Hacking Devolution - Public Release

thevoiceover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it worked fine for Wind Waker. Just tried that trick with Eternal Darkness though and it didn't work. It actually ignored checking for a memory card in slot A at all and just read the virtual card. I don't have a clue why this would happen unless the loader fails to detect the card with that particular game.

When I play Eternal Darkness, I keep the virtual in A and a real memory card in B, saving to both for backup. Try plugging your real card into B when at load/save screen and it usually detects and you can save to right away..

Anyone else have "The Hobbit"? I tried this game with the last few versions and I get locked up each time.. This is the only Sierra game I have, wonder if they released anything else for NGC?

GCT! GCT!

tueidj

I R Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://pastie.org/pr...hhmrts07v41gbgw is what happened when it tried to access the memory card this time. I had to truncate some of it, since pastie only lets me paste 64k of text at once, but as far as I could tell, it was all repeating text.
lolwat, that's a lot of unlocking fails.

Can you try it again, but this time beforehand unlock the memory card using the system menu and slot B. Then start HBC, move the card (must be the same card!) to slot A and start Devolution.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a trick I did to my memory card problem:
I used an app (gcmm) to dump my official MC to my san disk, then I transfered my saves to my desktop.
I used Dolphin's MC Manager to make a new MC dump. Something named like memcard_a.raw (i think) then imported my saves to it then I closed it. I renamed the memcard_a.raw to memcard.bin and place it where Devolution had my emulated MC overwriting it. Now I got all my original saves without the card sticking out the top of my Wii and I have no problems loading and saving.
I'm sure everybodies trying to fix there problem with it not reading at all or something, but I just thought I would post this in case it would help someone out if they wanted to do the same. :D

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a trick I did to my memory card problem:
I used an app (gcmm) to dump my official MC to my san disk, then I transfered my saves to my desktop.
I used Dolphin's MC Manager to make a new MC dump. Something named like memcard_a.raw (i think) then imported my saves to it then I closed it. I renamed the memcard_a.raw to memcard.bin and place it where Devolution had my emulated MC overwriting it. Now I got all my original saves without the card sticking out the top of my Wii and I have no problems loading and saving.
I'm sure everybodies trying to fix there problem with it not reading at all or something, but I just thought I would post this in case it would help someone out if they wanted to do the same. :D

Was your MC a official NOA one, or a 3rd party card? I ask because I thought official ones weren't readable by that app - and I would >love< to do that process with mine.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do the trick we mentioned earlier to unlock the card to then dump the saves with GCMM, I believe. That way you only have to do it the one time and then go with virtual memory cards and never look back :)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
http://pastie.org/pr...hhmrts07v41gbgw is what happened when it tried to access the memory card this time. I had to truncate some of it, since pastie only lets me paste 64k of text at once, but as far as I could tell, it was all repeating text.
lolwat, that's a lot of unlocking fails.

Can you try it again, but this time beforehand unlock the memory card using the system menu and slot B. Then start HBC, move the card (must be the same card!) to slot A and start Devolution.

I tried it again with Tales of Symphonia, memory card unlocked in slot B, and the log didn't mention anything about patching SRAM, except as it was booting, like last time: http://pastie.org/pr...jga3sctontcoegg

Here's a log of it with it locked on Tales of Symphonia, in slot B: http://pastie.org/pr...zpaqb2p31xflk9w
Shorter due to the log being the exact same.

The other game I was trying it with was PSO 1&2. I guess SEGA had an infinite loop for retries until success.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine's the official Nintendo of America one. The grey one that fits in all the GC cases.
Here's the app I used.. http://code.google.com/p/gcmm/downloads/list
Also heres a raw dumped memory card too if it saves anybody time.. http://www.mediafire.com/?he3120ez23mu53v
Just open up Dolphin MC manager, find where the card is placed and open it, then delete the SSBM save that's already on it, import your saves on there and don't forget to rename it to memcard.bin after you close it.
When your done, just transfer it to where your virtual MC is and overwrite it

Reactions: 1 person

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Mine's the official Nintendo of America one. The grey one that fits in all the GC cases.
Here's the app I used.. http://code.google.c.../downloads/list
Also heres a raw dumped memory card too if it saves anybody time.. http://www.mediafire...he3120ez23mu53v
Just open up Dolphin MC manager, find where the card is placed and open it, then delete the SSBM save that's already on it, import your saves on there and don't forget to rename it to memcard.bin after you close it.

How many saves did you back up?
I remember having used that app for my Nintendo official mc, but it didn't work for every game, and for that games I had to do several tries before it finally work.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the app I used.. http://code.google.c.../downloads/list
Also heres a raw dumped memory card too if it saves anybody time.. http://www.mediafire...he3120ez23mu53v

How many saves did you back up?
I remember having used that app for my Nintendo official mc, but it didn't work for every game, and for that games I had to do several tries before it finally work.
I just did my SSBM and LoZ: Twilight Princess one. All the others I just started over on. But I did do them both at once and didn't have no problems.

Jusgewnt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know this is a dumb question, but still.
I took my stack of GC (PAL games) and ripped the lot with Cleanrip 1.5, first to USB (fat32) moved them to your subdir /games < and started testing if I could boot them. of the 10 disks i ripped only 1 (Super Mario Sunshine) would recognize the iso, and boot the game.
So I followed the instructions of re-ripping,I took the games (Zelda Windwalker, Fzero and Animalcrossing) and re-ripped with cleanrip 1.5 and with cleanrip 1.4 (both to USB and front SD) with same result, (endless loop of 5/4 blinks (not sure really blinks fast) with a audio noise at the end of each blink cycle)
I put my SD-gecko in Port A (to maybe get some Bugreport, but it didn't create anything.
My Wii has a chip installed on the drive Wii Key1.0 (and it's a 1st release PAL model)
So my question is:
is the wiikey interfering with the rip? with the DRM or any instance?.. Just to clarify all the games are original ( Mario Sunshine) works ace, I'm just wondering why the rest of them are stalling on the drm (and I've ripped them with my OLD GC too now to check that it really does a 1:1 copy, that Wiikey isn't interfering. And even these end up in endless loop).

picano

Trophies
Website
soifall.net
XP
Country
United States
I noticed there's another new version on the first post. Is there a change log somewhere? Did I miss it?
r101 is up. Star Wars Rogue Leader NTSC is fixed. The sample loader will now not use memory card emulation if it detects a memory card in slot A.

Reactions: 1 person

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I took my stack of GC (PAL games) and ripped the lot with Cleanrip 1.5, first to USB (fat32) moved them to your subdir /games < and started testing if I could boot them. of the 10 disks i ripped only 1 (Super Mario Sunshine) would recognize the iso, and boot the game.
So I followed the instructions of re-ripping,I took the games (Zelda Windwalker, Fzero and Animalcrossing) and re-ripped with cleanrip 1.5 and with cleanrip 1.4 (both to USB and front SD) with same result, (endless loop of 5/4 blinks (not sure really blinks fast) with a audio noise at the end of each blink cycle)
I put my SD-gecko in Port A (to maybe get some Bugreport, but it didn't create anything.
My Wii has a chip installed on the drive Wii Key1.0 (and it's a 1st release PAL model)
So my question is:
is the wiikey interfering with the rip? with the DRM or any instance?.. Just to clarify all the games are original ( Mario Sunshine) works ace, I'm just wondering why the rest of them are stalling on the drm (and I've ripped them with my OLD GC too now to check that it really does a 1:1 copy, that Wiikey isn't interfering. And even these end up in endless loop).
It's possible the wiikey is interfering with the verification process. Is there any way to disable it without completely removing it? (I have no experience with modchips, so I don't know). If so, try that.

EDIT: SD Gecko doesn't get logs, you need a USB Gecko for that. Or else do it over WiFi, which doesn't require any additional hardware (info on that is back a couple of pages I think).

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
So my question is:
It's possible the wiikey is interfering with the verification process. Is there any way to disable it without completely removing it? (I have no experience with modchips, so I don't know). If so, try that.

EDIT: SD Gecko doesn't get logs, you need a USB Gecko for that. Or else do it over WiFi, which doesn't require any additional hardware (info on that is back a couple of pages I think).

I have the same issue and I have a Wiikey. No easy way to disable unless you count removing it or corrupting it's firmware...

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The AP is too stiff (read, inflexible). Its finicky about its images, and doesn't verify for all games. I don't understand exactly how it works (no one but the author and maybe a handful more do), but I don't see why it has to verify physical data between images. Couldn't it be enough that it checks the iso game ID verses the inserted disk game ID? This would allow for compression of images, as well as allowing the verification to be more flexible and bearable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o