fast for the fans waiting for you

I would never work with people I don't like just for the sake of getting the job done. Not if it's an UNPAID job I do in my FREETIME as a HOBBY....
I think most people forget about this part. Why are you demanding something as quick as possible if you're not even paying for that?
Where does this absurd assumption comes from that we owe the fans anything?

Rosenakahara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would never work with people I don't like just for the sake of getting the job done. Not if it's an UNPAID job I do in my FREETIME as a HOBBY....
I think most people forget about this part. Why are you demanding something as quick as possible if you're not even paying for that?
Where does this absurd assumption comes from that we owe the fans anything?

Im not you are not listening to me, if you start a project like this and you have fans that support you and stick with you the whole way through you should give some of the loyalty they give you back to them and try to complete this in as high quality and as fast as you can even if you have to work with people you may not like.
If you really think you owe the fans nothing then you don't deserve to head this project, well now i know why sky got mad at you.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, the mods have made it clear that this is off topic, I think we should all move on. The problem will be fixed when it's fixed. And it's not as though we can't continue translating and editing while the problem is being fixed, it just means that it's not possible to make screen shots or videos while we do.

I generally try to stay out of drama, and will continue to do so, suffice to say that we prefer to work with enthusiastic volunteers rather than people who don't intend to take the time necessary to completely fix the problem presented to them.

Reactions: Romsstar

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Im not you are not listening to me, if you start a project like this and you have fans that support you and stick with you the whole way through you should give some of the loyalty they give you back to them and try to complete this in as high quality and as fast as you can even if you have to work with people you may not like.
If you really think you owe the fans nothing then you don't deserve to head this project, well now i know why sky got mad at you.

Again: We're doing this because it's fun and we want to play the game in English and have a nice playable version of the game.

We're just being nice enough to share it with the rest of the people. That's all.
I can't stress it often enough: We are doing this for us.
If 10 people or 1000 or 10000 would support us, it won't make a big difference really.

This and what Sporky said. From now on I won't adress this issue anymore since everything that needed to be said was already said million times ago.

Concerning the issue: It is being worked on. Nothing else to say about it right now.

Reactions: MeatBunFTW

F-Stormer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Woah...not taking sides, but firstly, dude...Romsstar doesn't owe anything to anything, fair enough I get what you're trying to say, but that would be at an entirely different scenario. The situation here is Rommstar is doing this for free because he wants to, not because he has to. At any time he could stop I guess but he's hopefully not going to. But the loyalty the fans are showing are the loyalty fans may not really have any other option to do but to show or have. He doesn't owe them for the loyalty in this case scenario.

Second of all, arguing over why Sky was rejected isn't going to complete the task or get it done any faster. In the meantime, rather than attack Romsstar because of his personal choice which he shared with us, we should maybe try and find another method to help or just continue waiting.

KMP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sorry but I don't get it. Is it really not enough that somebody is giving his time away and translating something for free that everyone can have something of it? Is it really necessary for some jerks to complain and ask stupid questions? Come on guys, are you really such inpatient that you have to let it out in the chat? Really, I'm disappointed by the behavior of some of you. Get a live, or at lest get out of here and don't come back if the only thing you are capable of is siting down and complaining. People, grow up.

Reactions: MeatBunFTW

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lol if you guys were all digi-destined, the digital world would be destined to fall.

You don't have to do everything yourself. They're all here to help you. Let 'em. - Terriermon (Digimon Tamers)

Of course because the real world is just like in Anime....
And oh yeah translating a game is equivalent to saving the world.
Ok noted down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car