[Development] Sky3DS Template Modifier

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Zorua, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Zorua
    OP

Zorua I'm not a furry.

Oct 11, 2011
    United States
    I've been working on this for the past day and it should be done by the end of the week (no promises). It basically uses a .3ds/.bin file and patches the template with your private header. I just figured out how to output byte streams as readable hex, so I should be able to implement the actual patching relatively quickly.

Here's what it looks like as of now:

[​IMG]

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
  3. Zorua
    OP

Zorua I'm not a furry.

Oct 11, 2011
    United States
    I am aware of that. My patcher would need either .bin or the .3ds, and would replace every single entry in the template with the private header data. I've also made it so it changes the Chip ID according to the filesize.

4. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Nice have to try this out when you release it :), thanks for the effort to make life easier :)

"no ban no sky" is easy to use on single files (dunno if it changes the chip id to match the filesize)
    it's also easy to use different headers on different rom entries in the template.

Q: Would it be possible to add in the future an option to modify the template for 1 game instead of the whole template?
    Optional field, 3DS rom and browse to the rom you want to play online and it modifies just that entry in the template

5. hackotedelaplaqu

hackotedelaplaqu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 10, 2009
    France
    Nice. But how do you retrieve the CTR without asking a "receiver rom" too ?

About header information, I'm wondering if it's not just useless since we can't make own templates entries (missing Unique ID still unkown) and since Sky3DS already provides Chip infos for every game.
    Don't you think too ?