Gaming Digimon World Re:Digitize - Anyone making translation?

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So this means you've solved the text problem YAY!!! :yay:
I THINK so. But at least it seems to work for some cases.
Which is already good. I found at least a workaround for some areas I guess.

There are still some things about the system I don't understand, but most of it is connected to the VRAM...
Ah we will figure something out. As we did before. XD

Seph54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this means you've solved the text problem YAY!!! :yay:
I THINK so. But at least it seems to work for some cases.
Which is already good. I found at least a workaround for some areas I guess.

There are still some things about the system I don't understand, but most of it is connected to the VRAM...
Ah we will figure something out. As we did before. XD

lol nice man i knew i felt like it was the same speed it just looks different cuz its english but anywho that VRAM is what is the probably for alot of translators im pretty sure if you guys can get through the other problem this should be easy too lol :yay: im rooting for you Romsstar lol

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Romsstar, i know these images are still work in progress but it raises the question, are you just directly translating or localising the game so it works naturally in English? I ask just because of two of the images you posted (albeit you may tell me that they were just random tests).

Firstly -

dictionary.png

^This one just doesn't seem natural for a conversation in English, especially between two "friends". No matter how you roll it around in your mouth, "We are there!" isn't really a natural statement when you're talking...."We're there!" seems much more appropriate. The announcement of destination could be left as is but equally could be "We've reached gibberish!".

This is just wrong. Perhaps it's due to sentence construction in Japanese but that comma is just a huge alert to there being something amiss...it doesn't work there. If you reversed the sentence "Taiga, maybe he knows why you came to this world!" it'd work, or just got rid of the comma altogether "Maybe he knows why you came to this world Taiga" but the comma at the end serves no purpose, and whilst these are purely grammatical rather than translation errors, for a good English Translation (a la Mother 3) you want the best localisation job you can do.

Also, what's with all the apostrophe's? Is every statement an imperative? They seem a little bit overused...

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Romsstar, i know these images are still work in progress but it raises the question, are you just directly translating or localising the game so it works naturally in English? I ask just because of two of the images you posted (albeit you may tell me that they were just random tests).

Firstly -

^This one just doesn't seem natural for a conversation in English, especially between two "friends". No matter how you roll it around in your mouth, "We are there!" isn't really a natural statement when you're talking...."We're there!" seems much more appropriate. The announcement of destination could be left as is but equally could be "We've reached gibberish!".

This is just wrong. Perhaps it's due to sentence construction in Japanese but that comma is just a huge alert to there being something amiss...it doesn't work there. If you reversed the sentence "Taiga, maybe he knows why you came to this world!" it'd work, or just got rid of the comma altogether "Maybe he knows why you came to this world Taiga" but the comma at the end serves no purpose, and whilst these are purely grammatical rather than translation errors, for a good English Translation (a la Mother 3) you want the best localisation job you can do.

Also, what's with all the apostrophe's? Is every statement an imperative? They seem a little bit overused...
@xist: Exactly. They were random tests where I didn't care much for the sound of it yet, as I was desperately trying to squize in the amount of text being said.
About the imperative thing: Yeah, in Japanese it really is like this.

"We are there" was just a lot shorter for te first test. Because there is a dictionary entry.

The name (Taiga) is also a dictionary entry and I wasn't sure yet if I could move them around.

So for now it really was WIP.

But while we are at it, I don't have much time on my hands (exams) so I translate in breaks from studying.

So if there is a Digimon Expert (Who really knows it all, the game runs through all seasons)
who has excellent English and word formation skills, you are welcome to join the crew.

So whoever is interested and can show me you are qualified, PM me.
Researching Attack names and all takes time and we have lots of stuff that could actually sound a lot nicer.xD

Roxas75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well guys, after lots of work and studyes (I'm new on the Graphic hacking world...), finally i got the image show properly.
Now my big tool has a quite complete support for .img files. Here are some screens. Now if we want we can make some hacks for digimon pics! ;)
gallery_264478_1400_139882.png

gallery_264478_1400_23260.png

Here is a GeoGreymon dump!

Reactions: 5 people

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
theory.png

This is not an ingame screen (The Image Reinsert is not working yet)
but this screen should give you guys the idea how we want the maps to look like.
Should be possible (I guess)

EDIT: A Graphic Designer provided us already with a better template, will make a new screenshot later...

Reactions: 1 person

Seph54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theory.png

This is not an ingame screen (The Image Reinsert is not working yet)
but this screen should give you guys the idea how we want the maps to look like.
Should be possible (I guess)

it should be you guys done pulled some mircles before lol im sure yall will be able to do this one too that map looks really good btw is that how you trying to get the text in the boxs in game

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just reposting this, since this thread always gets more attention:

Currently looking for an ASM Hacker with the Skills to do the following:

- Move and Resize some Boxes ingame (priority!)
- Move some Texts (Position)
- Character and Partner Name Display Font Fix (You can't enter the Unicode but only the plain 1 byte ASCII characters, making the name look weird)

Doesn't have to be soon but we want to do this.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I haven't been able to test it ingame anyways yet. Still waiting for Roxas :D
I will judge by it looks on the screen then.
Making those maps is fun, and incredibly useful. I always get lost in RPGs.xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9