Hacking desperate help... I think i bricked my wii

ryanhaggan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to get the new super mario bros to play through usb loader...

I installed cios53 and SM 4.0-4.1 - Trucha.wad... didn't work

so my dumb ass uninstalled SM 4.0-4.1 - Trucha.wad

PLEASE tell me that I could do something about this???

My wii doesn't boot up at all... I had preloader on it, and I can't even get to that.

PLEASE, HELP HELP HELP

ryanhaggan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no bootmii 2, i think i have it installed as something else.

a quick google led to a wii unbrick disk... do you that that can help??

please, i want to cry.

ryanhaggan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i call nintendo, what would i have to tell them and what would they do. I have a bunch of stuff on there that shouldn't be on there if you know what i mean.

any second opinions???????

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are well aware that people hack their wiis and get bricked all the time. they're used to it.
they wont do anything.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tell them you "performed the 4.2 update over wifi and when it restarted all you got was a black screen" but in a p**sed of tone and they might send you a refurb

ryanhaggan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I've been an avid nintendo fan since snes...didn't get ps1 or ps2... lived with a n64 (not so bad) and gamecube (bad times).

So what exactly did I do wrong here? what was critical in what i erased? It wasn't on there before, figured that I wouldn't need it on there again, so i uninstalled it.

What would've happened if I uninstalled cIOS53 instead?

What is this universal unbrick disk???

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
you uninstalled the system menu. without boot2 you cant do anything. preloader wont boot because it relies on the system menu. NEVER uninstall ios files and the system menu. you just need to install over it if you need to install a different one.

rontonimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The system doesn't boot up from the disk, sound like a scam. Send the wii to Nintendo your not the first person to send them one.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Generally you don't uninstall ANYTHING from your Wii. ESPECIALLY your system menu or system menu IOS. Deleting that IOS53 wouldn't really cause a brick because it's not a system menu IOS but wouldn't be a good idea anyways.

If you want to get rid of anything you install, install a normal official thing over it. Have a trucha bugged IOS36? Install the latest normal IOS36 from NUSD. System menu's themselves aren't trucha bugged so whatever you installed was either a trucha bugged IOS60 or just a normal system menu wad or something. Either way you just uninstalled the very thing that your system needs to boot up to a working state.

And completely stopping supporting anything Nintendo because YOU fucked up majorly because you didn't read up on any info about what unofficial stuff that has nothing to do with Nintendo that you're installing on your system, when they will likely replace it without saying anything if you just call them and tell them it stopped working when you updated to 4.2 regardless even though it's entirely your fault?

Nice move.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
you can buy a mod chip called infectus and you can extract your nand with it, then edit it on your pc to put a new system menu and setting.txt back on it then reflash your nand (there's guides around)
an alternate option is to vtake it to a 3rd party console repair shop, or theres a dude on here that may be able to fix it for you, you send him your brick and he'll fix it for $25 plus you pay the nshipping both ways,
not sure of his name though,
sorry,
i think its demon somthing or devil something

ryanhaggan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh boy... what to do, what to do??? Thanks for all of the options guys.

To deadly foez, i believe that i was able to install bootmii as boot 2, but i just didn't have an sd card handy...

and to the guy who told me i'm not supporting nintendo cuz i messed up, well, it's not about me showing support. I don't support commercial companies. I just buy what I like. I had the wii 1 year after launch and i just didn't really play it much. My 360 though, oh mama. I had 4400 wii point on there too :'(

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you installed bootmii to boot2 at all you can probably still fix your Wii. Even if you didn't have room to make a NAND backup. What do you mean by didn't have an SD card handy? What else would you have used to install anything in the first place?

If bootmii is installed, just put the bootmii folder with it's files on the root of your card and it should boot into that instead. If you can load up the HBC from there load wad manager again and install a fresh system menu/system menu IOS (IOS60 NOT v6400 for 4.0/4.1, IOS70 for 4.2). If the HBC doesn't load up, you can still try using cboot2 to load that wad manager and reinstall them.

ryanhaggan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
If you installed bootmii to boot2 at all you can probably still fix your Wii. Even if you didn't have room to make a NAND backup. What do you mean by didn't have an SD card handy? What else would you have used to install anything in the first place?

If bootmii is installed, just put the bootmii folder with it's files on the root of your card and it should boot into that instead. If you can load up the HBC from there load wad manager again and install a fresh system menu/system menu IOS (IOS60 NOT v6400 for 4.0/4.1, IOS70 for 4.2). If the HBC doesn't load up, you can still try using cboot2 to load that wad manager and reinstall them.

hmmmm interesting.

Let me give you a little better info.

Well, about the SD card, i just automatically assumed that you need to have a dedicated SD card to back up your NAND. I figured or read or something that bootmii with format your sd card to a particular wii format, which i though meant that all the other things i had on my 4gb sd card would get erased.

As for bootmii installed on my wii, well, i updated the homebrew channel last week or so, and i selected to install bootmii as boot2, but when the GUI for boot came up, I needed to have an SD card ready for it to put whatever it needed to put on there. So I'm not sure if bootmii as boot 2 is installed. Does it sound like it to you?

Also, a long time before last week's HBC update, i updated HBC and i believe I installed HBC as an IOS.

Any help apreciated.

rontonimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Given the fact that your system is old would give me hope. what have you tried so far to unbrick. Give a little list 123 ect so maybe someone that has unbricked a couple might be able to help you.

ryanhaggan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rontonimo said:
Given the fact that your system is old would give me hope. what have you tried so far to unbrick. Give a little list 123 ect so maybe someone that has unbricked a couple might be able to help you.

[*]preloader doesn't work[*]tried to go into recovery by pressing down all four directions on an official GC controller (opened it) when plugged into the 4th port before turning the wii on[*]i tried to download the bootmii files from the internet just to see if i have bootmii as boot 2 installed, didn't work, but maybe i have the wrong version? I have system V4.0 USA wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference