• Likes 69
Status
Not open for further replies.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for explaining that, first I've heard of an "M3U" file. Would have been nice to know before reaching the end of disc 1 ;P
You should still be safe. Create such a M3U file (there's a big enough amount of tutorials on the internet) which refers to all discs of the game you want.
Look for your save file as I wrote before and rename it to match your M3U's name.
I'm not sure what the extension of a PSX save is but presuming it's .sav your files should have those names:
FF VII disc1.bin/cue/iso
FF VII disc2.bin/cue/iso
FF VII.m3u <- containing entries for both discs
FF VII.sav

This might help you as well:
https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNESmo...de_how_to_convert_psx_multiple_discs_game_in/

Reactions: Cencil

kane159

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
ummm why dont make a psp eboot.pbp? it works reallu good on muti disk game for me,and the size is smaller

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
RetroNX works fine, but it doesn't recognize any of my roms or bin files. It just says "no items". What would I have to do to get them to be recognized. Thank you for all the work you've done.
What do you mean?
Where did you put them?
Did you use the internal file browser under load content to look for them?
Use settings -> directory settings to adjust the folder where your roms are (under downloading or change the start directory there to your rom folder so you can use the start directory entry after hitting load content.

dmg5596

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ummm why dont make a psp eboot.pbp? it works reallu good on muti disk game for me,and the size is smaller
I did make an eboot. It still didnt recognize them
What do you mean?
Where did you put them?
Use settings -> directory settings to adjust the folder where your roms are (under downloading or change the start directory there to your rom folder so you can use the start directory entry after hitting load content.
I have them under a ROMS folder
Load the Core first
I did. I loaded pcsx rearmed, fceumm, and snes9x2010. Same problem with all 3. No items in the directory I have them

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What do you mean?
Where did you put them?
Sorry my reply must've got cut out. I have them in a roms folder in the switch folder. I have no trouble locating the folder, but when I do it says no items

dmg5596

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picture of empty rom selection screen and your sd contents
Don't know if this is too much but did it just in case. copied the retroarch folder over and put the retroarch.nro in the switch folder, it boots but says no items. plus here's what my roms and bin looks like just crash team racing, and yes I do have the BIOS file for the ps1 in retroarch/cores/system

Attachments

• 2018-08-03.png
    2018-08-03.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 284
  • 2018-08-03 (1).png
    2018-08-03 (1).png
    23.7 KB · Views: 287
  • 2018-08-03 (2).png
    2018-08-03 (2).png
    22.5 KB · Views: 297
  • 2018-08-03 (3).png
    2018-08-03 (3).png
    24.4 KB · Views: 283
  • 2018-08-03 (4).png
    2018-08-03 (4).png
    44 KB · Views: 261
  • 20180803_061641.jpg
    20180803_061641.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 284
  • 20180803_061719.jpg
    20180803_061719.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 334
Reactions: lordelan
D

Deleted User

i would try zipping the roms but no clue other than you have to load your core for the ps1 game

so wait in terms of converting the multidisc games to pbp how would I go about doing that exactly? is there a tool for this cause this sounds like de way

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don't know if this is too much but did it just in case. copied the retroarch folder over and put the retroarch.nro in the switch folder, it boots but says no items. plus here's what my roms and bin looks like just crash team racing, and yes I do have the BIOS file for the ps1 in retroarch/cores/system
Please try this:
  1. Take one of your SNES roms into a zip file
  2. Something like aladdin.zip containing nothing but aladdin.smc (or sfc)
  3. Create the folder SD:\roms\Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System\
  4. place the zip inside it
  5. Load the Snes9x core -> load content -> go to that new directory
If it's still empty try another card. I know this sounds stupid but I've faced such oddly sd bugs so often on the Wii U and Switch where few things work (like hbmenu) but few things don't (like specific hb apps or like in your case loading roms). Obviously you can use a very small card that you might have laying around somewhere. It only needs the hbmenu, RetroArch and one rom (plus things you might need to boot into a CFW).

Edit: If this doesn't work as well, I'm curious if launching a game from a playlist works as that is telling RetroArch directly what to launch and with which core.
So basically download my attached file here, open up the Snes playlist, delete everything but the first 6 lines as one game entry consists of exactly 6 lines, adjust to first two lines to match your test rom that you placed like I wrote above (e.g. Aladdin), place that playlist file in RetroArch's playlist directory (I think by default it's under cores), fire up RetroArch und hit load content -> collections, then you should see it. Usually you won't have to load the core first. Just hbmenu -> RetroArch -> load content -> collections -> snes playlist -> game -> run
Make sure your 6 lines long playlist file ends with Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System.lpl as one game entry always ends with the playlist name itself.

Last edited by lordelan,
Reactions: dmg5596

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I mean why would u press "Scan content". Thats wrong. -> U even pressed Scan Directory lol
You want to load your file -> "Load Content"...

dmg5596

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please try this:
  1. Take one of your SNES roms into a zip file
  2. Something like aladdin.zip containing nothing but aladdin.smc (or sfc)
  3. Create the folder SD:\roms\Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System\
  4. place the zip inside it
  5. Load the Snes9x core -> load content -> go to that new directory
If it's still empty try another card. I know this sounds stupid but I've faced such oddly sd bugs so often on the Wii U and Switch where few things work (like hbmenu) but few things don't (like specific hb apps or like in your case loading roms). Obviously you can use a very small card that you might have laying around somewhere. It only needs the hbmenu, RetroArch and one rom (plus things you might need to boot into a CFW).

So i tried zipping the file, and it didn't recognize it. Then I downloaded your playlist and deleted everything but the first 6 lines and adjusted the lines to match my rom (I used Donkey Kong Country 2), placed it in the playlist folder, and booted retronx. I went to load content and the playlist showed up but It still didn't show anything. You might be right it might be my microsd. Ill have to buy another one maybe. Thank you for helping me.

I mean why would u press "Scan content". Thats wrong. -> U even pressed Scan Directory lol
You want to load your file -> "Load Content"...
I did go to "load content", still says no items.

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thanks for this amazing program, i love playing gba games on the switch with this! :D

Question though, just assume i am legally blind here, but is there a core that plays GBC games? i cant seem to find it. the one i use currently doesnt (mgba).

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is fat32 really a must for this?

Also I've been super impressed with pfba. How does this compare for the systems they both support?

Last edited by chr0m,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!