Hacking Determining if BootMii / boot2 is available

felixters

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has already been answered, I tried to search the forum and google but could not find a definitive answer. I'm new to hacking the Wii and want to be sure I know what I'm doing before I try anything.

I'm planning on buying a used Wii from Craigslist and I want to ensure that the system I buy is able to install BootMii to boot2. The seller I'm working with told me that they bought the Wii around 2 years ago, which is right around the beginning / middle of 2008. I'd like to know for sure that I'll be able to install to boot2 before purchasing the Wii though. The seller has agreed to let me test the system to see if it's possible.

Assuming the Wii has menu system 4.2, I'm thinking I can prepare an SD card with the hackmii installer and bannerbomb and when I go take a look at the Wii, I can put the SD card in, run the hackmii installer and on the first screen if it says "can be installed" next to bootmii, I'm good to go.

My first question is, am I correct in thinking I can do what I just described?

Secondly, once I start the hackmii installation and get to the screen where it shows me if it can or can't be installed, what is the safest way to exit the installation so that I do not have to complete it while I am at the sellers house?

Alternatively, is there another (better) way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Thanks

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are correct in question one, so long as you have the proper versions, (and for bannerbomb you need to take a couple on your sd card, because the first one you try might not work) which means you would need computer access at the house, just to shuffle sd card files around.

once in the hackmii installer, you can exit basically anyway, including the option designed to allow you to exit the program

felixters

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
Yep you can. Then just exit it instead of using any of the options.

Sorry to be direct, but by exit do you mean turn off the Wii or something else?

I don't see an exit option from the screen which details that BootMii can be installed to boot2. I should note that I'm using screen shots as my reference and not a live system.

Thanks

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is an exit option.....your screen shots are either bad or misleading or you are simply not looking at the right screen. its also perfectly fine to just press the power button on the wii, or yank out the cord.

you could ask if your seller has indiana jones lego, and then take indiana pwns with you and be a lot more confident and not have to worry about bannerbomb switching.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-