Not open for further replies.

Chipidy

Trophies
Website
www.chipidychipgaming.com
XP
Country
Canada
It's self-explanatory -- we don't have GPU acceleration atm.
Don't ask when, how, or why, please.

?
I'm confused .I never asked about GPU drivers! That guy edited my comment if you actually look . I originally said " when I'm comfortable with Lakka".

Please look up original comments instead of relying on someone else's quote who edited the original.

All I said is that THIS is a cool alternative for I am not comfortable with Lakka yet.

Last edited by Chipidy,

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Please look up original comments instead of relying on someone else's quote who edited the original.

And please look at my original comment instead of relying on kneejerk reactions without looking at the context.
I am simply providing answers to your original question;

Cool I guess? But no idea why you changed it haha. Explain?

Chipidy

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Canada
And please look at my original comment instead of relying on kneejerk reactions without looking at the context.
I am simply providing answers to your original question;
I was asking the other guy why he changed my comment. Was never talking to you aboutbthr Switch .Was basically putting a good comment and said I'm waiting for Lakka to be full featured. So in using this. The other guy changed it to GPU for some reason .I never wrote that

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
@Chipidy is correct though. He asked an innocent question about a quote not directed at you at all...
And I responded with an innocent answer as well - it's not like I'm implying or even pushing malice. Just because it wasn't me who made the original (snarky) quote-edit shouldn't dissuade me from providing what would've been the same answer.

...and you jumped down his throat about not asking when, how, or why for GPU acceleration.
Because alongside the entirely-Proof-of-Concept-ONLY PSX core getting asked about despite being a (say it with me) Proof-of-Concept-ONLY core, and requests for an N64 core mere weeks after development on the port started, GPU acceleration is one of the most commonly asked questions regarding RetroNX and it is TIRING to go through each and every time it comes up. It will come when it does, but asking about it repeatedly doesn't make it come faster -- and even then, we can't guarantee EVERY core will be improved, or that we can cleanly implement said N64 core or an improved Beetle-PSX core with it. Hardware acceleration is a good ways away until it can be properly utilized.

This community can be pretty unwelcoming and toxic at times.
Not even in the slightest. And even if it was, pointing it out would only reward you with even more negatively-charged posts and trolls.

This is actually getting off-topic by this point.

Last edited by SeongGino,
Reactions: CatmanFan

Chipidy

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Canada
And I responded with an innocent answer as well - it's not like I'm implying or even pushing malice. Just because it wasn't me who made the original (snarky) quote-edit shouldn't dissuade me from providing what would've been the same answer.

Because alongside the entirely-Proof-of-Concept-ONLY PSX core getting asked about despite being a (say it with me) Proof-of-Concept-ONLY core, and requests for an N64 core mere weeks after development on the port started, GPU acceleration is one of the most commonly asked questions regarding RetroNX and it is TIRING to go through each and every time it comes up. It will come when it does, but asking about it repeatedly doesn't make it come faster -- and even then, we can't guarantee EVERY core will be improved, or that we can cleanly implement said N64 core or an improved Beetle-PSX core with it. Hardware acceleration is a good ways away until it can be properly utilized.

Not even in the slightest. And even if it was, pointing it out would only reward you with even more negatively-charged posts and trolls.

It wasn't an answer to my question at all. End of discussion. This topic is amazing and it is why I commented .It's a great alternative to people who don't want to use Lakka .That is all.

Malcolm-X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
You went on a mini rant about people asking about GPU acceleration. Not even remotely what OP asked. If you weren't so concerned with rebuking other users you'd see he was most likely asking why "GPU drivers in Horizon" would mean he'd be less likely to use Lakka. This proven by the fact OP even told you twice that you'd totally misunderstood his comment. He never once asked at all about the current state or lack of GPU acceleration development the "when, how, or why" as you put it, so it was really pointless you demand he not ask a question he never asked in the 1st place.

Again, no one asked about any of that. If and when someone does asks in general, no one is forcing you answer said users question. So I'm not sure what is exactly so "TIRING" for you. Do you get countless @ and PMs asking you about this? No. If you see a comment in an OPEN AND FREE discussion then you don't have to answer. Either let someone else or ignore them. None of the questions are totally off-topic, none of the questions are offensive, none of the question are trolling, none of the questions break forum rules. If nobody asked any questions nobody would learn anything. If you don't want to answer then maybe someone else does, if feel you simply have to reply to them and you're "tired" of typing out posts then simply direct them to the relevant past discussion so that they can become educated. This will lead to a better educated, more cohesive and productive community.

You were. And I will point it out, you don't get to be carte blanche negative and hide behind the fact you don't want it reciprocated.

Then don't reply to my posts, again very simple.

Reactions: Ty_ and Chipidy

Clapmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So exfat support is really buggy? That kinda stinks, guess I'll have to hotswap some sd cards when I want to run emulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    ... [looks up vagina] 🤓 🔎 📖 ] :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: 🤢🤮
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good thing I have a vagina
    +1
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    Evil SylverReZ: "GuldRez"
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: Evil SylverReZ: "GuldRez"