Hacking different sized battery?

j2011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, i've been having trouble saving games on my 3-in-1 ever since i bought it.
All the gba games i've tried load fine, but no matter how i patch them, or which program i use to load them, they don't save.

When i first got it, they used to save sometimes, and other times, the save would either be corrupt, or have dissapeared completely.

I've decided this is a battery problem.
Would it be likely that the battery was running out, and so would save sometimes and not others?

If it is a battery fault, i have a CR2032 battery spare that is also 3V, as is the CR1220 battery used in the 3-in-1.
The batteries are sized differently, but i think i could get the bigger CR2032 to fit in the casing.

Would this battery work at all?
Are there any differences between the 2 batteries, apart from size, and would these affect whether or not it would work?

Any help that can be offered is much appreciated.

j2011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My main problem isn't getting the battery to fit in the shell, since i've taken my 3 in 1 and put it into a gba phat sized shell.

I was just wondering if there was a difference in power output between each battery, and whether or not using a different one would work.

If so, i've looked at the battery guide, and it seems really helpful.

j2011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nevermind, i went out and spent an extortionate £3 on the correct sized battery anyway.

Now, i just hope that the problem i have is battery-related.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...