Hacking Did my DSI Firmware Update? Can't use acekard 2i anymore...

nikochanr3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i have been using an acekard 2i for a bit now with no problems. The other day, my wife saw GTA chinatown wars out early and bought it for me. I have been playing it since last Wednesday. Today, i downloaded Pokemon platinum and put in my acekard for the first time since getting GTA, and it crashed, then tried to load Pokemon (loaded it with a blank screen and then crashed). After that, my DSI no longer sees the Acekard.

Did Pokemon or GTA crash my DSI? Specifically, did i accidentally do a firmware update do you think? Anyone else have this, or a way to fix it? Basically my DSI is fine, but I can't use the card.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, it's not the card!
On DS Lites, the contacts sometimes don't touch those of the flashcard. (This is with ALL flashcards.)

Azadar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Had something similar happen to me the other day I just deleted the _AIO and .NDS for acker and reinstalled them both with the new PROPER and it worked fine. Try this?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if you are using a version before 1.4.1 of akaio your optionlist.bin is probably corrupt. delete the _aoi and akmenu4.nds and then upgrade. if you are using the official i can't comment, it's inferior so i haven't messed with it at all. the dsi functionality is very easy to brick. a few options which should not run in either firmware can cause this. this is why acekard recommeds you use at least v1.3 final of akaio or 4.12 of the official.

when in doubt run the panasonic formatter, format the sd and try again.

goodluck!

-another world

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
nikochanr3 said:
No, it does not it. I checked it on my DS lite after you posted this, and it does not.
The acekard 2i works with all ds's. You probably have a bad card that's why yours doesn't work. Sometimes you just need to think and search instead of giving false info.
rolleyes.gif

random2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this issue as well. I have been able to do quite a bit of playing before I had this occour to me. It occurred after playing Chinatown wars, and soft resetting(power button to return to dsi menu). Now my DSI does not see my acekard2i. If I close the lid and open, it eventuallly picks up that my card is in the slot. However if I try to load it, a Nintendo error appears.

I tried reloading the software, it did not fix the issue.

I have not had a chance to try my card in a regular DSL yet to test functionality there. I think chinatown wars could be the trigger here.

Edit: David432111: He means that his card does not have functionality in his DSLite, not that the Acekard2i dosent work in other DS's at all.

Edit2: I noticed it seems he played the legitimate GTA. Mine was not. So GTA isnt the trigger, but something is causing the cards to go bad.(maybe just shitty cards)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
random2 said:
Edit: David432111: He means that his card does not have functionality in his DSLite, not that the Acekard2i dosent work in other DS's at all.

which means the ak2i doesn't work on other ds's at all!

the ak2i was rushed to market. the #1 complaint is the contact issue. get in touch with the retailer and ask for a replacement.

-another world

spinergy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet another reason to not always rush out and buy the first thing you see. I've been hearing alot of complaints lately concerning brickd AK2i's.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
being first to market with a quick hack will bring in the money but at the loss of a tested quality product. i've always pushed acekards on people who want a good flash kit, good support, good firmware. but i can't recommend the ak2i until they fix the contact issue, the msd problems, etc.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Martiin said:
well, i hope my warranty lasts

acekard will hold true to the warranty for a year, even if your retailer won't. don't worry about that =). the problem now seems to be getting them via e-mail. they have been spending a lot of time offline, with no explination. could it be ak3 is in development? =P

-another world

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
Martiin said:
well, i hope my warranty lasts

acekard will hold true to the warranty for a year, even if your retailer won't. don't worry about that =). the problem now seems to be getting them via e-mail. they have been spending a lot of time offline, with no explination. could it be ak3 is in development? =P

-another world

Or they've been getting hammered with so many faulty AK2i complaints and are losing their ass on replacements they stopped acknowledging any EM's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL