Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i just downloaded the psp emulator and tried it on that. no setup required, no options to set, and it runs really smooth. i had no idea psp emulation had gotten this far. now i'm debating to play on psp or emulator. i worry that if i play on emulator i'l end up abusing the speed option and ruin the game for myself so i think i'l stay with regular psp.

Reactions: Hargrun

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i just downloaded the psp emulator and tried it on that. no setup required, no options to set, and it runs really smooth. i had no idea psp emulation had gotten this far. now i'm debating to play on psp or emulator. i worry that if i play on emulator i'l end up abusing the speed option and ruin the game for myself so i think i'l stay with regular psp.
For now what worries me is that we weren't able to reproduce any of the issues reported. We tested them all on PPSSPP, Sporky tested the name input bug on his psp and it didn't happen to him either.
No release is perfect, we tried our best and I believed we had nothing serious wrong. I'm sorry it may not seem this way, but well it's hard to fix something we can't trigger, since we can't figure out why it happens in the first place.
I hope we will once we figure out why people are having problems. Meanwhile enjoy what works for you.

Reactions: Hargrun

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
For now what worries me is that we weren't able to reproduce any of the issues reported. We tested them all on PPSSPP, Sporky tested the name input bug on his psp and it didn't happen to him either.
No release is perfect, we tried our best and I believed we had nothing serious wrong. I'm sorry it may not seem this way, but well it's hard to fix something we can't trigger, since we can't figure out why it happens in the first place.
I hope we will once we figure out why people are having problems. Meanwhile enjoy what works for you.
My guess is that if someone is using game plugins it may bring up issues.
I will test the sub version too and see if it works or not.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My guess is that if someone is using game plugins it may bring up issues.
I will test the sub version too and see if it works or not.
Thanks, much appreciated. I don't own a PSP anymore which is I can't test it on a real PSP, but Sporky did on his and he didn't have any issues.
We need to understand how and when it happens, then we can fix it.

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, so far I only see problems in the Coliseum (Dub and Sub, although in Sub it seems more serious). I see ppl saying everything is fine but, have they checked the Coliseum too...?

I'll do some tests tomorrow... (It's like, 6 AM here. Time for bed. :lol:)

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, so far I only see problems in the Coliseum (Dub and Sub, although in Sub it seems more serious). I see ppl saying everything is fine but, have they checked the Coliseum too...?

I'll do some tests tomorrow... (It's like, 6 AM here. Time for bed. :lol:)
Problems as in?...

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks, much appreciated. I don't own a PSP anymore which is I can't test it on a real PSP, but Sporky did on his and he didn't have any issues.
We need to understand how and when it happens, then we can fix it.
I can confirm once again it doesn't work unfortunately :/
Anyways I am fine with the dub version!
Happy birthday Rommstar and thank you for your hard work~

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
oh i didn't say any of that because of the bug haha, i was just amazed at how well the emulation works. as i said in my post last night the dubbed version works perfectly fine on my psp so i'm all set :D

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
oh i didn't say any of that because of the bug haha, i was just amazed at how well the emulation works. as i said in my post last night the dubbed version works perfectly fine on my psp so i'm all set :D
I'm just curious why the sub version isn't...
especially since it works fine on ppsspp too.

Reactions: dimmidice

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm glad that I was planning on going the dub route from the beginning. Works the way it should so far.
and using umdgen, you can shave down the game size to just below 700mb (Level 1 compression), which is always good for pspgo users. Doesn't seem to be affecting loading times or anything as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the hard work

FastBolt918

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Romsstar, do you have any intention of publishing your tools freely or giving them to whoever is interested in translating the game into their own language?
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: djalmafreestyler

malascus

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been lurking&following this for the last 2 years and wanted to express my gratitude to everyone involved in the project!

Digimon world on the ps1 is one of my favorite games and i'm happy that i'll be able to experience something like it again. Also happy birthday Romsstar!

Cygen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
first:may be a bit late but nontheless: Happy B-Day Romsstar

second: since I also wanted to play the sub Version I can report another case of: Crashing after name entry at the moment Agumon jumps on real PSP
maybe its useful maybe not: [PSP Type] first generation Phat European PSP (PSP 1004) with PRO-C Fix3
[tried (with no succes)] Disabling Plugins, Trying different Playernames ( with/without special Characters, normal names, single Letter)

third: Could there be Problems when creating a save with the Dub Version and then switching to Sub Version?

Last edited by Cygen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Banners we don't need no stinking banners! Lol +1