Hacking Digimon Adventure [PSP]

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Who said that I would release any patch in public?
I just want to make a patch for myself is there anything wrong with it?

Yep that's true Well I am not aiming for a Story translation :P
A menu translation would be fine I guess :P

Lie Lie Lie Lie Lie Lie Lie Lie Lie Lie Lie Lie Lie Lie Lie Lie

Ok I want to explain something right here:

- Patches takes time, because it's not as simple as using an Hex Editor and changing stuff, or even using others people's tool everytime.
Roxas build the tool for Re:Digitize, to convert image to an easy format, and made an editor for everything textual.
For Digimon Adventure, it's the same thing.

- Translator are using their brain, not internet to translate everything, I won't say using an online dictionnary is bad because it's good, but Google Translator IS bad, as I've already shown:
http://www.translationparty.com/#10711485

- When those part are done, that's kinda my time to do the job, when you have inserted stuff in the game sometimes it's just isn't right, you can see what I mean by looking at this
problem I'm currently taking care of in Re:Digitize
cb24p80nmh1n6xn3h.gif

Basically, the Year / Day is a bit too long compared to the original Kanji in place, and so the Digits are over the string.
Anyone would use : Y and D
as Year and Day, but that's just trying to hide difficulties.

And when I see that:

snap000u.png

I just see the script system using another text routine which is not using the variable-width font in the menu.
And that, is the main problem in many japanese games.
Also trust me, this one is not the most horrible I've seen in Japanese games (it's not "too" wide)
but still an issue.

I could show you a lot of stuff like that, but that would be too long and I'm already bored.

I wanted to make things clear.

Roxas / romsstar and I WERE PLANNING A MENU PATCH FOR GOD SAKE CAN'T YOU WAIT A FEW WEEKS ?

Last word to explain why I really dislike what is going on here.
First, it is butchered, because people are randomly trying to achieve something purely for their ego (like Liberta from what I just saw and from what I've quoted, and yeah this is completly bashing someone and I don't care)
A translation patch isn't going to make you famous, we don't care about stuff like that and that's one of the main reason why you can't have something good in 2 weeks. Since when Japanese / US / Eur release were everytime at the same time ?
Just by looking at Tales of Graces f, I can see more than a year...
Second, doing those "patches" only make it worst for this community, since people will start providing it everywhere and see weird stuff like blackscreen or stuff really not professional we will all look like idiots.

=> some examples:
snap001pq.png

- Not aligned text
- "Pick" barely readable
- Graphics untranslated.
- Name with a Fixed-Width font

just with one screen...

Ok most of you don't care, you only want to see some english text in it, but that's where hackers are supposed to be smart and make it good, by making fan services you're just doing it wrong, and your usual plan of world conquer is going nowhere.

Well, I'm pissed off, that's all for now.

silverwolf689

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um... Ok......
Anyways anybody having any luck on translating the story/dialogue portions. More specifically the post game dungeon with the other goggle heads or the subquests.

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@StorMyu I don't really think anybody is making a patch for their ego, it's just something for them try to see if they can do it, more like a personal challange. Also, I think that Liberta, xhai and anybody else (if there is any) who is trying a patch on their own is very very aware that they don't have the exact tools they need and that the result won't be "pro". Also, you're a perfectionist. I'm not saying that a "perfect patch" is bad, in fact it would be awesome, but please understand that for SOME people a patch with just english text (and not a lot of details, like you mentioned before under that quoted picture) IS enough (till something better comes out).
By saying "doing those "patches" only make it worst for this community, since people will start providing it everywhere and see weird stuff like blackscreen or stuff really not professional we will all look like idiots. " you kinda contradict yourself. Let me explain: how could possibly a "bad" patch make YOU look like idiot if you didn't contribute in the making of that particular patch?. Plus you said that a patch shouldn't be made for fame (that includes infame), so, would you REALLY care what a bunch of strangers in the internet think of you? like "oh look, there's the guy who made a bad patch ((although you didn't really make it)), let's say bad things about him", would that really affect you?

Let me be clear: I appreciate VERY VERY much your work (with Roxas and Romsstar). But I see no point in getting angry just because another person's work isn't as good as yours.

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Alright guys, I may have discovered something but I need a little help here. In previous pages I mentioned something about a possible redub, but it was difficult (too many conversions). I found ONE tool that works, but I needed another one. The tool I found first is this . It "extracts" the PMF video into AVI (the video) and AT3 audio. The basic idea of the redub would be to modify the AT3 audio and then repack it somehow. That's the problem, I didn't know how to repack everything. But then I found this thing which you can download from here.
The thing is that the program is in japanese, so I don't know how to use it. In theory it converts AVI to PMF, but I need to know if it can somehow include an AT3 file inside it.

If someone who knows about this stuff can translate the program, or can test if it can create PMF videos with sound, it would be awesome :)

ultima espio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Funny, I tried that the other night just for lolz. I tried the ending video, and in some parts they fit like a glove, but they've added new parts in and certain parts are longer than in the anime.

So if anyone wanted to do it privately for their own use, it would take a lot.

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@StorMyu I don't really think anybody is making a patch for their ego, it's just something for them try to see if they can do it, more like a personal challange.
Hence why you do that for "you", I have tons of" menu patch" just because I wanted to try the game itself. (and I planned to complete them one day but still)
like this: Brave Story DS
cb34pkqdgol4op06l.bmp

Or even a full menu patch for Keroro RPG (still NDS, and I don't have any "in game" stuff so I'll just show some of the graphics made for it)
cb34qk8u4ujgwuhpp.bmp
cb34qxjtjexwokizx.bmp

And I don't think I've released something... Why ? Because it is "for me" as a "personnal challenge" and it's "not complete" so NO.

please understand that for SOME people a patch with just english text (and not a lot of details, like you mentioned before under that quoted picture) IS enough (till something better comes out).
K Zen lets UsE Propper IngliSh Coz Its Not Inportent EniWay.

No ? People complain, everytime, our job is to provide a quality service. If not, I should rather not do anything at all.
That's why I usually don't do menu patches, but Adventure is Adventure, people know the story so what the heck, you can just look the anime while playing the game it'll be enough (for now)

By saying "doing those "patches" only make it worst for this community, since people will start providing it everywhere and see weird stuff like blackscreen or stuff really not professional we will all look like idiots. " you kinda contradict yourself. Let me explain: how could possibly a "bad" patch make YOU look like idiot if you didn't contribute in the making of that particular patch?. Plus you said that a patch shouldn't be made for fame (that includes infame), so, would you REALLY care what a bunch of strangers in the internet think of you? like "oh look, there's the guy who made a bad patch ((although you didn't really make it)), let's say bad things about him", would that really affect you?
Because people doing patches at gbatemp are (almost) all people trying to achieve something like you said, which means it's not a good reputation to start with, and I don't care about what people thinks, it's clearly to improve the general idea of what people thinks of gbatemp users. About not having only people doing menu patches everywhere because they saw some text in an Hex Editor...
So in a way, I do care, on the other hand ? I really don't give a damn.

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Funny, I tried that the other night just for lolz. I tried the ending video, and in some parts they fit like a glove, but they've added new parts in and certain parts are longer than in the anime.

So if anyone wanted to do it privately for their own use, it would take a lot.

Wait, you said that it worked?. I mean, I don't care if it's longer or not than the anime, I can do a basic audio editing and sync that. But the final result you got was a PMF video with modified audio?. Can you please tell me how did you do it?

ultima espio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nono, I just got video without audio, then tried to sync the anime to fit the game. I never managed to get it back to PMF unfortunately.

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@StorMyu
Ok we do see your point.
But you know something you guys won't stop anyone by saying that translating and doing "useless" patches (which in my opinion I do not think they are useless at all)
are going to change the fact that we are technically translating the game.
But not in your own way we are not programmers or professional translators we are just trying to make something that everyone can have fun with.
You can post whatever you want OK I get you are doing some professional work there I do not deny it but let us do something for the community too :)

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Liberta said:
I just want to make a patch for myself is there anything wrong with it?​
Ok I am going to Ignore you I don't the fact that you are being offensive to me.

well according to @ewinko the battle menu is stored in the Image files of the game. :)

Thanks man !

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just said you lied, beside that I've got nothing against you...

StorMyu, for fucks sakes man. You're making YOURSELF look like the ass anymore. Just because idiots fools and retards release shitty ass patches, that doesn't make you look any worse. If you're really THAT worried about someone tarnishing the name of translators, then make a team. Make a team with a name. Make that name stand for something. Make a team that when people hear X team translated a game they're like "OH SHIT! AWESOME!"
Right now you're just coming off (to me) as "I WANT TO TRANSLATE THIS FOR THE CREDIT! STOP IT! I WANTED TO DO THAT! NO YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG! NOOOOOOOO! ;_;"
Just leave the thread dude. Again, I appreciate what you and you guys are doing for ReDigitize but come on now, this is making you look bad. REALLY bad.

EDIT: I'd also like to say that 90% of what you mentioned they're doing "wrong" I'm doing with Danball and I did with AGE and both came out fine with proper working and use. It's about EXPERIENCE and letting them learn for fucks sakes man. Tell me, how did you learn the skills you have?

EDIT2: Also you're doing a GREAT job of making Translators look like elitest assholes.

Reactions: kal_

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
As I've already said, I have nothing against it, I can't stop people from doing what they want, but yeah that's tarnishing a good game and I'm against that.

EDIT: I'd also like to say that 90% of what you mentioned they're doing "wrong" I'm doing with Danball and I did with AGE and both came out fine with proper working and use. It's about EXPERIENCE and letting them learn for fucks sakes man. Tell me, how did you learn the skills you have?

How did I learn...
By Reading this
And I like Danball Senki, just the fact that you're interesting in doing it is fine to me I don't want it to be perfect.
Btw that's not experience... You just gain no experience by using other people's tool and an online translator, that's just time consuming.

EDIT2: Also you're doing a GREAT job of making Translators look like elitest assholes.
What ?

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I've already said, I have nothing against it, I can't stop people from doing what they want, but yeah that's tarnishing a good game and I'm against that.

How did I learn...
By Reading this
And I like Danball Senki, just the fact that you're interesting in doing it is fine to me I don't want it to be perfect.
Btw that's not experience... You just gain no experience by using other people's tool and an online translator, that's just time consuming.

What ?

Oh? It's not experience? By learning how to modify and use tools? It's not experience by learning how to translate a game? Well shit. I guess what I've been doing anyone can do. I guess I'll just hand it off to some random person off the street and say "Here. Translate this." Oh wait. That's right, they can't. We have an aptitude for this shit. That's why we do it, because not everyone can.

They're not tarnishing a good game. They're releasing basic patches so people can understand the absolute basics of what they're doing. It's exactly the same as my AGE menu patch. I didn't do any major translating, just the basics so people could play the game and understand what they're doing.

You're making translators look like Elitest Assholes by telling them not to do something because it's not as good as yours. By telling them to stop because yours will be better. That's elitism. You feel yours is better and everyone else's is shit. If it's not perfect like yours, it's shit. That's the attitude you're giving off dude.

Just back off and let them dick around and learn shit on their own. When you LEARN how to do something, that's called experience. You LEARNED how to Translate PSP games, it didn't just come naturally and you didn't learn JUST from Romhacking.net yes it helped, but it was a TOOL for you to LEARN from.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to