Not open for further replies.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So you never play games you already beat?
If you replay them then your disc drive will need to read them again. I fail to see your logic there.
So in your mind, the only reason to play games you beat is to replay them? I assume you never to back to play (not replay) beaten games for stuff you missed during the story? You never do any sidequest or 100% any game? And what about games that offer extra, post-story content?

On this point, it makes more sense to rip the game once if you're going to have multiple play-throughs which will obviously require far more disc reading than ripping the entire disc once.
Of course. But what about games you don't plan to replay but still have reasons to go back to?
Someone doesn't understand the term "beat" in reference to games. If you have beaten a game, you have completed it 100%, all sidequests, all items, all whatever. Everything. Beating the story is different, that'd be if you just completed the bare minimum of the game. In other words, if you play a "beaten game" again, you are replaying because you've already done everything in the game.

"I don't want to use my disk drive to read discs. It might break and then I won't be able to use it to read discs any more."
So people will indeed have to rip all of their GC games themselves?
Of course. That has been said since the very first post about Devolution.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Of course. But what about games you don't plan to replay but still have reasons to go back to?
It does not matter which part you play or if you have played it before.
If you turn your GC/Wii on it reads the main menu and then the part you play NO MATTER WHAT.

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So you never play games you already beat?
If you replay them then your disc drive will need to read them again. I fail to see your logic there.
So in your mind, the only reason to play games you beat is to replay them? I assume you never to back to play (not replay) beaten games for stuff you missed during the story? You never do any sidequest or 100% any game? And what about games that offer extra, post-story content?

On this point, it makes more sense to rip the game once if you're going to have multiple play-throughs which will obviously require far more disc reading than ripping the entire disc once.
Someone doesn't understand the term "beat" in reference to games. If you have beaten a game, you have completed it 100%, all sidequests, all items, all whatever. Everything. Beating the story is different, that'd be if you just completed the bare minimum of the game. In other words, if you play a "beaten game" again, you are replaying because you've already done everything in the game.
Every time I see that term used, people mean that they beat the story. I've the word used like that more times than I care to remember.

It does not matter which part you play or if you have played it before.
If you turn your GC/Wii on it reads the main menu and then the part you play NO MATTER WHAT.
Which is the point. It reads the part you play, not EVERYTHING.

TerryG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the content on the disc is read at least once as you play through the game, not to mention any title screens and reloading areas that you've already been through. If you dump the game it reads all the data one time, then never again. I'd rather run my drive for ~10 minutes to dump a game than have it run for the hours it takes to complete a game.

Reactions: 1 person

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
All the content on the disc is read at least once as you play through the game, not to mention any title screens and reloading areas that you've already been through. If you dump the game it reads all the data one time, then never again. I'd rather run my drive for ~10 minutes to dump a game than have it run for the hours it takes to complete a game.
And I'd rather not have to redundantly rip games whose dumps I already have in my computer. I own all of the GC games I play, but I also have dumps of most of them that I downloaded in order to be able to play the games in Dolphin.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Doh already scrubbed everything for my wode xD ohwell.........

Still if the small handful of GC titles I actually play work and work perfect then they are worth ripping and what's a second hand wii cost nowdays if your drive implodes or whatever? £30-40 (Cost of one game) since everyone is going to backup all their legally owned originals that's a small price to pay for preserving their cherished collections. Also Don't play video games on your TV your reducing the viewing hours.

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Doh already scrubbed everything for my wode xD ohwell.........

Still if the small handful of GC titles I actually play work and work perfect then they are worth ripping and what's a second hand wii cost nowdays if your drive implodes or whatever? £30-40 (Cost of one game)
Easy to say for someone who doesn't know what living in a country where game consoles are expensive is like. Here, second hand Wiis cost about 250 dollars, if not more.

Also Don't play video games on your TV your reducing the viewing hours.
At least when I play video games on my TV, I actually PLAY them and enjoy those viewing hours spent. If I have to re-rip my games, I'm not actually using the laser to play them; all what I'm doing is needlessly wearing it out.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
At least when I play video games on my TV, I actually PLAY them and enjoy those viewing hours spent. If I have to re-rip my games, I'm not actually using the laser to play them; all what I'm doing is needlessly wearing it out.
But you don't need the laser any more once they're ripped, that's the point people have been trying to make. It's not a "waste" to use the lasers to rip the discs, because once they're ripped, you will never need to use the laser on that particular game ever again, regardless of how many thousands of hours you spend playing that game.

If you don't want to "waste" your laser ripping your games, don't. Play your games from the discs and use the laser on that. The fact of the matter is you can only rip GC games with a Wii or very specific PC DVD drives. Posting continuously here will not change that.

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
But you don't need the laser any more once they're ripped, that's the point people have been trying to make. It's not a "waste" to use the lasers to rip the discs, because once they're ripped, you will never need to use the laser on that particular game ever again, regardless of how many thousands of hours you spend playing that game.
What if I my laser dies and I want to play a game that isn't supported by Devolution? Or if I buy a new GC game?

If you don't want to "waste" your laser ripping your games, don't. Play your games from the discs and use the laser on that. The fact of the matter is you can only rip GC games with a Wii or very specific PC DVD drives. Posting continuously here will not change that.
Or you could download them from Internet, just like I did.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if I my laser dies and I want to play a game that isn't supported by Devolution? Or if I buy a new GC game?

WODE, buy a new Wii Drive, emulate it on your computer. And rofl "Or if I buy a new GC game?" You just said "Or you could download them from Internet, just like I did.", you are not buying a new GC game.
And either way your Wii Drive is going to die whether you dump no games and play them from the disc or vice versa.

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

WODE, buy a new Wii Drive, emulate it on your computer.
Then wtf would the point of using Devolution?

And rofl "Or if I buy a new GC game?" You just said "Or you could download them from Internet, just like I did.", you are not buying a new GC game.
lrn2read:
I own all of the GC games I play, but I also have dumps of most of them that I downloaded in order to be able to play the games in Dolphin.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WODE, buy a new Wii Drive, emulate it on your computer. And rofl "Or if I buy a new GC game?" You just said "Or you could download them from Internet, just like I did.", you are not buying a new GC game.
lrn2read

I own all of the GC games I play, but I also have dumps of most of them that I downloaded in order to be able to play the games in Dolphin.
lrn2liebetter.
You really expect me to just take your word for it, we are on the internet here and you already claimed to download GC games.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

lrn2read

lrn2liebetter.
You really expect me to just take your word for it, we are on the internet here and you already claimed to download GC games.
I just snapped this photo for you:
http://imageshack.us...43/gcgames.jpg/

I demand an apology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i don't have one either
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AcuteBulbasaurappears, A cute bulbasaur appears. :D
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, The Wii U gamepads are tied to the console's region, so its impossible to find a cheap gamepad that supports your model.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Unless you modify your system, of course, and remove the region check.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, im now by episode 8 of lain
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty can we discuss chrono trigger
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty I like how the game had the middle ages 1000AD, the dark ages 600AD.It was great seeing the post robot apocalypse 2300 like Terminator and enter the matrix. some of mad max and fallout. 2300ad though it could had used more elements instead of just a generic ai uprising. It was a great idea for their judgement day to be 1999 Y2K.

-great additions if they would have made an expansion or dlc in my opinion would be finding out humans trapped in a matrix -

a follower having a cyborg character living tissue over metal endoskelleton like terminator, and the synths from fallout
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    4After Zeal fell it would have been good to see more ancient eras. Perhaps Sumeria based in one area, then Egypt based in another area, Greek based in another area, then roman based in another area before the middle ages.---------

----between 1000ad and 1999 is a big gap they should have had the age of revolution like the american and French Revolution

then the cowboyy era in one area of map and the Industrial revolution/age of enlightmentthen a ww1 and ww2 and a cold war era
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could have added 75,000 bc like assassins creed. zeal was already establish in 12, 000 bc , soething before the kindom rose
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty they could also add age of dscover, colonialism ect
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    renaissance
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty what did you think
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty I think glenn (the frog) after becomming human had an affair with the queen
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    so he is the great great great great grandfather of marle @Xdqwerty
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they made it like Lancelot from king arthur legends
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    just found out i'm now taller than my dad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, sorry i was busy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty thats completely fine
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: