teddycow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have just recently bought a crimson/black NDSL from ebay (hongkong), but got very disapointed as soon as I get it. It was miscoloured (some of the colour had faded away), the stylus was made of soft rubber and very hard to take out, the touch screen had some dead pixals, shitty buttons etc. (No real point returning it, the delivery cost would be higher than the refund)
So I did some investigation to whether it was a fake or not, by comparing the bottom (Nintedo's trademark etc) with other DSL, and got really confused in the process, found 4 different bottom labels, where all claimed to be real. Could anyone confirm which is the real Nintendo bottom label (shell)?

1:
Nintendo_DS_lite_bottom_cc.jpg

2:
2005744339593295478_rs.jpg

3:
2005773442859301101_rs.jpg

4:
2005721913738090167_rs.jpg

thanks

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Dunno about first pic but I have DSs that have cases like the last three.
2.) Japanese version.
3.) US version.
4.) Hong Kong version.

EDIT:
Confirmed from a friend that 1st pic is European version.
EDIT 2:
There's another version but can't take a pic right now. It's the Asian version. Says USG-ASI and comes with a 220v adapter.

teddycow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
2.) Japanese version.
3.) US version.
4.) Hong Kong version.

EDIT:

I see, thanks Orc.
But is that where they are manufactured or where they are sold?
Should there be any quality difference?
From your information, it seems I have a US version (though it was bought from HK), and the quality definitely doesnt stand up to Nintendo's standard.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
2.) Japanese version.
3.) US version.
4.) Hong Kong version.

EDIT:

I see, thanks Orc.
But is that where they are manufactured or where they are sold?
Should there be any quality difference?
From your information, it seems I have a US version (though it was bought from HK), and the quality definitely doesnt stand up to Nintendo's standard.

I think the first batches of the white US ones were kinda crappily made (lol) with the broken hinges thing and stuff. My US version is an Onyx black one and it looks pretty much okay. The Asian and Hong Kong versions look just like the Japanese versions (same color selection too).

EDIT:
btw, just noticed that the pic you provided for the Japanese version looks kinda weird. uses a different screw for the battery cover and the serial number sticker is waaay different. No tiny hole too to the left of the Slot-1 label. Looks kinda fishy lol.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've NEVER seen the very first one, ive only ever seen ones where it only says "Slot-2" once in the dead center, are you sure the top one isn't a 3rd party replacement case?

my black DS Lite from europe looks a lot like #1 but doesn't have Slot - 2 wrote on it 3 times, only once .... but otherwise it looks kinda close still not the same, matter of fact it doesnt look like any of the 4 i wish i had a good digital camera i've only got a crappy cell phone camera... my crimson and black DS lite looks like #3 spot on.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
my black DS Lite from europe looks a lot like #1 but doesn't have Slot - 2 wrote on it 3 times, only once .... but otherwise it looks kinda close still not the same
Here we go, one out-of-focus European black Lite:
uk-black.jpg

I think this's going nowhere, there's just too many! (and did anyone notice that "nintendo" is written backwards on label 1?)

teddycow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
my black DS Lite from europe looks a lot like #1 but doesn't have Slot - 2 wrote on it 3 times, only once .... but otherwise it looks kinda close still not the sameHere we go, one out-of-focus European black Lite:
uk-black.jpg

I think this's going nowhere, there's just too many! (and did anyone notice that "nintendo" is written backwards on label 1?)

Omg, it actually does xD Maybe picture 1 is fake... though it looks very similar to yours
Could we have some more japanese version pictures?
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots