Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,592,368
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

ArtoriasOfCouch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offence to translators, but I don't know why people are still waiting for this. The game is so outdated now, but I guess if you are a digimon fan not just an rpg fan it's worth waiting for o.o. Seriously like they might release a new digimon game before this even gets finished. NO I am not saying they should finish it faster. My amazement is at the people for waiting not for the translators for taking long lol.

Well i played and beat the game already, so its something more i want from the game. I want the experience. Waiting and supporting this project aimed towards a franchise that i grew up with has been a test of patience and a great gateway into an awesome community of people that want the same thing i do. a translation for a game that rightly deserves it and being able to really connect with the story and gameplay instead of blowing through cutscenes. At this point its really more about the support of and the fact that this translation will even be achieved as this is not a profesional team , its a group of regular people working together to acomplish something they like, and i like that

.... I mean manly man things , manly men and menly mans cuz ima manly man i dont know what any of that is.

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
No offence to translators, but I don't know why people are still waiting for this. The game is so outdated now, but I guess if you are a digimon fan not just an rpg fan it's worth waiting for o.o. Seriously like they might release a new digimon game before this even gets finished. NO I am not saying they should finish it faster. My amazement is at the people for waiting not for the translators for taking long lol.

There are plenty of older games, such as those on the NES, SNES, GBA, and so on and so forth that have yet to be translated. Some have teams working on them now, some not just yet.

By your logic if a game is too old there's no point in waiting for it, any desire for fans to play those games is negated by the age of those games.

Just because a new installment in the series may come out, or the game is many years old, doesn't mean fans shouldn't be excited to play it. Nor does it mean that the people waiting for it are idiots for waiting. It just means that they want to experience a great game in a language they can understand. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Vaioumon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be completely honest, I just /really/ want a game where I can use Gaioumon/Gaiomon/Samudramon (anyone know which name you guys are going with for this?). That's this and the Xros Wars games.

Thanks you guys for your commitment, and keep up the good work! ^^

Reactions: porkiewpyne

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys I want to help out. Do you have any beta testers? I could help with that. I've been waiting a long time for this patch now and am glad to see the progress.:lol:

Right now we're looking only for translators and graphic editors.

When we get to a beta testing stage we'll be sure to let the thread know.

ArtoriasOfCouch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now we're looking only for translators and graphic editors.

When we get to a beta testing stage we'll be sure to let the thread know.

Beta testing in this thread....... iwould love to see the persons inbox who decides to announce the start of that eeeeeh. That just sounds terrifying with the amount of people always asking to play the game plus the following that this has gathered throughout the time its been going.Pure nightmares.

...I mean sign me up for the proverbial beta like a man man

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

Raikaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Right, because all of these people here are just regular old fans of RPGs. Obviously were here because we really want to play this translated game. If you're not a fan of Digimon (or just not a fan of this game in particular), then that's fine. But was it really necessary to belittle others that ARE fans? To clarify, we're all waiting for this to be finished because we want to. If you don't like that, then "Goodbye."

madah123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"but I guess if you are a digimon fan not just an rpg fan it's worth waiting for o.o"
If that applied then everything i said afterwards wouldn't apply. thanks

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Even if I wasn't big on Digimon I would still want to play this RPG, given to how most of the best RPG games are way, way old. Being new doesn't make a game better, if you actually think that, then you might want to check a doctor. =O

Raikaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why we can t download this patched rom i know it is not ended but ı want to use with like now

Reading is fun. You should try it. Might I suggest you start with all of the numerous places it says "We will not release it until it is finished."? That might answer your question that has also been asked multiple times throughout this thread.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Thread watchers, I can announce for now that I've been gradually expanding the size of the team with fresh new hands and hopefully this will allow us to make some faster steady progress.
Our new members are already working with Yugix ^_^

Well that's just a quick update because I know you all crave updates and good news, i'll continue to post when something significant happens
Thanks for your patience and support
-Ice

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello Thread watchers, I can announce for now that I've been gradually expanding the size of the team with fresh new hands and hopefully this will allow us to make some faster steady progress.

Well that's just a quick update because I know you all crave updates and good news, i'll continue to post when something significant happens
-Ice

I've been trying to help but not sure if I've been successful or not. EITHER WAY I'M HALPING

Reactions: Black-Ice

ArtoriasOfCouch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

-Ice

http://i.imgur.com/je48jAa.gif ~ the feels

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo a little to hype i am and talking like this cuz i can.

Lupdemare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
And still the progress from the first post its still the same as 1 and half month ago.
But at least it's goog to know that the translation is not put on hold

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer