wiiztec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says verbatim

This app requires AHBPROT access!
Please run it from HBC using the correct meta.xml file.
Press START to exit

I don't get why I wouldn't have the correct meta.xml file, I just downloaded devolution and I didn't make any changes

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Then maybe you don't have the correct homebrew channel.
you need:

- Homebrew channel 1.0.7 or newer, using IOS58 (is it's not using IOS58 then you won't have USB2.0 access)
- The meta.xml with the hardware access tag.

in the /apps/gc_devo/ folder, you need:
boot.dol
icon.png
meta.xml <--- the meta xml is a text file, and it needs the <ahb_access/> tag inside.

wiiztec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.2 & I just installed the latest IOS58 with no patches using multimod manager, still doesn't work

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
press the home button when you are in the Homebrew channel to check which IOS it's currently using.
If it's not using IOS58, reinstall the homebrew channel using Hackmii installer from the HBC, it will detect your new IOS58 and use it.

If it's using IOS58 + correct meta.xml, then I don't know why it's telling you that you don't have AHBPROT patched.
Try another version of Devolution (if you have), or try launching Devolution from another loader (Wiiflow, USBGX, etc.)

wiiztec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MY HBC is using IOS58 v24.32, I don't know what you mean by launching devolution from another loader, this is my first attempt at using devolution

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
there are two methods to launch Devolution:

1. From the official loader (the one you downloaded).
You launch it and it displays the games on your SD/USB.
It's a standalone version of Devolution.

2. From Another USB loader (Wiiflow, Config loader, USB Loader GX, etc.)
You install a file from Devolution in a specific folder used by the loaders, and these loaders will launch GameCube games instead of Devolution.
The advantage is that you have a better graphical interface, that you use only one loader for everything, and that all these loaders share the same places for the ISO (which are different than the place used by the official version of Devolution's loader)

The two methods works the same way, and they both require the <ahb_access/> (or the <no_ios_reload/>) tag in the meta.xml of the loader you are launching.

wiiztec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What file from devolution? and what folder in the case of configurable USB Loader? also does devolution rip GC discs? and will loading devolution from configurable USB Loader allow it to rip GC discs?

wiiztec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also need to add the <ahb_access/> tag into the meta.xml for configurable USB Loader right? should I just put it at the end?

wiiztec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems windwaker doesn't work, I ripped it and left the disc in to be verified but when I tried to load the disc drive seemed to start up for a couple seconds and then just nothing, no slot light either

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It seems windwaker doesn't work, I ripped it and left the disc in to be verified but when I tried to load the disc drive seemed to start up for a couple seconds and then just nothing, no slot light either
Never used Devolution, but I'm pretty sure it asks for verification on game launch, not on game rip.
(Game ripping is a CFG Loader feature, not a Devolution feature)

wiiztec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried running the game with the disc in for verification and it just black screens, anyways I checked my harddrive and the .dvv file is there so I guess it was verified, still doesn't work though

So so far I've ripped super mario sunshine which works although I seemed to need to verify it twice, windwaker which doesn't work, and true crim streets of LA which works but seems to need to be reverified every time

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have heard devolution is picky about the .iso and the recommended method is to use cleanrip. I have heard people saying ripping through USB loader doesn't always work.

However I ripped Windwaker with USB Loader GX and it works perfectly after verification.

In USB Loader GX you just go to the loader options and set DEVO Memcard Emulation to ON. I think other loaders you have to set this on a game by game basis but I haven't tried.

I think you have to be formatted to FAT32 as well.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wind Walker works just fine for me. Ripped it and play it with CFG v70modr51. After ripping I just launched it right away to get verification out of the way.

Fat 32 drive w/64k sectors (works fine for Devo, but won't run DIOS MIOS)

With CFG there is indeed an option in each game's setting to use NMM or not.

wiiztec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reripped windwaker with cleanrip and renamed it and placed it where ripping it with configurable would have had it and when I tried to load it with devolution it sent me back to the hombrew channel. cleanrip didn't create the sys folder and it's contents like ripping with configurable did so Is that the issue? how do I create those files without ripping with configurable?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop touching yourself
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wasn't
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then stop doing whatever you were doing last night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    -insert uremum joke here-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too late
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen a bunny rabbit get swept up and taken by a hawk yesterday in my back yard, it left a bunch of rabbit hair in grass. Wild to see it fly off carrying a rabbit.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, was Luke that Bunny rabbit?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it was a small rabbit without lipstick, or no UFO propaganda
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was Leo the hawk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't see any kissing and loving, so prob not
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    True hawks have more pride
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [awaits K3Nv2's remarks for me] :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, would be a better lover to luke he knows how to get in personal space better
    [sips my ☕ ]
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The other night was watching tv in my screened in porch, and heard something walking on my porch roof, thought maybe it was a raccoon, so I grabbed my rifle and went out to look, it was just a duck, lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shoot the duck free meal
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not allowed here in Ohio without Duck hunting permit, n it not in season yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just say it was trespassing and you thought it was ancientboi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We can shoot racoon, possums, skunks, cayottes tho
    +1
    I can shoot guys :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not from more than 2 feet tho
    +1