Hacking Did I do something wrong?

jowan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I softmoded my Wii a few days ago (Black Wii 4.3U) and installed the HBC and have the Ultimate USB Loader and the last verison of the CFG, installed Hermes cIOS last version and Waninkokos cIOSX rev21 base 58, I use a Sandisk USB 8gb and some games run well such as NSMW, SMAS and Bleach Versus Crusade, but when I try to play games like Resident Evil 4, RE0, RE UC and TLOZ TP, I just get a black screen and my Wiimote shuts down and the Wii freezes and I can't do anything else but to unplug it.

Can anyone tell me what to do? Any suggestions which configuration should I use?
If this helps, here is a sysCheck I did today..nothing has changed since then..
Before I used the WBFS Manager 3.0 the USB was NTFS..I'm not sure of this...but I noticed that the only games that work (the four mentioned before) are games under 1gb...could that be the problem?

sysCheck GX v1.0.0 by Erik Spyder

sysCheck GX is running under IOS58 (rev 6176).

CODEConsole ID: 132793991.
Region: NTSC-U.
Hollywood v0x21.
Boot2 v4.
System Menu v513 (4.3U).

BC v6.
MIOS v65535.

Found 102 titles.
Found 53 IOS and 6 IOS Stubs on this console.

Priiloader is installed.

IOS 3 (rev 65280): Stub

IOS 4 (rev 65280): Stub

IOS 9 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS 10 (rev 768): Stub

IOS 11 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS 12 (rev 526)

IOS 13 (rev 1032)

IOS 14 (rev 1032)

IOS 15 (rev 1032)

IOS 16 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, FLASH Access, NAND Access

IOS 17 (rev 1032)

IOS 20 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS 21 (rev 1039)

IOS 22 (rev 1294)

IOS 28 (rev 1807)

IOS 30 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS 31 (rev 3608)

IOS 33 (rev 3608)

IOS 34 (rev 3608)

IOS 35 (rev 3608)

IOS 36 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS 37 (rev 5663)

IOS 38 (rev 4124)

IOS 40 (rev 3072): Stub

IOS 41 (rev 3607)

IOS 43 (rev 3607)

IOS 45 (rev 3607)

IOS 46 (rev 3607)

IOS 48 (rev 4124)

IOS 50 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS 51 (rev 4864): Stub

IOS 52 (rev 5888): Stub

IOS 53 (rev 5663)

IOS 55 (rev 5663)

IOS 56 (rev 5662)

IOS 57 (rev 5919)

IOS 58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0

IOS 60 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS 61 (rev 5662)

IOS 70 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS 80 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS 90 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS200 (rev 21): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS223 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS225 (rev 21): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS226 (rev 21): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS227 (rev 21): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS229 (rev 21): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS230 (rev 21): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS231 (rev 21): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS236 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS247 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS248 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS249 (rev 21): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access

IOS254 (rev 65281)

Report generated on 2011-01-20.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Why have you got so many fake signed standard ios'?
I reckon that may have something to do with it.
With usb loading and the standard hermes/waninkoko there is no reason for any ios under 200 to have fake signing privelages

jowan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So what should I do? Should I download the original IOSs via NUS Downloader and install them with the Wad Manager? Or would that brick my Wii?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would get them with Modmii. Just go to Download page 1 and type"I" to select all active IOSs, then "D" to download them. Then use Multi-Mod-Manager to install them (because then you can install them all in one go with the batch install)

I would also use IOS 249 with IOS56 as a base, instead of IOS58

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Donkey Plonk said:
Why have you got so many fake signed standard ios'?
I reckon that may have something to do with it.
With usb loading and the standard hermes/waninkoko there is no reason for any ios under 200 to have fake signing privelages

Thos fakesigned ios he has are for protection in case os a accitendtial downgrade/ upgrade.
They will survive official updates.
It has nothing to do with his problem.

except for the 200,255,226,227,228,229,230 etc they are not the usual slots.
But they can be used by the New USB loader GX. It's just prefrence.

Also if you want to use wanikoko's Cios' use 56 as your base ios.
For black ops use a slot with base 57.

So basicly you would oly need 2 slots: 1 with base 56 and another with base 57.
These slots can be picked to load with in the various USB loaders.

jowan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Ok, then the other cIOS are not the problem...I just don't know much about this...(I just followed a guide I found in the internet)...now sorry for this n00bish question (please don't attack me with insults and stuff like that) How do I change the cIOS that these games run?...And other question...There are some slots I used because I thought that if I installed the cIOSx with all the bases in different slots, all games would run...but then, does that mean that everytime I want a specific game to run, should I reinstall the cIOS with a different base?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jowan said:
Ok, then the other cIOS are not the problem...I just don't know much about this...(I just followed a guide I found in the internet)...now sorry for this n00bish question (please don't attack me with insults and stuff like that) How do I change the cIOS that these games run?...And other question...There are some slots I used because I thought that if I installed the cIOSx with all the bases in different slots, all games would run...but then, does that mean that everytime I want a specific game to run, should I reinstall the cIOS with a different base?

When loading games from USB you can only use one slot at a time.
Installing Cios with different base in different sots can have compatibility advantages.

For instance:

If you have cios base 56 installed in slot 249 , and cios base 57 in slot 248.
In your usb loader you can choose with slot you want to use to load your game.
This can be game specific. avery game has it's own setting.

As a rule base 56 gives the highest compatibilty.
And is neede for instrument games and Monter hunter tri.
It also load all other games except the your shape game and the known problem games that cannot be loaded from USB.

Slot 249 is commonly seen as the standard slot for loading games but in the last few revisions of the cios slot can be chosen.
So you can choose wichslot you want use. It's up to you to remember whats in the slots ( the base ios used ).

So no need to install different base cios every time you want to play a game that benifits from a specific ios base. .
You can choose them from the loader. just make a list of what base you have used in wich slot number.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hielkenator said:
Thos fakesigned ios he has are for protection in case os a accitendtial downgrade/ upgrade.
OK, this is why I asked this. I don't use modmii or anything like that, I'm an old school modder, done it from the start and so always do each thing seperate so I don't know what stuff modmii installs.

QUOTEexcept for the 200,255,226,227,228,229,230 etc they are not the usual slots.

Why is it people use base56 anymore? Since I got back into the scene I have been able to run everything I have booted absoloutly fine from base57. There is the odd game that doesn't boot that I just use hermes 222 like Goldeneye and Worms which needs 223.
Just seen you mention Monster Hunter Tri. This seems to boot for me fine from base57. I did notice there was a small border on the right hand side unlike any other game but that was the only difference.

That being said, the OP's setup should have still worked fine being based off of 58 like he did shouldn't it?

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Donkey Plonk said:
Why is it people use base56 anymore?
That being said, the OP's setup should have still worked fine being based off of 58 like he did shouldn't it?
cIOSx base56 is still preferred over base 57 because with rev21, USB2 performance is similar with both, but some still find that more games run more stably with base56. I for one have found playing certain games like Harry Potter: Years 1-4 to be glitchy when using base57, but not when using base56. As a result, I use rev21 249[56] for most and 250[57] for CoD:BO.

jowan, your issue is using cIOSx base58. Support for base58 is new and should be considered experimental. Stick with what Hielkenator mentions in his post. Base56 should work for almost all of your games, and for the few games that don't work, just do a quick search to see what cIOSx base is recommended for that game specifically.

-[]D

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
PPSainity said:
your issue is using cIOSx base58. Support for base58 is new and should be considered experimental.
Actually now that you mention it I remember something in the wiiflow notes or q's about that. Good point and nice to know for future

jowan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Donkey Plonk said:
PPSainity said:
your issue is using cIOSx base58. Support for base58 is new and should be considered experimental.
Actually now that you mention it I remember something in the wiiflow notes or q's about that. Good point and nice to know for future

Hmm ok I'll try that, right now I'm installing cIOSx with dirferent bases overwritting the other ones (I don't remember what is installed there) anyways...I'll try that and then I'll tell how was it. Thank you everyone!

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Donkey Plonk said:
Hielkenator said:
OK, this is why I asked this. I don't use modmii or anything like that, I'm an old school modder, done it from the start and so always do each thing seperate so I don't know what stuff modmii installs.

QUOTEexcept for the 200,255,226,227,228,229,230 etc they are not the usual slots.

Why is it people use base56 anymore? Since I got back into the scene I have been able to run everything I have booted absoloutly fine from base57. There is the odd game that doesn't boot that I just use hermes 222 like Goldeneye and Worms which needs 223.
Just seen you mention Monster Hunter Tri. This seems to boot for me fine from base57. I did notice there was a small border on the right hand side unlike any other game but that was the only difference.

Monster hunter tri will not even get you in the game. It won't run wth base 57. It locks up.

Also, you mention 222 and 223. It says nothing. Because for those slot numbers you can choose a different base ios too.
It depends on what base you've used to install the cios. Commonly 223 would have 37/38 as a base. This is ideal for instrument games and monster hunter tri.
222 would commonly have base 38, 224 commonly is installed with base 57.

These are know as the "Hermes' slots" as the cios made by Hermes are installed in those slots.
Black Ops NEEDS a cios installed in ANY slot of YOUR pick, based on ios 57.

Monster Hunter Tri Only works with a base ios that is 100% compatible with music games.

As mentioned before, ios 58 as base is experimental. So far there is only one game that specifically needs it as a retail game. It's "your shape-with 3d camera" and comes with the disc update. Nintendo put it int 4.3 update to complement the official ios list. It's the first official ios to have a USB 2.0 module in it.

In my setup I only use The Hermes cios. I just bought a new HD and it's incompatible with the 20+ rev of Wanins' Ciosx.
Instead of reverting back to Wanins cios rev 19 ( wich is compatible with my drive ) , I use Hermes 'Cios.

My loader is initialized with Hermes Cios 5.1 based on ios 57, installed in slot 224.
The only game I have that need a different base is MH tri.
For that game I change the settings individualy. I use Hermes Cios v4 base 37-38, installed in slot 223, for that game.

So even if I have all these filled up slots. I only use 2 to load all my games. Using modmii to download the various cios preconfigurated Cios in .wad files. and installing with wad manager, makes life SO much easier. You'll have the most versatile setup using this method.

Just make note of what base you've used in wich slot. It's easy.

jowan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well, this is what I did,

IOS: Base:
cIOS202 - IOS60
cIOS222 - IOS38
cIOS223 - IOS37
cIOS224 - IOS57

And also installed Waninkoko's with every single IOS available in different slots so I can change them when I need, and so far, I have tested Resident Evil 4 with IOS56, IOS55 and IOS36 and still get the same results...I'll try using a Hermes

jowan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thanks everyone, problem (partially) solved, I downloaded Wiiflow and now all the games seem to work, except for RE4, I think the ISO is corrupted or something, I'll try the Wiimm's tool, thanks PPSanity for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips