Hacking Desperate Need For Help on an Old Hacked Wii!!

thisxisxlife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TL;DR: I just need help unhacking the Wii

Background info: I got my friend to hack my Wii many many years back, maybe around the '09 or '10 area. I have very little to no knowledge about Wii hacking, USB loader, Homebrew, any of that, so I need help from you all here.

Today I picked up "The Last Story" for my Wii, and decided to whip out the Wii, after collecting dust for several years. I had forgotten until today that it was hacked, noticed a bunch of channels that pertained to that stuff.
I stuck in the disc and it gave me the message "An error has occurred. Press the eject button and remove the disk... etc"
I figured it had something to do with the Wii being hacked. I search for a while to figure out how to 'unhack' or 'virginize' the Wii, but the process required that I have an SD card, which I don't have, and a bunch of downloading of things I can't be bothered with right now.
So I thought maybe updating the Wii or formatting it would erase all the hacked stuff (Like an iPhone or something).
I formatted it, the channels were gone! And it seemed like everything was all brand new. I updated it, it said it was complete! I thought everything was going good, so I popped in "The Last Story" again and tried, but the same result.
I tried checking everything and everything, but I noticed that it was still on ver 4.1U (the version it was hacked on).
Tried updating it again, and it turns out it's still noticing "hacked software" or "unauthorized" data or whatever when I update. I tried to update again but it says I'm on the latest version, but it still shows I"m on 4.1U.
I've come to the conclusion that it's not fully unhacked, and that I'm desperate need of someone's help.
With the information provided, can anyone give me a diagnosis? PLEASE!
Thanks.

EDIT: Just noticed a notice on the game box: "IMPORTANT: Unauthorized technical modifications to your Wii console may render this game unplayable... etc" So that kind of furthers the thought it may be still hacked... I guess I just need a guide on how to fully "unhack" my Wii. Thanks.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd recommend you to get hold of an SD card, and try to update your soft mod with Modmii.
There is no need to 'virginize'your wii, just follow the guide and follow the 'W' option ( first one ), just like you would do with an unhacked Wii and follow all the steps.
If you do it correctly, you'll be up and running in no time ;)

Reactions: mikefor20

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night.