Devo r200 with WiiU Pro?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by portugeek, Jan 25, 2014.

1. portugeek
    OP

portugeek GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    I was reading the read-me text for Devolution r200. It mentioned compatibility with the WiiU Pro controller. My question is.. "Does that mean the WiiU Pro controller is recognized by the Wii?" I don't have a WiiU yet, but after reading the read-me I checked out the WiiU Pro controller and now I'm seriously considering buying one. Even before buying the WiiU. :P

I'm only considering upgrading to r200 because I don't really like the GameCube controller. But I don't want to use something that'll lose functionality. (i.e. I'd use the Wii Pro Classic but I don't want to lose rumble.)

Also I was wondering if there's a list somewhere that shows which GameCube games require the Analog Triggers to play properly.

2. Clarky

Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Yes it works on the Wii too. As for a list of games, mario sunshine and luigis mansion come to mind

3. kongsnutz

kongsnutz QuickTimeEvent

Jul 19, 2008
    It is technically able to be used on a Wii yes. So far Devolution and Nintendont are the only ones.that can use it.
    There may be other Emulators or apps that use it but most will need to be updated to work with it as it will not work out of the box on all Wii stuff, it will never work on official software or gamea though.

4. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron
    pwsincd is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    he deffo does say the wiiu pro controller works , there isnt a release for the wii and one for the wiiu so it would suggest the code is there for the pro controller regardless of the console used. You cannot use the pro controller for the set up of devo . that has to be a wiimote. But the use of the pad is listed so i guess it works.. i dont have a gamecube game anymore so i cannot verify it for you.

5. portugeek
    OP

portugeek GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    Thanks for all the comments you guys. The more I've been looking into the controller, the less interested I am in actually getting it. Considering the button placement, and it's lack of analog triggers, I might as well just stick with the Wii Classic Pro controller.

Without a list of which GameCube games rely on analog triggers it makes wanting to switch over to r200 difficult. Because I was only going to switch so that I had the added ability to use different controllers, but if the list is large, than I wouldn't wanna play these games and have them feel all goofy.

For those of you who are currently running r200, what are the most noticeable advantages to using the new version over let's say r197? What are some of the coolest features?

Also.. with r200, is there a way to use USB controllers?