Did you guys know that electric fans tend to kill koreans if left on overnight?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually had a roommate while living in Marugame (a small city on Shikoku) who honestly believed that having a fan on was a major detriment to your health. So, it was the middle of June back in 2006, we didn't have the AC on or the fan, it was 75 degrees with 80% humidity. Boy that was fun! I tried to tell my Japanese roommate that it wasn't bad at all since I grew up running fans all night long. He didn't believe me and I'm sure he wouldn't believe me if I told him on Facebook. Oh well :rofl2:

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually had a roommate while living in Marugame (a small city on Shikoku) who honestly believed that having a fan on was a major detriment to your health. So, it was the middle of June back in 2006, we didn't have the AC on or the fan, it was 75 degrees with 80% humidity. Boy that was fun! I tried to tell my Japanese roommate that it wasn't bad at all since I grew up running fans all night long. He didn't believe me and I'm sure he wouldn't believe me if I told him on Facebook. Oh well :rofl2:

I feel bad for you (and your friend) now.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel bad for you (and your friend) now.

I knew it was a myth way back then, but I had no info on hand to prove him wrong. Maybe I if I linked the Japanese Wikipedia page for it, he'd believe me. Oh well, that was a long time ago. But sleeping in a small apartment, in a Summer in Japan, all without cooling....yeah, that was one helluva month :P Maybe fans are Kim Jong Un's Achilles heel.

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew it was a myth way back then, but I had no info on hand to prove him wrong. Maybe I if I linked the Japanese Wikipedia page for it, he'd believe me. Oh well, that was a long time ago. But sleeping in a small apartment, in a Summer in Japan, all without cooling....yeah, that was one helluva month :P Maybe fans are Kim Jong Un's Achilles heel.

if i was you, during Halloween id be a fan and scare him

Reactions: the_randomizer

Enchilada

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Become_4e904d_2428724.jpg

Korean people's nightmare.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat