Destiny Season pass?

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Games & Content' started by OliverReed, Jul 9, 2015.

1. OliverReed
    OP

OliverReed GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2012
    Should I buy the destiny season as its on sale? Been waiting for it to drop for a while but not sure if its worth it?

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I think the game's worth it, especially if you have friends who also play Destiny. I've clocked over 120 hours on this game co-oping with my girlfriend and I'm probably coming back for more once The Taken King is out.

3. OliverReed
    OP

Apr 4, 2012
    Only really got one friend with the game, I still havent done the vault of glass (havent had 5 people yet and only really just got to a decent level 29).
    Think I may just go for it anyway haha

4. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I would wait then. If you dont have the friends to play it with you might not want to pony up for the whole thing. But if you wanna play a little bit more content and work an a new social link reputation, maybe just get the Crota DLC?

5. Blebleman

Blebleman GBAtemp Old-Timer

Nov 14, 2003
    Canada
    Chiba Prefecture , Japan
    One of my friends told me Expansion 1 really isn't as good as Expansion 2 -- debating myself whether to only pick up #2 or the Season Pass. Any opinions?

6. BORTZ

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    1 really isnt handled nearly as well as 2 is. If you only have money for one of them, get the House of Wolves.

7. OliverReed
    OP

Apr 4, 2012
    I was going to go with just one House of Wolves but thought for the price i may as well get both but not sure.
    Is it easy to find people to do raids or missions that dont have matchmaking?

8. BORTZ

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Strikes, Prison of Elders lv28, Weekly Strikes all have matchmaking. Nightfalls, Prison of Elders lv32, 34, and 35, and Raids have no matchmaking.

9. OliverReed
    OP

Apr 4, 2012
    I presume Nightfalls, Prison of Elders lv32, 34, and 35, and Raids make up a large parts of the dlcs's?

10. BORTZ

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Not really. You can do nightfalls with no DLC most weeks, and HoW (to the dismay of many players) has no Raid. But Prison of Elders is a pretty big part. Its like horde mode with rewards.

11. OliverReed
    OP

Apr 4, 2012
    How many people for elders? if its low probably be able to get people ;)

12. BORTZ

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    You only need three. If you can find a 3rd you would be good to go. Every PvE activity other than Raids are restricted to 3 players.

13. OliverReed
    OP

Apr 4, 2012
    Not too bad then, may just go for it and see what happens :)

Actually another quick thing, when you have enough people are them missions good? and are the story missions any good?

Last edited by BORTZ, Jul 9, 2015
    BORTZ likes this.
  14. BORTZ

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    The HoW missions are fun, even if it is like a big game of chase with Skolas. I liked the story missions, which is why I played the Dailys so much. Its a crying shame you have an xbone though. I have a full 10+ clan who is always willing to play.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

15. OliverReed
    OP

Apr 4, 2012
    Doesnt sound bad, damn presume you dont have any xbone contacts as you went with ps4?

16. BORTZ

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Well there was this one kid we used to play Dead or Alive with online but he stayed with microsoft, even after we told him our plans lol. I have about 3 or 4 other friends that stayed Xbone from college too, and that sucks because I have no other way to play with them anymore. But other than that, my core group of friends were able to make the jump over, and the other ones I dont really talk to much changed anyways.

17. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    I have Destiny on PS4 and no DLC. Should I wait and get the taken king? I heard it comes with all the DLC and (of course) the taken king