Hacking Devolution Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if it bugs him, he kind of brought it on himself. 'Don't bother with DML, I've started this new project that is better in every way and I'll have it ready in a month'
If I remember the other thread correctly... maybe i don't... i lost interest when i read about the AP... in my experience AP is more hassle to the legit owners than the pirates. DML works for me so I'm not in a hurry for the next, but will check out this and DM when available.
I could be mistaken, but I think one of the main reasons for tueidj's devolution announcement was to notify people of a DML alternative before everyone went out and bought costly high capacity SD cards (this was before DM was back in the works). I for one avoided buying a new SDHC card because of his announcement, so I especially appreciated the advanced notice. I don't mind waiting for devolution (or Dios Mios), especially if it means I don't need to go out and buy yet another SD card and can instead use my HDD.

edit:
@Anon10W1z,
Sorry, but you're not allowed to tell tueidj to knock anything off... you're still a rookie here and tueidj is legendary... no offence.
But I just hate it when people start saying disrespectful things to me.

manateeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so...this might be a question that can only be answered by tueidj, and perhaps it's been asked before, but I'm curious
I've spent the last couple of days burning my gamecube games to my hard drive in anticipation of Devolution or DM, but realized I might have to reburn them with the AP system.
I want to make it clear that I'm not hating on the built-in AP, I just want to know whether or not there's a way of telling the legitimacy of a gamecube game after it's been burned to the drive
I realize that even if this detection occurs (which it probably doesn't) implementing it could mean a loophole in devolution, and a way to get around the AP

so will i have to reburn them all again? i think i'm going to be sick...

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so...this might be a question that can only be answered by tueidj, and perhaps it's been asked before, but I'm curious
I've spent the last couple of days burning my gamecube games to my hard drive in anticipation of Devolution or DM, but realized I might have to reburn them with the AP system.
I want to make it clear that I'm not hating on the built-in AP, I just want to know whether or not there's a way of telling the legitimacy of a gamecube game after it's been burned to the drive
I realize that even if this detection occurs (which it probably doesn't) implementing it could mean a loophole in devolution, and a way to get around the AP

I already answered this:
You can rip all your games (if they haven't been done already), Devolution uses original untouched ISO format (and nothing else).

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Burn = writing to discs.
Copying to hard drive = rip.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this question mightve been asked before... and could be retarded... but, can someone define original untouched? like, no scrubs, and no compressed? is that what it means?

Original/Untouched means rip it to your hard drive, leave it original, and leave it untouched and unscrubbed.

Seeing as tueidj specifically said that, I am assuming that a *.gcm won't work (scrubbed), but I suppose time will tell as someone decides to try anyway. But for what it's worth, 1.3GB for a game is pretty small as it is.

My music library, consisting of over 9000 songs (not joking lol, 9370 files) takes up 65.8GB. That's the equivalent of roughly 50 GC games. You're not gonna be desperate for that much space.

Quite interested to try this out when you release it, tueidj! I hope whatever development and testing remains goes smoothly for you. Good luck!

So, does that mean it won't be possible to use the compression tools on iso images?

Most likely. I don't know how the structure of a scrubbed GC ISO compares to that of a non-scrubbed one, so I don't know if tueidj didn't mention it because it's a given (structures are the same?), but like I said above, his post seemed specific enough to clearly state that it's going to need to remain completely un scrubbed; A clean, 100% original, untouched, unmodified, unscrubbed, uncompressed, 1.3GB rip in order for it to work.

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
Most likely. I don't know how the structure of a scrubbed GC ISO compares to that of a non-scrubbed one, so I don't know if tueidj didn't mention it because it's a given (structures are the same?), but like I said above, his post seemed specific enough to clearly state that it's going to need to remain completely un scrubbed; A clean, 100% original, untouched, unmodified, unscrubbed, uncompressed, 1.3GB rip in order for it to work.
If that's the case then I sure hope there will be an app that can convert a scrubbed image to work with Devolution. Probably like half of the GC images floating around are gcm.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that's the case then I sure hope there will be an app that can convert a scrubbed image to work with Devolution. Probably like half of the GC images floating around are gcm.
maybe you should use your own gamecube images then?

Reactions: 3 people

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
Has there been any word that you can rip GC games from disc to HDD yet? I didn't think about that.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has there been any word that you can rip GC games from disc to HDD yet? I didn't think about that.
If you have HBC, get cleanrip. Rips Gamecube games to the SD card which I then transfer to the HDD.

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have HBC, get cleanrip. Rips Gamecube games to the SD card which I then transfer to the HDD.
Thanks!

Has there been any word that you can rip GC games from disc to HDD yet?
A clean, 100% original, untouched, unmodified, unscrubbed, uncompressed, 1.3GB rip in order for it to work.

I didn't think
yes
I was referring to ripping via the Wii instead of PC.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can rip direct to USB at USB 2.0 speeds if you have IOS 58

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tueidj, I got a question, I don't think it's been answered. I got 2 wiis, one with a broken disc drive, one with a working one. If i rip the games on one wii, will it be playable on the other with whatever security you'll be using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: