different sized battery?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by j2011, Aug 10, 2009.

Aug 10, 2009

different sized battery? by j2011 at 8:19 PM (617 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. j2011
    OP

Newcomer j2011 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    So, i've been having trouble saving games on my 3-in-1 ever since i bought it.
    All the gba games i've tried load fine, but no matter how i patch them, or which program i use to load them, they don't save.

When i first got it, they used to save sometimes, and other times, the save would either be corrupt, or have dissapeared completely.

I've decided this is a battery problem.
    Would it be likely that the battery was running out, and so would save sometimes and not others?

If it is a battery fault, i have a CR2032 battery spare that is also 3V, as is the CR1220 battery used in the 3-in-1.
    The batteries are sized differently, but i think i could get the bigger CR2032 to fit in the casing.

Would this battery work at all?
    Are there any differences between the 2 batteries, apart from size, and would these affect whether or not it would work?

Any help that can be offered is much appreciated.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    you can use a bigger battery if you want, your gonna have to destroy most of the shell to do it.

just follow the 3in1 link in my sig, then at the very bottom of the first post follow the link to battery guide.

3. j2011
    OP

United Kingdom
    My main problem isn't getting the battery to fit in the shell, since i've taken my 3 in 1 and put it into a gba phat sized shell.

I was just wondering if there was a difference in power output between each battery, and whether or not using a different one would work.

If so, i've looked at the battery guide, and it seems really helpful.

4. j2011
    OP

United Kingdom
    nevermind, i went out and spent an extortionate £3 on the correct sized battery anyway.

Now, i just hope that the problem i have is battery-related.