Hacking Digimon Adventure [PSP]

Kovren

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeez, you hostile people.

It appeared to me that everyone was simply focusing on the menus with nothing being done on the story. The first post still says help was welcomed. Nevermind then.

Rough tl that I did after posting this message. Just translating it from the game since no one here seems to want to help out by giving me access to the actual text.

Narrator:
During the summer of that year, strange occurrences happened all over the earth.
In Southeast Asia, rice fields dried up from the lack of rain.
In the Middle East, flooding occurred due to heavy rainfall.
And in America, it was the coolest summer on record.
Little did our group of seven summer campers know that this would lead to the beginning of their adventure in an unknown world.

Sora:
Taichi!

Taichi:
What's up, Sora?

Sora:
Now's not the time to be sleeping.. Help me pitch this tent.

Taichi:
Ugh... If I have to...

Sora:
I'm freezing!!

Taichi:
What's wrong?

Sora:
Something's falling out of the sky... Is that... snow?!

Taichi:
Don't be silly, how could it snow in the middle of summer...
I'm freezing!!

Sora:
Hey, I was right! It's snowing...

Taichi:
You're right... It's really coming down too!

Koshiro:
Taichi-san!

Taichi:
Koshiro! It's snowing in the middle of summer! What's going on?

Koshiro:
It could be due to all those cases of abnormal weather.

Sora:
More importantly, if this blizzard doesn't pass... Oh, I know!

Taichi:
What is it?

Sora:
I saw a small shine on the way here. We could probably take shelter there.

Taichi:
Sounds good! Koshiro, come with me to tell the others.

Koshiro:
Okay!

Taichi:
It really snowed a lot... But it seems to have finally stopped.

Takeru:
Yay! Hey Yamato, look! It's solid white all over!

Yamato:
Snow during the summer... This is another case of abnormal weather.

Mimi:
This is our campsite?! It looks like a different place!

Sora:
Mimi-chan! It's dangerous to be running!

Jo:
Ah... Ah... Achoo! Did the weather forecast say it was going to snow?

Koshiro:
Since this place isn't that big, it might be better if you did all the talking.

-cut to gameplay-
-walking around talking to people-
Jo:
Taichi! I'm worried about everyone here, so let's head back to where the adults are...

Koshiro:
No good. The radio still doesn't work.
I thought that once the blizzard stopped, it would connect.

Yamato:
Jeez, that Takeru...
As soon as you take your eyes off him, he's gone somewhere else.

Takeru:
Wow! Snow! It's so cool!

Sora:
Ah, it's so cold...
You would never think it was summer...

Mimi:
Squee! It's so pretty!
The fresh snow looks like it's sparkling.

Sora:
Look at that! Wow!!

Mimi:
The aurora's so pretty! How romantic!!

Taichi:
I've never seen it before!

Koshiro:
That's weird! We shouldn't be able to see the aurora here in Japan.

-cut scene-

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Nice work Kovren! I really have no idea where the story dialogue files are located, but if you want to help with this you can do like you have done so far (using the game as a guide) or maybe, if it is more confortable for you, using playthroughs from youtube as a guide. It would be awesome if some user here discovers which file contains the story and tells us.

I don't think that Stormyu was being hostile, it was just a joke :P ...

Kovren

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work Kovren! I really have no idea where the story dialogue files are located, but if you want to help with this you can do like you have done so far (using the game as a guide) or maybe, if it is more confortable for you, using playthroughs from youtube as a guide. It would be awesome if some user here discovers which file contains the story and tells us.

I don't think that Stormyu was being hostile, it was just a joke :P ...
Ah, okay. It's hard to understand when someone's joking when you've never been around them before.

Surely someone's located the files though, right? Considering I've seen the dialog replaced in various videos. Falo's image of his tool a few pages back has a section with the story in it that says "Story (PBIN) Editor," but I was unable to figure out what pbin it was in.

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ah, okay. It's hard to understand when someone's joking when you've never been around them before.

Surely someone's located the files though, right? Considering I've seen the dialog replaced in various videos. Falo's image of his tool a few pages back has a section with the story in it that says "Story (PBIN) Editor," but I was unable to figure out what pbin it was in.

Maybe if you send a PM to Falo he'll tell you :) (or maybe not... but at least you can try :P)

z0mbies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey someone should set up a tutorial for to follow and tell me what programs i need to edit the story ive been bored after work lately need something to try. i use to mod minecraft alot got boring thought id try dubbing

z0mbies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working on Images its tricky getting them to fit and make sense haha mine barely make sense sorry for the size of the pics to tired to make them small

AND yes i will be fixing some words so it makes a little more sense just trying to make them all english first

PPSSPPWindows+2013-7-7-9-52-13-164.jpg
PPSSPPWindows+2013-7-7-9-51-58-896.jpg

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Working on Images its tricky getting them to fit and make sense haha mine barely make sense sorry for the size of the pics to tired to make them small

AND yes i will be fixing some words so it makes a little more sense just trying to make them all english first

is that my translation ? daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum

z0mbies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your translation? what the one im using? if so no im using digimonadventuretool with the eboot to make it even though you have most of it done already. also man episode descriptions are a pain lol

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Your translation? what the one im using? if so no im using digimonadventuretool with the eboot to make it even though you have most of it done already. also man episode descriptions are a pain lol
pain ? pfft they are a dildo in the ass, they are the last thing im willing to do

z0mbies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey how would i pack the bin files back in the .pbin they came from tried using hex editor didnt work or i did it wrong

- merged ------------------------------------------------

YAY I figured a little out translation is hard though

quiwdq.jpg
PPSSPPWindows+2013-7-8-1-52-4-135.jpg

Reactions: SuperSZ

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
z0mbies, could you please tell us how did you discover the file which has the story, how did you edit it and if you have or not a character limitation? .... pleeeeeease
1UVjt2E.png

z0mbies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well at first i couldnt figure out the translation bc the jap didnt make any sense so i used the german patch then had to figure out what lines was the story then i modded the file from german to english seemed easier but the file i used was ID03520.pBin i opened it up with Hex editor and changed the line to english however there is a limit and it really confusing to me bc i never used a hex editor before. the limit is the words has to as long as the german words right now im trying to figure out how the jap files work bc again they confuse me there all symbols lol
btw the story in the ID03520.pBin is a little halfway down where you see in jap files it says this Ì”NÿA‚Æ‚µÿ.‚̉ÄÿA‚È‚Âÿ.‚Í’n‹…ÿB‚¿‚«‚イÿ.‘S‘ÌÿB‚º‚ñ‚½‚¢ÿ.‚ª‚¨‚©‚µ‚©‚Á‚½.“Œ“ìÿB‚Æ‚¤‚È‚ñÿ.ƒAƒWƒA‚ł͉JÿA‚ ‚ßÿ.‚ª.~ÿA‚Óÿ.‚炸.…“cÿB‚·‚¢‚ so yea lol

z0mbies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i confused anyone i can try to make a video to better explain what i did

and if im not wrong i think ID03519 to ID03629.pbin are story files or related to them

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That would be pretty cool, but please, if you have something to write please use the "Edit" button, do not write 2 messages in a row.

z0mbies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok will do is there anyone here who is really good at hex editing?

ok my video recorder doesnt wanna work so ill make a simple pic tutorial

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY