Differences between DSL models

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by gumbyx84, Mar 28, 2011.

Mar 28, 2011
  1. gumbyx84
    OP

Member gumbyx84 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Does anyone know if there is any differences between different models of the DSL? By models I mean the different colors and special editions. In particular, the golden Zelda DSL that came with Phantom Hourglass compared to the Cobalt Blue & Black DSL. I'm looking into getting a "new" DSL to replace my old one (planning on giving it to my younger brother) and would like to get the Zelda DSL or one of the other special editions.

Thanks ahead of time to anyone who can answer this odd question.

Edit: Also, is there a color temperature difference between DSL models? I threw White into my DSL to play while my XL was charging and noticed that it seems cooler (blueish tint) than my XL.

2. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    They are nothing but cheap plastic cases. There is no difference between any model of the lite, just the color of the plastic.

3. gumbyx84
    OP

United States
    Ah ok. Wasn't sure if there was a difference like between the early and later SP models.

4. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    actually, there's differences but to the end-user those are of practically no significance.
    the installed firmware may differ, but only a few old pass devices had problems with newer firmwares i think.
    and there are different manufacturers for the screen(whoever is cheapest at the time it was made) so the screen might be a bit more or less bright than those of a different DSlite.
    for the screens it's impossible to know what you get, and firmware doesn't really matter.

5. gumbyx84
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the heads up thedicemaster. I had a feeling if there was a difference, it would be the screen. Like I said, my current DSL has a cooler color temp than any others I've owned or seen. I guess I'll just have to test my luck.