Hacking Difference betweeb DisxEx and GCReEx?

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using DIOS MIOS along with USB Loader GX for quite a while now and so far I'm absolutely loving it. But I noticed that loading times in games were strangely slow compared that they were being loaded through USB. I used to either convert games with DiscEx or copy the games straight to HDD via the add game button on USB Loader GX but I decided to try using the GCReEx method once using this tool and I noticed that loading times were infinitely superior. I know DisxEx is the format needed to load the games with Neek+DI. I may have not been paying attention but on most threads people advise using DiscEx and I've never really seen anyone go into detail if there are any notable differences between DiscEx and GCReEx. So I'm wondering weather or not it's the format that is making loading times faster or some option such as 32k align etc.

edit: sorry about the typo in the thread title.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe one is a disc image and one is an extracted iso, as far as how Dios Mios works, with a Discex image the porogram has to search the whole image to find each piece of relevant data to load, with a GCReEx the files are already extracted and ready to go

Reactions: 1 person

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe one is a disc image and one is an extracted iso, as far as how Dios Mios works, with a Discex image the porogram has to search the whole image to find each piece of relevant data to load, with a GCReEx the files are already extracted and ready to go
Thanks for the info! Are there any disadvantages of using GCReEx?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I believe GCReEX cannot be compressed so it takes up more space on your storage unit

PureMagic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Lower compatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel