Hacking Did i catch a unpatched version?

master4life

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know that most of you guys hates this kind of question, but I still have the chances to return the device back to the retail store.

I purchased a refrusbished Switch with S/N: XAJ4004788XX with the hope it will be unpatched. I heard if those are delivered with the Firmware 4.1 - they are litteraly patched. Without the necessary tools such as USB C and a Joycon jig there are no possibility for me to test it out yet. It was updated to 6.0.0 . Does anyone of you have the same model as mine or heard of it?

There are no real answers so far. I have to ask before its too late in my case.

anothertemper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XAJ4004700X and above not safe to buy, possibly patched according to the thread here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/

Same thread has an XAJ40049 confirmed to be unpatched, so you might be in luck. If Nintendo refurbed the console they may have patched the exploit, though. No real way to know for sure until you test it. Fastest way to get what you need without wasting money is to buy a Pro controller if you intend to use one (comes with a USB C cable) and make a paperclip jig.

Reactions: Mythical

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it's a guessing game. If you can't open it and return it I wouldn't take the risk and just return it and try to get a model that is 100% unpatched. If you can open it try it and return it if it doesn't work, try it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

XAJ4004700X and above not safe to buy, possibly patched according to the thread here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/

Same thread has an XAJ40049 confirmed to be unpatched, so you might be in luck. If Nintendo refurbed the console they may have patched the exploit, though. No real way to know for sure until you test it. Fastest way to get what you need without wasting money is to buy a Pro controller if you intend to use one (comes with a USB C cable) and make a paperclip jig.

What are Pro controllers $50? If he needs one sure, but if he doesn't it absolutely is wasting money. You can get a usb c cable for like $7 at any store that has computers/phones.

master4life

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah it's a guessing game. If you can't open it and return it I wouldn't take the risk and just return it and try to get a model that is 100% unpatched. If you can open it try it and return it if it doesn't work, try it.

What are Pro controllers $50? If he needs one sure, but if he doesn't it absolutely is wasting money. You can get a usb c cable for like $7 at any store that has computers/phones.

I ordered a usb-c adapter even cheaper, also a Joycon Jig. But they will need few days for coming. But i should litteraly decides it now, otherwise i cant return it any more and btw the retail shop refrusbished the console. May thats was the reason for the previous owner to return the console was not wble to patch it.

Last edited by master4life,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Up to you, I'd be patient and send it back now and get another one. Would suck to get stuck with one that can't use CFW at all and there's no telling how long it could be before patched consoles can use CFW. Could be months or years it's anybody's guess.

master4life

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Up to you, I'd be patient and send it back now and get another one. Would suck to get stuck with one that can't use CFW at all and there's no telling how long it could be before patched consoles can use CFW. Could be months or years it's anybody's guess.
Therefore is it then still be possible to find those rare old consoles anymore?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Therefore is it then still be possible to find those rare old consoles anymore?

Rare old consoles? Switchs made before July of this year were unpatched, about 5 months ago. It's very possible to find them.

On the other hand you could keep the one you have try it with your jig and cable if it doesn't work sell it on your own and buy another one. It's really your call.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can find possibly unpatched Switch at Walmart in my area with XAW100734, so Walmart seems have mix of old and new Switch.

California and NYC likely to have patched Switch than southeastern and midwestern states.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worst case return to be safe. You can go to some stores and ask them to see if they have one if they're not busy. I found one at a gamestop recently brand new. There's also selling thread for switches to but I can't seem to find it

Last edited by Mythical,

anothertemper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Probably more than that. That's why I specified "wasting" rather than spending. No need to buy a separate cable if you were going to buy a Pro controller anyway.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't care about saving money you can get a guaranteed, brand new hackable switch on Ebay for $375

Doesn't look like he's in U.S.

Although he could probably find one that ships international.

Probably more than that. That's why I specified "wasting" rather than spending. No need to buy a separate cable if you were going to buy a Pro controller anyway.

He didn't say anything about wanting a Pro controller, only you brought it up. Not everybody automatically wants a Pro controller.

master4life

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just managed to enter up the RCM with a Keyring. And send out a test paylout.

I cant post any urls, therefore I describe what just happened.
A textbox has appeared on screen after clicking 'Inject Payload' "SUCCESS" with two phrases of text lines and about your console will shutdown in 5, 4, 3..

Do I have a unpatched version now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1