Hacking Digimon Adventure [PSP]

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So renaming each .psd to ID *number and no extension at the end* would be enough? And then pack them into the CPK?

Highly doubtful. You'll need to convert it back into a GMO file (or whatever the original format is) in order for the game to accept it. PSD's especially won't work as they're a PhotoShop specific format.

kal_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
IDs are 44,45,46,47,48,49 and 50 (each for one button)
'Attack' (the centre button) has two icons, there's the orange hover aswell. So shouldn't there be eight files? Or are they stored together. I uploaded the originals aswell, incase the file sizes help find them, ofcourse Gitmo might've converted them to PNG.

So renaming each .psd to ID *number and no extension at the end* would be enough? And then pack them into the CPK?
I guess they'd need to be PNGs or GIFs or whatever they're meant to be first.

yugix

Sleepy
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

I don't think it can be easy like this. I have looked into 45 to check only. I could know a lot of info about the ID file but I don't have an exactly info about the size of header and what it contains.

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Try using Gitmo on the ID's listed in the OP.

Use Noesis to convert them to png, edit them, save as png again, then run png2gim on them:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fj9m3mpjbg96m0p

It should keep the original filesize as well for repacking. You'd have to manually copy them back into the ID with hex mind you.

I hope someone can do all that, including that hex thing (sounds very difficult)

silverwolf689

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well. roxas kinda did already. he has a screenshot with the menu buttons edited with english.

speaking of which. the team has bin quiet lately. I hope things are going well. Or are you guys just focusing on Re Digitize for the the time being.

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
well. roxas kinda did already. he has a screenshot with the menu buttons edited with english.

speaking of which. the team has bin quiet lately. I hope things are going well. Or are you guys just focusing on Re Digitize for the the time being.

Yeah, I know. But I don't think he will even give us a minimum hint of how he did it (to repack everything):P . It would be kinda nice to know approximately how much % of progress the translation team did so far on this game

yugix

Sleepy
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I didn't read the whole 22 pages, so if this is old, please don't attack me.

I found that the decrypted Eboot.bin contains a lot of texts such as Digimon Profile "I guess" and I found text that seems to be narrator "story teller" text.
Also, there is Map Location Names. Also I think there is the instruction data.

I didn't check it well so I can't be sure about these things.

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know. But I don't think he will even give us a minimum hint of how he did it (to repack everything):P . It would be kinda nice to know approximately how much % of progress the translation team did so far on this game

If all goes well Roxas will release his tools after comletion of the ReDigitize patch.
I would hope they wouldn't wait till Adventure completion to do it.

xhai

Trophies
XP
Country
NPJH-50686_13210217_916.jpg
NPJH-50686_13131231510_531.jpg

Small update to my patch..

Reactions: kal_

xhai

Trophies
XP
Country
I found them earlier on through gitmo, ticked the png box when I was extracting 3d models. I've quickly blanked them and added text just now, PSDs incase the font or translation needs changing. Good luck getting it back into the CPK though, Gitmo didn't tell me any of the ID file names.

Do you think the battle menu are in gmo or png format well i have an idea or a guess.. we can still extract and insert the images

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If all goes well Roxas will release his tools after comletion of the ReDigitize patch.
I would hope they wouldn't wait till Adventure completion to do it.

I hope he does. His tools would be very useful to translate the game to other languages. I hope that in those tools there is something that can let us redub this game too (I just needed something to repack the stuff, but couldn't get it), that would be great (Maybe the english dub isn't very good when compared to the original (most people here didn't sound very excited about a redub of this game in english, but I grew up with the latinoamerican spanish version and that dub was AWESOME, and if it gets to be possible I would like to give it a try and redub the game to that spanish)

kal_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
please can you tell me how to decrypt the eboot. bin?

I will be grateful
JPCSP should do it, tick 'Extract decrypted EBOOT.BIN files to the TMP folder' under Options > Configuration > Crypto, then run the game and check the folder. I tried to test it myself, changed a few words and overwrote the old EBOOT in the iso with the decrypted one, but it didn't make a difference. Probably needs to be re-encrypted before it gets put back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to