Hacking Difference between snes9X and snes9GX for Wii ??

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4LTJ said:
So, what exatly is the difference (the ones for the Wii), and which is the better one ??

Last I tested both they seemed the same, except the GX version did NOT have wiimote/classic controller support.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
lol, there are all the same except for some minor differences in wiimote support and sdcard/sram features, 98% of the emulator code (the part that has been coded by the REAL authors and porters) is still the same

don't get fooled by the name as it was always snes9xgx since the first day softdev released it, some people are just so lazy they don't even copy the name properly when making their own builds
rolleyes.gif

deadrabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
4LTJ said:
So, what exatly is the difference (the ones for the Wii), and which is the better one ??

I understand the GX means that the program runs using the GPU freeing up the CPU. IE Quake GX runs under the GPU ans 'hardware accelerated'.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The latest version for wii is Snes9X 3.1 by LoPsT
it's pretty cool. It has wiimote & classic controller support, save states, auto sram, return to hbc/wiimenu

ArAcHnId

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hey question, can you use it with an sd card?
i mean play right of the sd card, meaning no homebrew channel or anything

Soulshifter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of the SNES9X emus I use can load my Front SD Card. What gives? They always say Error Mounting SD Card. Genplus, FCEU, and VBA all work though.

samsam12

Test
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Soulshifter said:
None of the SNES9X emus I use can load my Front SD Card. What gives? They always say Error Mounting SD Card. Genplus, FCEU, and VBA all work though.

get v3.1 by LoPsT

or, get the channel in the Custom Channels Thread.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Soulshifter said:

get the last official one (without wiimote support though)
the lopst version still need sdcard formatted as FAT16 (or simple FAT) and can have some problems with certain sdcard (often when using small capaccity ones) because it does not use libfat from libogc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can