Diamond Crashes

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by RiotShooter, Apr 29, 2007.

Apr 29, 2007

Diamond Crashes by RiotShooter at 4:08 PM (1,319 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. RiotShooter
    OP

Member RiotShooter GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I dont know what is with my rom copy of diamond but when i get all 3 starters from my friend save and turn off. and then i turn back on it says that my data is corrupted. i have both d&p on my r4 so could that be the reason???

2. omatic

Member omatic GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I believe so. If you have both games on there with the DS-Xtreme, it will corrupt both saves. Chances are it's the same problem here.

3. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    I have both on my card as well and never had a problem with corruption. You haven't got them both named the same have you?

4. -KangaRod-

Member -KangaRod- GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I also have both games on my cart, and have played and saved with both of them. I actually used one to trade starter pokemon to the other (via a 2nd DS and a EZ V - which didn't save)

5. RiotShooter
    OP

Member RiotShooter GBAtemp Regular

United States
    thats what i kinda did. i used my pearl version to get the starters then i traded to my friend. he then traded back and when i got all three starters it would mess up with the save thingy. idk

6. celentt

Member celentt GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    why bother getting starters that way when you can easily get them from the GTS to later produce your own,not that long into the game

7. -KangaRod-

Member -KangaRod- GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I dunno. I havn't had that good luck with the GTS - finding people online when I am and such.

8. celentt

Member celentt GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    hrmm... well i've been able to get any pokemon i want from GTS, i have male and female of each starter and stack loads of other sinoh region pokemon, and i've only been trading for about 5 days. You should give it a try, lighting up your glove while trading via GTS is fun too.

9. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    Pokemon Diamond and Pearl on the same flashcart causes issues if the first 8 letters of their names are the same.
    For example: "Pokemon Pearl.nds" and "Pokemon Diamond.nds" will cause issues. "123 Pokemon Pearl.nds" and "321 Pokemon Diamond.nds" will not.
    This is because some flashcarts only use the first 8 letters when looking for a save file to use.

- Sam

10. NetixRiqua

Newcomer NetixRiqua Advanced Member

Turkey
    ah yes because the .sav files are like pokem%_.sav or something like that... or not something like that... wll whtva!