jeffro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.fakegaming.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
Definetly a fake. You can change your item on the website as they won't ship it yet.

Get a acekard or a edge
smile.gif

truckinusa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jeffro said:
Definetly a fake. You can change your item on the website as they won't ship it yet.

Get a acekard or a edge
smile.gif
whats the difference? Is one a fake or a clone? Is a 2gb sandisk card good enough? Thats what I have right now.

dewback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any of the R4 are not made by the original R4 team. Due to Nintendo going after R4 they disappeared and no longer updating the card.

truckinusa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dewback said:
any of the R4 are not made by the original R4 team. Due to Nintendo going after R4 they disappeared and no longer updating the card.
I had read that, but I was under the impression that the fakes were updated? I guess the Acekard or the Edge is updated? Is one a clone? I'm looking for 2 of something. My brother has a DS also. Trying to keep the price per card under $30. Maybe the cyclods is really worth the $50 though?

TomMannCenturia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would go for Edge or Acekard 2 as well.

The Acekard is, I think, the Acekard RPG without inbuilt flash memory and the Edge is a clone of CycloDS.

I personally prefer the Edge but the Acekard is more tweakable I think. People with more knowledge than me thinks the extra bits and pieces with the Acekard are worth it.

truckinusa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darnoc said:
get a acekard 2 there a buck more then that r4 ds and its wayy better
I've been watching the videos on youtube and the Cyclods is way faster than the R4. Is the Acekard 2 similar in speed? I know the slowness will annoy me.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R4 official firmware updates I think have gone, although we haven't needed any so far since 1.18... But if I do hit a game needing new firmware I'll just move to YSMenu wwhich is happily still getting firmware updates. I don't know if you're happy with the price, and everything you may as well stick to you're R4 because after all, it plays games which is what Flashcarts are supposed to do (even though on the packaging it says homebrew)

blanco613

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its definetly a fake and yes you will be dissapointed

I have a "legit r4ds and it was great until i learned more about flash cards and all the cool stuff they can do. the first problem with my r4 was it could only hold 2gb. so i only had 4 games on at a time and about to songs and a few homebrew apps that was it then later i found out the r4ds dosen't get updated anymore which suks so about 2 weeks ago i spent the 50$ and got myself a cyclo ds evolution i have a 4gb sdhc card in it. it has over 35 ds games, and 220 songs! plus a ton of homebrew apps more than i could ever put on my r4ds and i actually have ironman the movie the whole movie. plus it has a ton of more features like the in game menu and much more that i can't get into right now but it is the best flashcard out there.

o and about your flashcard . . .
yours isn't made by the r4 team
i think that the clone r4ds is sdhc memory card compatible so it can hold up to 32 gb. but if all your looking for is to play nds games and have pretty much no other features (which you will probobly later TRUST ME) then the clone should be fine.

in my opinion don't get the r4 clone and also don't get the edge card many people say its a knock off cyclo (but its not a clone or fake)

if you were to get another flash card i would go with either an acekard 2 (or 2i if you were thinking of getting the dsi) or the cyclods evolution

truckinusa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blanco613 said:
its definetly a fake and yes you will be dissapointed

I have a "legit r4ds and it was great until i learned more about flash cards and all the cool stuff they can do. the first problem with my r4 was it could only hold 2gb. so i only had 4 games on at a time and about to songs and a few homebrew apps that was it then later i found out the r4ds dosen't get updated anymore which suks so about 2 weeks ago i spent the 50$ and got myself a cyclo ds evolution i have a 4gb sdhc card in it. it has over 35 ds games, and 220 songs! plus a ton of homebrew apps more than i could ever put on my r4ds and i actually have ironman the movie the whole movie. plus it has a ton of more features like the in game menu and much more that i can't get into right now but it is the best flashcard out there.

o and about your flashcard . . .
yours isn't made by the r4 team
i think that the clone r4ds is sdhc memory card compatible so it can hold up to 32 gb. but if all your looking for is to play nds games and have pretty much no other features (which you will probobly later TRUST ME) then the clone should be fine.

in my opinion don't get the r4 clone and also don't get the edge card many people say its a knock off cyclo (but its not a clone or fake)

if you were to get another flash card i would go with either an acekard 2 (or 2i if you were thinking of getting the dsi) or the cyclods evolution
I ordered two Acekard 2's. My brother and I have DS Lites.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blanco613 said:
the first problem with my r4 was it could only hold 2gb. so i only had 4 games on at a time and about to songs and a few homebrew apps
four games?

my legit r4 has about 30 games on it. with a 4 GB card, i could probably throw 70 or more onto it.

i don't regret my r4 purchase as it was the king of the hill back when i bought it.

meateater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blanco613 said:
the first problem with my r4 was it could only hold 2gb. so i only had 4 games on at a time and about to songs and a few homebrew apps that was it
I pumped about 20+ games on my niece's 2GB R4. You're underselling it quite a bit there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdXfFsgvkE