Hacking desperate help... I think i bricked my wii

ryanhaggan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is for the googler or anybody else out there that's reading this and is in the same boat with me.
Your Wii is fully bricked.

There is a little hope if you do this and it happens:
[*]Use an official nintendo gamecube controller (other controllers might work, like a dance mat, but just stick with the original to be 100% sure, since that's what THEY all say)[*]Open up the controller. I know that it has a special head for the screw, but i had a small screwdriver, and with a little effort, it opened up just fine. [Also, do not be afraid to open up the controller, it is very easy to put back with little to no chance of fault (unlike the sony controllers). Withthe sony controllers, you could put it back together and it would seems fine, but then try using it. You also cannot mess up the placement of buttons, such as switching placement of the A and B buttons, or the orientation of them, and the L and R trigger buttons are very easy to work with, you don't even need to take them out[*]Plug the controller into the 4th port of your wii.[*]Now, using the gray rubber piece that is used to to press buttons, hold down all four directions on the d-pad[*]Turn on your Wii[*]If the version number of your wii's firmware appears, you're in luck. Go download a disc or anything else that you could use to boot up from this screen [GOOGLE wii universal unbrick disc or something along thoes lines][*]If this didn't work for you, as it didn't for me, your wii is good as dead

Some notes to everyone.
  • NEVER UNINSTALL ANY SYSTEM FILES, THEY COULD LIVE HARMLESSLY ON YOUR WII EVEN IF YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO USE THEM
  • Boot2 is the best way to prevent your wii from bricking

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try getting the bootmii files from each version of bootmii and try each one. If any of them get you into the bootmii menu (with the 4 icons) then you can probably fix it.

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lesson learned. Don't uninstall system menu or ios files. LOL

The credit for this discovery goes to ryanhaggan. Say thanks everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk