Homebrew DeSmuMe Wifi multiplayer with real DS

wyll001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wanna to if that is possible, i did that with a PSP and it worked, so maybe something similar could be done by a pro

What i did on PSP was pick a emulator that support local multiplayer (named ppsspp), configure to connect to my router, pick my psp, modded to connect my router when Local Mpultiplayer is started, and as i said, it worked.
There is something similar in DS, if not:

can a pro make it possible? Thanks, Peace.

orochi115

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
1. For WFC, it's possible. But due to WFC shutdown, only some games will work, rom/ram modification needed, regardless of emulator or DS.
2. No one emulated DS local multiplayer except no$gba. But no$gba only support that between 2 instances on the same computer.

wyll001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i cannot believe that in the brand new nowadays, no one have done that yet!!! (that's why the people that hacked the PSP was considered smarter that the ones that hacked the Nintendo DS) i blame those people that put survey on the homebrews, oh well, closed topic.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
no$gba doesn't emulate local multiplayer either, it hangs during the connection after recognizing the other drive. Still the only one who recognizes them at all, but calling it functional local mp is a big stretch.
Nothing emulates download play, DS/Wii connectivity, or dsiware roms.
Also, online multiplayer is (or rather was, unless we're talking custom servers) only possible on desmume.

Your emulator+real hardware combination seems to be possible on GBA, PSP, Wii (for online, at least while it lasted) but not yet for DS.

Surveys? If you see them, RUN. No legitimate homebrew dev does that. Scammers/Virus spreaders do.

That bit about "lol they don't have that feature i want they must be dumb/retarded" was unneeded and rude btw.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

wyll001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That bit about "lol they don't have that feature i want they must be dumb/retarded" was unneeded and rude btw.
hey, i didn't said that! i meant that PSP was wayyyyy harder to hack than a NDS, and yet it was done way better than NDS.
And there was no need to further reply this topic can be closed now

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
hey, i didn't said that! i meant that PSP was wayyyyy harder to hack than a NDS, and yet it was done way better than NDS.
And there was no need to further reply this topic can be closed now

"Wayyyyyy harder"? Yeah I guess Sony did a good job making that photo viewer.
i cannot believe that in the brand new nowadays, no one have done that yet!!! (that's why the people that hacked the PSP was considered smarter that the ones that hacked the Nintendo DS) i blame those people that put survey on the homebrews, oh well, closed topic.

Who said that? Yourself?
I wanna to if that is possible, i did that with a PSP and it worked, so maybe something similar could be done by a pro

What i did on PSP was pick a emulator that support local multiplayer (named ppsspp), configure to connect to my router, pick my psp, modded to connect my router when Local Mpultiplayer is started, and as i said, it worked.
There is something similar in DS, if not:

can a pro make it possible? Thanks, Peace.

"Modded to connect to your router"? That means it no longer uses adhoc but uses infrastructure network. If this is the case it's actually not too difficult to route the packets between the emu and PSP around your network. DS, on the other hand, can't be modded like this, and requires a compatible adhoc network to be set up before the DS will even connect.

wyll001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"Wayyyyyy harder"? Yeah I guess Sony did a good job making that photo viewer.
somebody really want's to play the know-it-all, eh?

Who said that? Yourself?
a アホ (AHO) named Makoto

"Modded to connect to your router"? That means it no longer uses adhoc but uses infrastructure network. If this is the case it's actually not too difficult to route the packets between the emu and PSP around your network. DS, on the other hand, can't be modded like this, and requires a compatible adhoc network to be set up before the DS will even connect.
that is exactly what i wanted to know!! has anyone did that? if not, they should, don'tcha think?

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
No one has managed to get a hang on the timing and intricate emulation details for local multiplayer for it to work at all.
So your answer is "it's impossible (for now) at the very least on the emulator side".

I think everyone needs to lighten up (myself included). We're here to share information: it's always welcome. Same goes for questions. No need to take that bit too seriously (though DS/PSP homebrew/emulator devs may be indeed offended... this stuff often doesn't get emulated because of a lack of documentation. Look how much time it took for sound to be emulated in Dolphin -8 years!) but arguing over it doesn't help the matter. Just let it go and pretend that bit of text didn't exist.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...