Homebrew DEVKIT PPC HELP

VMHoss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I use Microsoft Windows 10 Pro as my main operating system, and I want to develop a simple homebrew Wii app. I got devkitpro PPC but I have one problem- Where is the 'make' button??? I tried using the shortcut like CTRL F3 or something on a demo.pnproj using programmer's notepad, but It gives me an error sound. I had the same problem using a different compiler and it told me to get c++ redistribute 2017 or something... and I got it, but it still didn't work!

I also once got Ubuntu Linux on VirtualBox if that helped, but that filled my storage up.

So please, If you want to recommend me a certain distro of Linux... please don't!

I also went to the #wiidev on some IRC website, but they also told me to get Linux.

I need a little help please

Thanks for putting your time into actually helping me... Thanks a lot.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you are using programmers notepad the 'make' button is under tools on the top menu.

otherwise open the folder containing you program code and makefile. hold down SHIFT and right click in the context menu choose command prompt. open it and you should be able to type make and enter.

Reactions: VMHoss

VMHoss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if you are using programmers notepad the 'make' button is under tools on the top menu.

otherwise open the folder containing you program code and makefile. hold down SHIFT and right click in the context menu choose command prompt. open it and you should be able to type make and enter.
Thanks, man! You saved me.

Reactions: banjo2

VMHoss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Wait... How do i run it on the homebrew channel? I have the elf and the dol

VMHoss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
okay i ran it no problems

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but which button is which? the template.c file uses the home button for exiting (pressed & WPAD_BUTTON_HOME).
What's the a button called or maybe other buttons? (pressed & WPAD_BUTTON_A)?

newo

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Wait... How do i run it on the homebrew channel? I have the elf and the dol

OPTION #1
put the dol onto a SD card in the app folder (like a regular) and then sticking it into your wii.

OPTION #2

In programmers note pad there is also a TOOLS/RUN option that will try to launch wiiload which sends the dol over TCP to a wii which is on your local network. The wii must be turned on and be on the homebrew channel main screen (and connected to the wifi).

If the run does not work you need to find out the IPA address of the wii. You find out the IPA by pressing the home button while in the homebrew channel. you will see it at the top of the screen - I think.

Once you have that you need to put into you project make file under the section called "build a list of library paths";

like so;

export WIILOAD := tcp:192.168.0.105

Thing to note when using the wiiload method is that the dol is copied onto the root of the SDCARD/harddrive so if you are loading assets you will have to adjust your paths to compensate for the dol not being where it normally should be.

Last edited by newo,
Reactions: fledge68

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-