Hacking Digimon Adventure [PSP]

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Guys if you happen to discover in which ID file the music is, please tell me (also tell me how to extract the music out of that ID file/s (probably they'll be in .AT3) and then how to repack it), so that I can try to see if I can make a patch that replaces songs from the game with the originals from the anime (don't worry, not the songs from the USA Digimon soundtrack). I've heard that many of the songs of the game are not so good, so I'll first have to listen them all, try to interpret which is the mood that the song tried to give to the player and then choose one from the anime that makes the same thing (but probably better).

However I don't think I'll have much time to work on this. If someone wants to make the same thing, that person can get the Original digimon sountrack from here (just search for a program or webpage that lets you convert the video to mp3). And of course, he'll also need to know how to convert AT3 to MP3 and vice versa (that can be done with a PSP homebrew or with Goldwave + a plugin; however you can not simply reproduce AT3 in your PC directly). Then he'll also need a program to unpack and repack the AT3 files into the ID file/s, which I also need :P

kal_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've noticed that someone on GameFAQs translated all the items, lucky since that seems to be the biggest hurdle for me playing so far. Anyone know which file they're in? Might give this hex-editing lark a bash myself.

ultima espio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to find the bgm yourself, download the program Total commander, and just run a search for files with RIFF[random characters]WAVEfmt in there.

It should say something like RIFFHH..WAVEfmt (it varies from at3 to at3). Voices are likely to be in the same format.

Gold011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
hey, i've been following this thread, and i would like to ask, if there's at least going to be a translated menu/items patch, i'm at the part where angewomon (or how it is spelled) defeats vamdemon/myotismon, and now i'm getting some levels via digital dungeons (the green digital world) for future threats, how much close i am at getting motherfu**ing wargreymon and metalgarurumon?, at this point i know it's obvious, but still i want to know ,is omegamon playable even after we clean "our war game" arc?

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
hey, i've been following this thread, and i would like to ask, if there's at least going to be a translated menu/items patch, i'm at the part where angewomon (or how it is spelled) defeats vamdemon/myotismon, and now i'm getting some levels via digital dungeons (the green digital world) for future threats, how much close i am at getting motherfu**ing wargreymon and metalgarurumon?, at this point i know it's obvious, but still i want to know ,is omegamon playable even after we clean "our war game" arc?

There IS going to be a translated menu/items patch. The thing with all this pages is that basicly there are 2 kind of patches: the one made from a team who know how to make a patch, and the one from the people who is giving out a try (and while the patch may work, it will have it's limitations). The first one is in development and probably will be released when completed. The second one is also in development but there was a first release with just a very few things translated (not worth downloading for main gameplay in my opinion, but it was nice to test if it worked).

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I've noticed that someone on GameFAQs translated all the items, lucky since that seems to be the biggest hurdle for me playing so far. Anyone know which file they're in? Might give this hex-editing lark a bash myself.
Thanks for that one If I find the Items I will try to translate them :)
Nah it won't effect ISO speeds.
However, if you were able to translate the Install Data and make a patch for it, people with UMDs could use it.
Ohh I see!
Thanks for the Information :P
Well I don't know if it is possible to extract DNS files though :/

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that one If I find the Items I will try to translate them :)

Ohh I see!
Thanks for the Information :P
Well I don't know if it is possible to extract DNS files though :/

Yes. However I myself don't know how exactly. I was able to edit one VIA hex but that'd take far too long and too unreliable.

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If you want to find the bgm yourself, download the program Total commander, and just run a search for files with RIFF[random characters]WAVEfmt in there.

It should say something like RIFFHH..WAVEfmt (it varies from at3 to at3). Voices are likely to be in the same format.

Now I've got that program. However I don't know how to perform that kind of search (this program looks harder than it seems to be at 1st sight)

ultima espio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tick the box that says find text, then type WAVEfmt in the white box next to that one.

I should mention that they are in container files, so you'll need a way to extract/reinsert them.

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Tick the box that says find text, then type WAVEfmt in the white box next to that one.

I should mention that they are in container files, so you'll need a way to extract/reinsert them.

Okay, so I searched as you said and these are the files that appeared as a result:

ID03693
ID03703 to ID03742
ID03814
ID03826 to ID03840

So we can say that those files contain audio, right?. Btw, which extension should these ID files have?

So ... any idea on how to extract and/or reinsert them?.

ultima espio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
An old version of the Dissidia modding suite can extract them but can't put them back.

Use this to convert them to wav so you can hear them:
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6172

I found the opening theme in the first archive.

Am I right in guessing that the PMF videos have no sound, and these AT3s just play on top?

Going by that Youtube playlist posted above, in ID03693 we have:

1 - Butter-fly
2 - Aban

And the rest seem to be the original compositions.

ID03703 has 3 voices for Tai (I assume, since he says Agumon...)

Videos:
First set, Digivolving
ID03634 - Koromon digivolving to Agumon
ID03635 - Yokomon digivolving to Biyomon
ID03636 - Motimon digivolving to Tentomon
ID03637 - Tsunomon digivolving to Gabumon
ID03638 - Tokomon digivolving to Patamon
ID03639 - Bukamon digivolving to Gomamon
ID03640 - Tanemon digivolving to Palmon
ID03641 - Agumon digivolving to Greymon
ID03642 - Gabumon Digivolving to Garurumon
ID03643 - Biyomon Digivolving to Birdamon
ID03644 - Tentomon Digivolving to Kabuterimon
ID03645 - Palmon digivolving to Togemon
ID03646 - Gomamon digivolving to Ikkakumon
ID03647 - Patamon digivolving to Angemon
ID03648 - Greymon digivolving to MetalGreymon
ID03649 - Garurumon digivolving to WereGarurumon
ID03650 - Kabuterimon digivolving to Megakabuterimon
ID03651 - Birdramon digivolving to Garudamon
ID03652 - Togemon to Lillymon
ID03653 - Ikkakumon digivolving to Zudomon
ID03654 - Gatomon digivolving to Angewomon
ID03655 - Angemon digivolving to MagnaAngemon
ID03656 - Agumon Warp Digivolving
ID03657 - Gabumon Warp Digivolving
ID03658 - Biyomon Warp Digivolving
ID03659 - Tentomon Warp Digivolving
ID03660 - Palmon Warp Digivolving
ID03661 - Gomamon Warp Digivolving
ID03662 - Patamon Warp Digivolving
ID03663 - Gatomon Warp Digivolving
ID03664 - Rookie digimon digivolving in succession (probably used during the Kuwagamon battle)

Second set, cutscenes
ID03665 - Recieving Digivices and entering Digital world
ID03666 - Tai wakes up
ID03667 - Kuwagamon smashes cliff, Gomamon calls Fishes
ID03668 - Ogremon vs Leomon, Devimon appears
ID03669 - Devimon separates File Island
ID03670 - Devimon absorbs Black Gears
ID03671 - Angemon's sacrifice
ID03672 - Etemon attacks Koromon village
ID03673 - Greymon Dark Digivolves to SkullGreymon
ID03674 - Etemon defeated, Tai and MetalGreymon get sucked into void
ID03675 - Tai returns to the Digital World, leaving Kari behind
ID03676 - Myotismon makes himself known to the Digidestened
ID03677 - Wizardmon's sacrifice
ID03678 - VenomMytotismon
ID03679 - Angemon and Angewomon throw arrows of Hope and Light
ID03680 - Dark Masters make themselves known
ID03681 - Whamon's sacrifice
ID03682 - SaberLeomon's sacrifice
ID03683 - Gate of Destiny sucking in Vilemon
ID03684 - Entering Apocolymon's world
ID03685 - Digivices containing Apocolymon's explosion
ID03686 - Saying goodbye on the Tram
ID03687 - Agumon and Tentomon on the Internet
ID03688 - Greymon digivolving infront of Infermon
ID03689 - Tai and Matt in the Internet
ID03690 - DNA digivolving
ID03691 - Opening

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The ones you said that are broken, are not:
ID03635 is Pyocomon digivolving to Piyomon
ID03637 is Tsunomon digivolving to Gabumon
ID03638 is Tokomon digivolving to Patamon
ID03639 is Pukamon digivolving to Gomamon
ID03640 is Tanemon digivolving to Palmon
ID03641 is Agumon digivolving to Greymon
ID03652 is Togemon digivolving to Lilimon

Gold011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
hey guys, i made a discovery, well, not that big, but i hope this helps, it's about the opening, i found this fandub, which is actually good, so, for the ones who are in the english patch, this is a suggestion, if you want, use this version of digimon adventure's japanese opening being sang in english to replace the one that plays after tai and company are sent to the digital world:

if you're gonna use it, don't forget to credit the creator of video/fandub and if possibly, me XD

Reactions: SuperSZ

Viris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone I wanted to get some advice on how to translate the game:

1) I have extracted the files by ISO

2) I extracted the files without extension from the file cpk

3) I created the file with Gitmo gim and gmo

Now I would like to know if it is possible (I do not care movies etc.)

1) What are the files to translate menus, dialogs, info?

2) How do you open the file gmo and gim?

3) the file to be translated must be translated only through hex editor? or is there another way?

Sorry for the questions but I want to translate this game to play in an acceptable way with my friends: D

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello everyone I wanted to get some advice on how to translate the game:

1) I have extracted the files by ISO

2) I extracted the files without extension from the file cpk

3) I created the file with Gitmo gim and gmo

Now I would like to know if it is possible (I do not care movies etc.)

1) What are the files to translate menus, dialogs, info?

2) How do you open the file gmo and gim?

3) the file to be translated must be translated only through hex editor? or is there another way?

Sorry for the questions but I want to translate this game to play in an acceptable way with my friends: D

I don't know the answers to all of that, but I can tell you that there are already people working on the translation. Two guys are translating via hex editor, but it's not the proper way to do it, however they're showing progress and probably won't take them too long to release what they have done (one of them released the first version of the patch a few days ago, with just a very few things from the menu translated, but at the moment it was important to know if the patch itself worked or not). The other ones are the translation team who are translating in the proper way, but it will take them a while (maybe months). Don't try to ask to the translation team how is the proper way of translating the game because they won't tell you.

I won't say "NO, YOU CAN'T TRANSLATE IT", but I can't help you because I don't know how to translate anything (I just helped here with other stuff).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?