RELEASE Development Thread - RetroArch libnx

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by m4xw, May 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tebra

Tebra Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2016
    Belgium
    I have exactly the same problem. It's not possible to go back to retroarch menu with "+" and "-" on fceumm core.
    My switch is on fw 4.1.0 with last stable retroarch

2. XCristiano1992

XCristiano1992 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2018
    Germany
    The hotkey for menu is L3 and R3 together, press the two stick simultaneously

Tebra likes this.
  3. m4xw
    OP

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    Dont. Do. That.

Keep the cancer that is sdl2 far away from my port.

And no, you wont fix it. Its essentially bugging out nvidia internals.

4. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    Great to see things are coming along. A good amount of the regular cores are now working and we have an all-in-one loader now. Great stuff.

Small bug I noticed - in Doom for Snes9x mainline the developer logos and title screen are distorted. This does not happen with psnes which also uses Snes9x mainline.

5. SeongGino

SeongGino The Average One

May 20, 2015
    United States
    Jersey, Jersey
    Honestly, it's really just the same as usual -- I proposed this as a way of streamlining things so EVERYONE hopefully has access to the same exact cores and file structure and remaining updated with the masters. But thanks.

Difference in SNES9x upstream version -- pSNES is based on the slightly newer 1.56.2 version (unavailable to Libretro atm), which fixes, alongside other things, DOOM's graphics output and Super Butouden 2's flickering. Can't do much about that until the Libretro branch matches upstream, because doing the update manually is more a PITA than just waiting.

hippy dave likes this.
  6. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    It's an Nvidia + Retroarch problem? Standalone Emualtors (pFBA, PSNES doesn't have this tearing issue when docked.

7. m4xw
    OP

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    I've said it a thousand times and will say it once more: Threading is the cause

8. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    This seem to be at Original by default (Snes9x).
    I'd like to keep the original ratio while have it scalet to hit the top and bottom display border of the Switch. What would be the setting for this?

9. SeongGino

SeongGino The Average One

May 20, 2015
    United States
    Jersey, Jersey
    Disable integer scaler.
    Either save as core override with content loaded, or save as current config without content loaded (global).

SpaceJump and lordelan like this.
  10. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Thx. Btw @you and @m4xw : Changing the Window Size in video settings totally froze my Switch and made me force shut down it (hold power for 12 seconds).

11. Hydr8gon

Hydr8gon Dragon Trainer

Dec 15, 2014
    Canada
    Don't worry, I was just playing around with it :P May I ask why you're so against SDL though?

Last edited by Hydr8gon, Jul 8, 2018
  12. Theeze

Theeze Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2013
    Canada

I really appreciate this as do many of us on here.. However, would it be possible to date the updates? I'm never too sure if the all in one package is a new update or the same one. Maybe something like ( updated : 2018/07-08 ) or something to that effect besides the link. Just a little suggestion.

Qulox and sorabora like this.
  13. SpaceJump

SpaceJump GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    I changed the file browser setting to sd:\Roms, but when I go to load content, it doesn't start at that location. The file browser setting is saved. It's even still there after quitting and reloading Retroarch. It just doesn't work. Any idea?

XCristiano1992 likes this.
  14. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    After entering the file browser there's a top entry "start directory" or something like that. Hit that and you should be at sd:\Roms.

15. Twistedziefer

Twistedziefer GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2018
    United States
    Los Angeles
    you have to load a core first. for instance if you want to play snes you would load snes9x core then goto load content

ShonenJump likes this.
  16. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    I was assuming he already did that.
    Confused me too when I first used the Salamander Pack as any other RetroArch build (PC, mobile, Wii U) gives me a complete core list when I try to load any zip via load content.
    But yes, as for the Switch right now, always go this way:
    hbmenu (aka HBL) -> RetroNX -> load core -> [pick your core] -> load content

To quit go the clean way:
    quick menu -> close content -> main menu -> quit retroarch

17. SpaceJump

SpaceJump GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    Thanks, choosing start directory worked. Didn't notice that.

Is there a way to set a start directory per core?

18. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    As far as I know the directory settings are global. So no. I may be wrong though.

Edit 1: You should create playlists (aka collections) anyways. That saves you the hassle.

Eidt 2: I'm too lazy to write a Switch guide right now but I wrote one for the Wii U back then and it should still apply:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-guide-clean-games-collection-faq.468193/
    Just adjust the core directory to the Switch cores.
    And try to use playlist buddy for the most cases.

Edit 3: Wow some information in that thread is really old. Take it just as an inspiration. I'll do a new one for the Switch soon.

Last edited by lordelan, Jul 9, 2018
    SpaceJump likes this.
  19. m4xw
    OP

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    Those builds don't use Salamander ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Seems like I'm confused what Salamander even is.
    I thought it's that you have one homebrew (RetroNX) which then launches the cores from within itself while "non Salamander" was the old way of having a separate NRO for each core which must be launched from hbmenu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.