Hacking Digimon Adventure [PSP]

ahrimansiah

Digital Demon
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Nope, just the main eight, their evolutions and Omegamon. Everybody else (Leomon, SaberLeomon, Ogremon, the other five leaders' Digimon...) is just support and controlled by the AI.
then its not a game for me, thanx alot for info bro!
aww man still we dont have a real nice digimon world! re digitize was a nice touch but the control system sux! i wish we could control our digimons like old digimon worlds! and it really sux that all digimons are same size!
anyway thanx again

silverwolf689

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lol best of both worlds. has the voices that some people grew up with but the original music as well. too bad if the game ever becomes localized it wouldn't be like this.

hallo 1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
decrypt the eboot. they're all there

i think the problem is that there are no japanese signs if he opens the id00.... (i tried it the same way)

when i open a modded id00... all i can read is the translated words, the rest of the text is different kinds of signs like ƒƒfƒBƒA‚ðŒŸo.
opening an unmodded file i dont find any but these.

i think the question is how to get the japanese signs...

bad english? sorry...^^

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France

lol best of both worlds. has the voices that some people grew up with but the original music as well. too bad if the game ever becomes localized it wouldn't be like this.

I love the fact that, in my country, this video is blocked due to copyright issue.
And as a reminder, who said putting english "copyrighted" voice, into the game "IS" a problem ?

Right... me...
sorry to be the a** again, but I wanted to make it clear ^^

For hallo 1.
Bad encoding, and don't use notepad or anything like that to view them.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's what we call, an Hex Editor.
And it was blocked because it was using the japanese music with english audio.

famuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hello my friends :)

i want to ask :
1.how to edit ID03841 ??
2.after extract .GIM to be .PNG, how to make .PNG to be .GIM ?

sorry my english is bad

Stark

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi everyone! As you can see I'm new to the forums, I created an account just to post on this thread! I've been following the translation thread for Digimon Re: Digitize. But now that this game came out I'm really looking forward to playing it in english! I read on the first post that there were some "technical problems" what kind of problems are those? do they prevent any work from being done? I'm asking, not because I want you to finish the patch now, but because I'd love to assist you guys in doing so. I've been studying japanese for over 7 years, I know it's not a lot, but I might be able to give you guys a hand with the translation. I saw some screenshots on one website which I think are from this project (there they claimed the credit went to xhai, and googling I found this thread) and noticed there were some typos, so I'd love to do some proofreading of what's already done, and help continue what's left.
I, however, have no knowledge whatsoever on game patching, so any guidance in that matter would be really appreciated.

I'd be honored to be part of the team!

Stark

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ok, I messaged him, thanks StorMyu!

btw, I started the game today, and from what I've seen so far seems to have pretty simple vocabulary. I think I'll be able to translate most of the text without much hassle :)

Is there somewhere I can see what's been done already regarding translation? A file I can update from?

Blitzkrieg916

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all!
So I'm new here, actually I made an account just for this thread lol. I've been playing the game for the last few days and it's great! :)
I've been looking into doing a bit of translating myself, disregarding the fact that I know no knowledge of japanese (but I'm making use of my resources so it's all good lol). I understand that I need to use a hex editor to edit the ID files, and I've been messing with HxD and MadEdit, but neither one of them is able to display the japanese characters (even though I have the proper language files installed on my PC and I can type those characters in myself in any other program). Mad Edit is able to display the Kanji, but not Hiragana and Katakana, which make up like 90% of the characters in the game haha.
Can anyone point me to a hex editor that would help in this situation? Maybe even the same one being used by the translation team here?
I looked on Google and through a few pages here on this thread (not all because I haven't had time to go through 40 pages) but I'm not having much luck.

Thanks!
-Blitz

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't say I know much about the game's encoding, but have you changed the encoding on your Hex Editor? To something like Shift-JIS or one of the unicode settings?

ben nahalewski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Want to help with translation or modding? Here's some things you should know

2) Once you have it, you'll need to extract the ISO (you can use UltraISO or a similar program), and then in the USRDIR you'll have a .CPK file. That file contains basicly everything from the game. However, you'll need to extract it first. You'll have to use a program called "CriPackedFileMaker" which you can get here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jwygidgmvdw (just drag the CPK file into the program and extract it). You'll have a LOT of files without extension. Those files are parts of the game. We still don't know what every ID file contains, but here's what we have discovered so far:
*GMO models are from ID00515-ID03518 (To open them, you'll have to use the program Gitmo, which you can get here: http://www.richwhitehouse.com/filemirror/gitmo11.zip )
*GIM files are from ID00000 to ID00514, excluding: ID00002,25,30,51,98.
*ID03117 and ID03118 have a list of english characters, katakana and hiragana characters.
What appears to be the menu is on ID03841 (the last one)
*PMF files are from ID03634-ID03691 (It's more convenient to order them by size; except the two on the top, from ID03693 up to ID3638 are the .pmf files). These kind of files can just be played with Media Player Classic, but they won't reproduce the sound (because the sound is in AT3 format). Here's a list of what correspond to each PMF file:
Videos
First set, Digivolving
ID03634 - Koromon digivolving to Agumon
ID03635 - Yokomon digivolving to Biyomon
ID03636 - Motimon digivolving to Tentomon
ID03637 - Tsunomon digivolving to Gabumon
ID03638 - Tokomon digivolving to Patamon
ID03639 - Bukamon digivolving to Gomamon
ID03640 - Tanemon digivolving to Palmon
ID03641 - Agumon digivolving to Greymon
ID03642 - Gabumon Digivolving to Garurumon
ID03643 - Biyomon Digivolving to Birdamon
ID03644 - Tentomon Digivolving to Kabuterimon
ID03645 - Palmon digivolving to Togemon
ID03646 - Gomamon digivolving to Ikkakumon
ID03647 - Patamon digivolving to Angemon
ID03648 - Greymon digivolving to MetalGreymon
ID03649 - Garurumon digivolving to WereGarurumon
ID03650 - Kabuterimon digivolving to Megakabuterimon
ID03651 - Birdramon digivolving to Garudamon
ID03652 - Togemon to Lillymon
ID03653 - Ikkakumon digivolving to Zudomon
ID03654 - Gatomon digivolving to Angewomon
ID03655 - Angemon digivolving to MagnaAngemon
ID03656 - Agumon Warp Digivolving
ID03657 - Gabumon Warp Digivolving
ID03658 - Biyomon Warp Digivolving
ID03659 - Tentomon Warp Digivolving
ID03660 - Palmon Warp Digivolving
ID03661 - Gomamon Warp Digivolving
ID03662 - Patamon Warp Digivolving
ID03663 - Gatomon Warp Digivolving
ID03664 - Rookie digimon digivolving in succession (probably used during the Kuwagamon battle)

Second set, cutscenes
ID03665 - Recieving Digivices and entering Digital world
ID03666 - Tai wakes up
ID03667 - Kabuterimon smashes cliff, Gomamon calls Fishes
ID03668 - Ogremon vs Leomon, Devimon appears
ID03669 - Devimon separates File Island
ID03670 - Devimon absorbs Black Gears
ID03671 - Angemon's sacrifice
ID03672 - Etemon attacks Koromon village
ID03673 - Greymon Dark Digivolves to SkullGreymon
ID03674 - Etemon defeated, Tai and MetalGreymon get sucked into void
ID03675 - Tai returns to the Digital World, leaving Kari behind
ID03676 - Myotismon makes himself known to the Digidestened
ID03677 - Wizardmon's sacrifice
ID03678 - VenomMytotismon
ID03679 - Angemon and Angewomon throw arrows of Hope and Light
ID03680 - Dark Masters make themselves known
ID03681 - Whamon's sacrifice
ID03682 - SaberLeomon's sacrifice
ID03683 - Gate of Destiny sucking in Vilemon
ID03684 - Entering Apocolymon's world
ID03685 - Digivices containing Apocolymon's explosion
ID03686 - Saying goodbye on the Tram
ID03687 - Agumon and Tentomon on the Internet
ID03688 - Greymon digivolving infront of Infermon
ID03689 - Tai and Matt in the Internet
ID03690 - DNA digivolving
ID03691 - Opening

If this helps anyone then here goes so there is more than a few files in the FILEDATA.CPK and I guess I didn't read wel enough since 40 posts are too much for me to read when trying to help this project any way...

FILEDATA.CPK too many files to rename extensions such as .GIM and .PMF to make it easier there is a program called Extension Renamer renames multiple ext which helps loads for someone just getting started. All ID's that need ext's renamed can find them on the first post.

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-change-file-extension/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O8G6DCnlLDQ