Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,596,359
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hi,
I would like to thank all of you who was and still supporting this project till now. Really, I'm sad to ditch the work of some of you who has done something in the story doc, so I will use it as a reference to speed up my translation.

BTW, the attack details is on 40%~ right now. First post updated. Since I have some free time, I can work on it faster than ever.

AWESOME translation progress ,Very fast keep up the good work
Thanks saadred.

only 2 months?, i could wait for 10 months.
2 months is an approximate for all translated without story. Also this depends on other things (like graphics and so). I hope we can do it before 2 months.

novalk

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i'm sorry if im out of the topic, but i wanna ask you guys about this game anti-piracy.

i played this game with no$gba, first i used desmume until i could save the game, then i convert the desmume save to no$gba save.

so far there is no problem with the game, i played the game with no$gba until i arrived at the second town after beating the other main character digimons. then after i entered the town, whenever i'm trying to go to other maps, the bottom screen suddenly goes black, but the digifarm screen and the sound was still playing.

so my question is, is there any way to fix that? well currently i'm playing this with desmume, but i prefer no$gba than desmume. thanks, and by the way i really support this translation project, i hope it could be finished as soon as possible without any problems :)

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I use in this translation the ROM with CRC 83878137 and I haven't encountered any problem at all.

I use DesMume 0.9.6 I think

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I had no issues with No$GBA 2.6a paired with No$Zoomer 2.3.0.2; not sure about that.

can you tell me which rom do you use? the patched one or the untouched one?
untouched. there is no patch yet, and i don't even think this was started when i played through it.

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I had no issues with No$GBA 2.6a paired with No$Zoomer 2.3.0.2; not sure about that.

can you tell me which rom do you use? the patched one or the untouched one?
untouched. there is no patch yet, and i don't even think this was started when i played through it.

I think he is talking about the anti-piracy patch (if there is any)
well i didn't see an AP patch, nor did i encounter issues with AP. i'm not sure what's up. hmmmm....

Exkorath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh snapp...I didn't know there was a digimon game for NDS. hey all of ya translatin' this game, this is some cool work.
Btw, some digimon games are already in english. Digimon world, dawn/dusk, Digimon world championships, and digimon world ds, But they do have japan exclusives obviously like super xros wars red/blue and this digimon story: lost evolution. Although the xros wars red/blue are most likely going to be here eventually along with season 6 & 7.

jarodm3042

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't you get it. If they were going to give the US digimon super xros wars then they would have done it by now. They gave it to Japan over 2 and a half years

D

Deleted User

Jarod, it's because Season 6 and 7 aren't even dubbed in English yet. The game probably wouldn't sell as well if they just released it in moment's notice.

TMS1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I expect that we may get the Super Xros Wars games after the in-development dub of Xros Wars is done. Unless Digimon becomes wildly popular over here again, though, I doubt that they'll be releasing Lost Evolution. It may be the only game in the Digimon Story series that never gets localized.

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I expect that we may get the Super Xros Wars games after the in-development dub of Xros Wars is done. Unless Digimon becomes wildly popular over here again, though, I doubt that they'll be releasing Lost Evolution. It may be the only game in the Digimon Story series that never gets localized.

What Pessimism,TMS1

TMS1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I wouldn't really mind. Once this project is finished we'll have an English version of the game without all the dumb name changes and alterations to the storyline.

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The Project will be Finished as Yugix said that he will not do the Storyline Translate,so be quiet TMS1,We don´t Want your Attitude of Defeat

hart37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think TMS1 was saying Yugix and the team wouldn't finish this translation. I read his post as saying Nintendo and Bandai won't translate it themselves due to them thinking Digimon isn't popular in the West, which is in my opinion completely wrong. In any case keep up the good work Yugix I am still checking this thread every day :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4