Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

josh4class

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on those figures, they would have made just as much, if not more, if they would of sold solely in the U.S. Since so many people are relating this to digimon world one (the good one), they might get a bump. Yes, digimon has gone way down in popularity,but if they were going to release something about digimon, the trends you've provided show they probably would have done just as well in the U.S. also, AND how much money do you think it would take to just translate a game? They are ignoring a client base that is now relying on freelancers to make a game they probably would have paid for anyways. Naive was the wrong word. This is just a poor lack in judgment.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
AND how much money do you think it would take to just translate a game? They are ignoring a client base that is now relying on freelancers to make a game they probably would have paid for anyways. Naive was the wrong word. This is just a poor lack in judgment.

Wait, what? You're completely ignoring all the associated costs of distributing the game to the US market....

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was simply asking on your opinion about inserting original work.
I don't want a quirel about whether "a company could double their sales if they" nor anything that is unrelated to this thread.

If you want to discuss the sales of a company open an own thread for that or whatever. This thread is concerned with the Translation only.

Why a game is not being localized is not our concern anyways.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Based on those figures, they would have made just as much, if not more, if they would of sold solely in the U.S. Since so many people are relating this to digimon world one (the good one), they might get a bump. Yes, digimon has gone way down in popularity,but if they were going to release something about digimon, the trends you've provided show they probably would have done just as well in the U.S. also, AND how much money do you think it would take to just translate a game? They are ignoring a client base that is now relying on freelancers to make a game they probably would have paid for anyways. Naive was the wrong word. This is just a poor lack in judgment.
You have to remember that translating or rather localisation actually DOES cost (quite a bit) money (which is why my dear AAI2 isn't getting localised TT^TT but I digress) probably with advertising and all. While many people may associate this game with DW1, Bandai Namco can't just rely solely on a "maybe" and/or nostalgia factor. It's simply too big a gamble. And while some people may pay for it, well let's be honest, there will be people who will not, sadly. :(

tl;dr Whether I agree to their logic is another matter altogether. Being a fan, I do want them to bring it over. But from the corporate point of view, it's just not worth the risk.

dee200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea you just hit the nail on the head oppertunaty cost bandia isnt the company to gamble known for the previous digimons game that they had (dw4) wasnt good and didn't sell well so when they finally do make a good game they assume that it might not sale as well like the last one need i remind you it cost one t make millions of copys and then people hve to buy the game

Megaman0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
s12ord.smackjeeves.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a question for the developers don't answer if you don't want to but do all these post actually motivate or demotivate you. I mean I guess a thank you for making this translation would always be nice to hear (Thanks by the way :P) but what about the I can't wait for this to come out posts or the even worse how far are you posts? I won't even ask about the when is this coming out posts (I can guess the answer to those). But how much do these posts Motivate or demotivate you guys?

Or do you guys just ignore most of them, I was just wondering this while going to the thread just like I said don't answer if you don't want to.

Have to agree with Xist on this one seeing those sale figure coupled with the fact that Digimon isn't a that profitable license at the moment, coupled with the fact that Bandai has stated that it won't take as much chances in the west as they once did (like most JP developers have), the fact that it's for the PSP which isn't selling very slowly anyway, Piracy and finally the fact that it probably would cost more money that it could make even with these factors not in place makes me think that Namco Bandai isn't wrong here.

Maybe if the English dub did great they could have considered it but it didn't do to great so they won't take a chance without having some assurance to back it up. Plus how many people in this thread would actually buy the game if push came to shove?

Seph54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want a quirel about whether "a company could double their sales if they" nor anything that is unrelated to this thread.

If you want to discuss the sales of a company open an own thread for that or whatever. This thread is concerned with the Translation only.

i say insert the original work lonog as you can program them in correctly and it wont bug the game up go for it just i say make one with just the original content and another with extra content and i agree with you they should move that talk back to the other thread

Tianpohzzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Thx you guys! thx for the hard work translating. Been waiting and will continue to wait for the patch. Created this account just to say thanks! Keep up the good work!

josh4class

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm sorry to continue the topic. My post from before was with the intention to support you guys and NOT start a new discussion on company profits.

Keep doing what you are doing. I'm thankful for talented people like you who are willing to help out some gamers relive nostalgic times.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
tutorialp.png

Tutorials inserted and work.

Reactions: 3 people

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Tutorials inserted and work.

Good work....but....
That sentence reads so horribly....you need to move the "to you" section to the end and remove the exclamation mark. (Possibly switch "I will" for "I'll")

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is not the final version and haven't even been at the editor yet, that is clear yeah?
When I post pictures they are never final you all should know that by now.

Just showing progress, not more.

A Translation is revised at least twice, then edited also twice,
then there is the first quality check, revision check, and THEN only
this version is called "Beta"

This is the first rough translation of the tutorials.
-> 2 Revisions, 2 Edits, 1 Quality Check, 1 Revision before this is even considered to be public.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
That's a good thing to hear, but i just wanted to reiterate that judging by the interest in the project you're going to be judged on every tiny thing you post. It's great to clarify what the image shows....that this isn't final, it's just a working image.

What's the editing process?

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In the Editing process the script is being send to a native speaker of English, to make it sound good and fine.
We are lucky enough to have Lanate on our team, who is not only very capable of this job but also has excellent Digimon knowledge which is also required for this job.

As I'm not a native speaker, ultimately I'm not in the position to judge whether something sounds natural to an English Speaker or not. Hence why we recruited Lanate.

But yeah, people seem to take pictures too serious when I don't clarify that they are NOT final.
I thought people might appreciate to see that we are still kicking.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
In the Editing process the script is being send to a native speaker of English, to make it sound good and fine.
We are lucky enough to have Lanate on our team, who is not only very capable of this job but also has excellent Digimon knowledge which is also required for this job.

As I'm not a native speaker, ultimately I'm not in the position to judge whether something sounds natural to an English Speaker or not. Hence why we recruited Lanate.

Who do you have proof reading his work? (sorry just wanted to clarify the process - Lanate seems like an excellent choice)

Elegant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Inserting original work is cool and all but I think priorities should be made. Translating the game and having it done should be first then you insert original work kind of like "DLC" afterwards and possibly separate (some people may not want it). Just my two cents.

I look forward to seeing the final in a few months time =D

dee200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
love the progress Romsstar keep it up you and the team...it's not even about the game to me anymore it's about the hard work you guys putting into it.....make me kind of wish i want to be a part of it lol... :creep:

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you ever need to hit someone up for a "donation", I'm your guy! I never donate, but you are worth it in my eyes, even if you never finish (God forbid that be the case).

Seph54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

oh Romsstar i have a question when you say add content did you find data of digimon not in the game or are you adding new models into the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!