dude1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i bought a ds lite from ebgames and i noticed that there is no thumb stylus why?
then i read a review and it mentioned the ds lite didnt come with a thumb stylus but it did come with a extra stylus
mine did not come with a spare did i get ripped off or does it not usually come with a spare stylus

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends, if you bought it used, they don't have to give you anything else but the ds charger and 1 stylus. If you bought it new, be sure to check your packaging thorougly before going up to EB games and telling them you didn't recieve an extra.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSLite only comes with the stick stylus, two of them when new, they quit with the thumb stylus "shoe" as it was causing screens to get scratched apparantly due to rubbing/mashing that plastic on plastic if anything (even small dust bits) were on the screen. At least that's what Nintendo was saying they complaining was about so they ditched it.

dude1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
that sucks somehow on my new ds i got one stick stylus
and there is no thumb stylus included in any ds lites
that sucks

regardless thanks for the help

Darkspark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Question.
Why is there always one person on these type of threads that always says a generic answer with the impression the ds lite comes with a thumbstrap?
If you dont know, dont post as if you know.
Research first!

GBAer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You dont get a spare stylus with some ds lite's, I bought 2 the other day, one came with a spare and the other one didnt. Plus the bottom screen on one of them is a horrible shade of yellow when it should be white, which really pisses me off.

chooch81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You dont get a spare stylus with some ds lite's, I bought 2 the other day, one came with a spare and the other one didnt. Plus the bottom screen on one of them is a horrible shade of yellow when it should be white, which really pisses me off.

The yellowness is extra scratch protection. Makes the screen less likely to scrape. My first White DS from Japan didnt have it but my black one does.

GBAer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The yellowness is extra scratch protection. Makes the screen less likely to scrape. My first White DS from Japan didnt have it but my black one does.

Its a bit strange that one of the DS's doesnt have a yellowish bottom screen and the other one does, considering they both came from the same batch.

Jinny

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Plus the bottom screen on one of them is a horrible shade of yellow when it should be white, which really pisses me off.
My touch screen looks yellowish too, but I don't know if it's the screen itself or the screen protector. I applied the protectors immediately after opening and I forgot to check the screen first.

chooch81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

Its a bit strange that one of the DS's doesnt have a yellowish bottom screen and the other one does, considering they both came from the same batch.

Not the same batch - first one jap import in April, second one UK black one last week!

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Same here, my first white Jap import didn't have a yellow touch screen but my new black one does from Game UK.

It's only really noticeable when both screens are displaying the same thing. I use the bottom screen for gba mode and I hardly notice it it's just because the top screen is so white. I even took my black DS lite back and got another one because I thought it was a fault but my new one was the same. It isn't noticeable when in a well lit room but when i play in a dim or dark room it is easy to see when on the warning screen.

I flashed my DS Lite and now I don't see the warning screen when i turn it on and thus I don't see the yellow tint
biggrin.gif

GBAer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Not the same batch - first one jap import in April, second one UK black one last week!

I was talking about my two, which I both bought at the same time, which means that they must have came from the same batch, which also makes me think that the yellowish tint has nothing to do with any extra protection, its just an annoyance.

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
hmm thats really weird since i got a thumb strap with my lite from japan

edited: i just took a look at it and noticed it's just a straå and not a thumb strap aka it doesn't have that plastic thingy

chooch81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

I was talking about my two, which I both bought at the same time, which means that they must have came from the same batch, which also makes me think that the yellowish tint has nothing to do with any extra protection, its just an annoyance.

No just cause you bought them at the same time doesnt mean its from the same batch. It is screen protection. The screen even feels grittier with the yellow tint than the one without does.

What do you think it is? pissed stained?
ohmy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Can you just edit the save file on a PC?