Diamond Crashes

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by RiotShooter, Apr 29, 2007.

1. RiotShooter
    OP

RiotShooter GBAtemp Regular

Mar 20, 2007
    United States
    I dont know what is with my rom copy of diamond but when i get all 3 starters from my friend save and turn off. and then i turn back on it says that my data is corrupted. i have both d&p on my r4 so could that be the reason???

2. omatic

omatic GBAtemp Fan

Apr 25, 2007
    United States
    United States
    I believe so. If you have both games on there with the DS-Xtreme, it will corrupt both saves. Chances are it's the same problem here.

3. TrolleyDave

TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    I have both on my card as well and never had a problem with corruption. You haven't got them both named the same have you?

4. -KangaRod-

-KangaRod- GBAtemp Fan

Aug 9, 2006
    Canada
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    I also have both games on my cart, and have played and saved with both of them. I actually used one to trade starter pokemon to the other (via a 2nd DS and a EZ V - which didn't save)

5. RiotShooter
    OP

RiotShooter GBAtemp Regular

Mar 20, 2007
    United States
    thats what i kinda did. i used my pearl version to get the starters then i traded to my friend. he then traded back and when i got all three starters it would mess up with the save thingy. idk

6. celentt

celentt GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2006
    why bother getting starters that way when you can easily get them from the GTS to later produce your own,not that long into the game

7. -KangaRod-

-KangaRod- GBAtemp Fan

Aug 9, 2006
    Canada
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    I dunno. I havn't had that good luck with the GTS - finding people online when I am and such.

8. celentt

celentt GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2006
    hrmm... well i've been able to get any pokemon i want from GTS, i have male and female of each starter and stack loads of other sinoh region pokemon, and i've only been trading for about 5 days. You should give it a try, lighting up your glove while trading via GTS is fun too.

9. Sinkhead

Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

Former Staff
    Nov 22, 2006
    Across the pond
    Pokemon Diamond and Pearl on the same flashcart causes issues if the first 8 letters of their names are the same.
    For example: "Pokemon Pearl.nds" and "Pokemon Diamond.nds" will cause issues. "123 Pokemon Pearl.nds" and "321 Pokemon Diamond.nds" will not.
    This is because some flashcarts only use the first 8 letters when looking for a save file to use.

- Sam

10. NetixRiqua

NetixRiqua Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2006
    ah yes because the .sav files are like pokem%_.sav or something like that... or not something like that... wll whtva!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice