• Likes 69
Status
Not open for further replies.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes it's the one. Since then I managed to make it work. I launched Rayman, Doom, Populous etc and it works well. It's a bit slow when there is 3D, even playing on CPU cycles.
By cons my problem now lies in the launch of Windows 3.1 that crash the console. It works on other systems where I have Dosbox. I do not know if it comes from the heart or bad configurations.
I have a working Win 3.1 setup (with installed Microsoft Entertainment Pack) on my PCs Dosbox core as well. I'll try mine within the next few days.
But that core (that I linked to) is a standalone from the "older" version and cannot be launched from within the new retroarch.nro, right?

Ron4n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a working Win 3.1 setup (with installed Microsoft Entertainment Pack) on my PCs Dosbox core as well. I'll try mine within the next few days.
But that core (that I linked to) is a standalone from the "older" version and cannot be launched from within the new retroarch.nro, right?

It is launchable with the new retroarch.nro but it is necessary to put back the original video and audio configurations. Do you know if this is the last core of Dosbox that was compiled? You will tell me for Windows 3.1 but I crash it directly after the boot logo.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
can someone help with onscreen display, i suppose it should be working..i want to see fps, but i cant get it to show. I tried turning things on in osd setting but nothing changes

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
What’s the difference between snes9x “upstream” and the snes9x10 I didn’t realise there was any other version of SNES which ones the best to use

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As emulators develop, they become more accurate and have fewer glitches, but at a cost of speed. They need beefier hardware in order to run at full speed.

snes9x 2010 is the version of snes9x as it was in 2010, fewer accuracy updates but a bit faster speed.

In this case, the switch can handle the official snes9x, so it is preferred.

Last edited by sirAnger,

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
You can try the switch_thread audio driver (needs RA restarted) or play with audio_latency.

That should get it fixed, if not then very close

Just wanted to update regarding THPS2, changing to switch_thread for audio driver fixed the intro stutters but not the actual gameplay music stutters. There seems to be a slight loss of 1-2 fps when using switch_thread audio. Latency was set to 150.

Seems to hover between 48-51 fps with the regular audio setting, 47-50 with switch_thread.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just wanted to update regarding THPS2, changing to switch_thread for audio driver fixed the intro stutters but not the actual gameplay music stutters. There seems to be a slight loss of 1-2 fps when using switch_thread audio. Latency was set to 150.

Seems to hover between 48-51 fps with the regular audio setting, 47-50 with switch_thread.
Can u try the pinned build in the retronx testing channel?

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
Can u try the pinned build in the retronx testing channel?

Just did so. There was no differences to note, exactly same fps and exactly the same amount of in-game audio stutter. Same scenario with the threaded audio driver, fixes the intro stuttering (it plays about 99.9% perfect with threaded) but once you get to in-game the fps drops to 48-50fps after 5-10 seconds and stays there throughout the session with stutters.

Thanks!

Reactions: m4xw

onofrix

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it's the one. Since then I managed to make it work. I launched Rayman, Doom, Populous etc and it works well. It's a bit slow when there is 3D, even playing on CPU cycles.
By cons my problem now lies in the launch of Windows 3.1 that crash the console. It works on other systems where I have Dosbox. I do not know if it comes from the heart or bad configurations.
How you do it?

I always get the same 12 seconds error.

Ron4n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I put Dosbox.nro in the "cores" folder and I loaded it with retroarch. Then I went in the options and I put:

Driver : switch/switch/switch/switch_thread/sinc/null/null/nxrgui/null
Video : off/off/2560/0 (auto)/off/off/0/0/59.940/NA/16:9/-1.00/0/0/1440/1200 (3X)/3.0X/0/0/100/on/off/normal/on/on/1/0/on/on/off
Audio : on/on/off/off/0/0/on/64/normal/0.005/0.05/48000
Core : off/on/off/on

with these settings it works

Last edited by Ron4n,

Sameru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi guys, so I just finished Disney's Hercules game on Switch with your Retroarch psx core and it worked from beginning to an end! It was locked almost all the time on 50fps(it was PAL version). Thanks for your hard work on this <3. And I can also say that Tekken 3 with 2 or 1 frame skip is also playable. And Tomb Raider The Last Revelations works fine with 45/48 fps.

FlexingTiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put Dosbox.nro in the "cores" folder and I loaded it with retroarch. Then I went in the options and I put:

Driver : switch/switch/switch/switch_thread/sinc/null/null/nxrgui/null
Video : off/off/2560/0 (auto)/off/off/0/0/59.940/NA/16:9/-1.00/0/0/1440/1200 (3X)/3.0X/0/0/100/on/off/normal/on/on/1/0/on/on/off
Audio : on/on/off/off/0/0/on/64/normal/0.005/0.05/48000
Core : off/on/off/on

with these settings it works
I can run dosbox.nro with standalone core and launched exe fine, but input did not work, even after I added keyboard code to the RA source file.

Ron4n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can run dosbox.nro with standalone core and launched exe fine, but input did not work, even after I added keyboard code to the RA source file.

Once Dosbox launched, go to the quick menu and control. Put on keyboard + mouse and put the keyboard keys you want on each key. 0 = button A; 1 = button B; 2 = Y button ...

Reactions: lordelan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.psx-place.com/threads/n64-emulator-ps3-poc-wii64-port-by-emukidid-surfaces-9-years-af...