Homebrew devkitPPC API documentation anywhere?

tpb8675309

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure I missed it, but I pulled down the latest (and my first) devkitPPC kit, built helloworld.dol no problem and it runs fine, but I'm looking for some more verbose documentation. I've read the header files and I can probably guess what most of the functions do from the source and searching google for context. I love the kit and I'm thrilled that its available, but if I'm going to doing any type of system level utilities, I'd like a more assurance than just my best guess as to what each API is doing.

Have I missed a wiki somewhere where all these IOS_Open and such routines are documented a bit more exhaustively?

thx.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i learned the most from reading the source code to libogc. this is the huge collection of a files that most homebrew is build on top of. all wiimote, gamecube pad, channel loading, IOS reloading, nand access, usb gecko, even the code dump screen is part of libogc. just grab the source to that and dig around.

tpb8675309

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
i think i learned the most from reading the source code to libogc. this is the huge collection of a files that most homebrew is build on top of. all wiimote, gamecube pad, channel loading, IOS reloading, nand access, usb gecko, even the code dump screen is part of libogc. just grab the source to that and dig around.
Yep... I've been reading the source and some has good comment bocks and other parts... not so much.

http://libogc.devkitpro.org/ does document some headers, but is missing the following files:

asndlib.h, debug.h, gcmodplay.h, gcutil.h, iso9660.h, mad.h, mp3player.h, network.h, ogcsys.h, samplerate.h, smb.h, zconf.h, zlib.h, bte/bd_addr.h, bte/bte.h, di/di.h, modplay/defines.h, modplay/freqtab.h, modplay/mixer.h, modplay/modplay.h, modplay/semitonetab.h, ogc/arqmgr.h, ogc/arqueue.h, ogc/cast.h, ogc/color.h, ogc/conf.h, ogc/consol.h, ogc/context.h, ogc/disc_io.h, ogc/es.h, ogc/gu.h, ogc/ios.h, ogc/ipc.h, ogc/isfs.h, ogc/libversion.h, ogc/lwp_config.h, ogc/lwp_heap.h, ogc/lwp_messages.h, ogc/lwp_mutex.h, ogc/lwp_objmgr.h, ogc/lwp_priority.h, ogc/lwp_queue.h, ogc/lwp_sema.h, ogc/lwp_stack.h, ogc/lwp_states.h, ogc/lwp_.h, eadq.h, ogc/lwp_.h, eads.h, ogc/lwp_tqdata.h, ogc/lwp_watchdog.h, ogc/lwp_wkspace.h, ogc/message.h, ogc/pad.h, ogc/si.h, ogc/stm.h, ogc/sys_state.h, ogc/texconv.h, ogc/tpl.h, ogc/usb.h, ogc/usbgecko.h, ogc/usbmouse.h, ogc/usbstorage.h, ogc/wiilaunch.h, ogc/machine/asm.h, ogc/machine/processor.h, ogc/machine/spinlock.h, sdcard/card_buf.h, sdcard/card_cmn.h, sdcard/card_io.h, sdcard/gcsd.h, sdcard/wiisd_io.h, wiikeyboard/keyboard.h, wiikeyboard/usbkeyboard.h, wiikeyboard/wsksymdef.h, wiiuse/wiiuse.h, wiiuse/wpad.h and of course fat.h from the lib-fat library.

Any clue where the missing portions of documentation may be?

thx

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not there. it never was. figuring out what everything does is left as an exercise to the coder. you can always go back and look at source code from wii apps over a year old. understanding the older, more basic stuff helps you see whats going on in the newer apps and bigger frameworks like libwiigui.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place