Hacking Did your included card reader work?

Did your included card reader work?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Briefly, Then Stopped

• Works sometimes, Doesn't Work Other Times

• Total voters

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mine works fine as well. It almost fell apart pulling it out of the usb port once, but once I clicked it all back together it's seemed more solid and hasn't felt like it's coming apart since.

Also I use a USB 1.1 port rather than a 2.0, the write speeds are slower but after hearing the stories of it overheating I thought it might be a safer bet!

That's an interesting point. I wonder if using USB 2.0 might be part of the problem. I've been using 1.1 with no problems. I wonder if the guy whose card caught fire was using USB 2.0 at the time.

xiaobao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
well, mine worked.... but mine dropped on a carpet floor(yes! a carpet floor which should absorb the shock of the impact more) and the shell came apart.... it have not failed me yet

eyemessiah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine sort of worked, a bit. It seemed fine browsing the SD, but when I tried to copy stuff over it took forever and said "59 minutes left..." and just generally acted crazy, so I haven't tried it since for fear of file corruption.

Nocturno

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
I bought 3 R4 and none of the readers seem to work, windows doesn´t recognize any of them, and they become very hot after a couple of seconds..

digital_sin

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
it might be your PSU. this happend to me before; when i use my flash memory on my PC it works just fine and i can leave it there for like an hour without it getting hot, but when i put my it in my friends computer (generic POS power supply) it gets hot after like 1 min. some psu are extremely unstable and provide voltage/current output not even close to the recommended range.

hmvh1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine works, but I've been ftping everything lately.

Hey Rope, how do you FTP stuff? And what is the transfer rate like?

personally, i find the transfer speeds super slow making the dsftp totally useless - unless you are editing text files.
wink2.gif

Dazimus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've noticed I have problems getting the reader to work on my PC's USB 2.0 ports and my Dad's USB 2.0 ports ... but when I tried it on my girlfriends older USB 1 port, it worked perfectly! Detected straight away and didn't have no problems losing the connection to it either. Very odd!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica