ROM Hack Densetsu no Stafi - Font Question

Blackmage907

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm attempting a translation for this game, and I was wondering If i've located the font, I realize its magnified by 400, but it still looks.....wrong, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I've located it and give possible suggestions as to what I should do to have it display properly.
gallery_265883_971_50788.png

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Let's forget for a moment that I know anything about romhacking.
The game is in japanese....right??
The little you can see is english letters....right??
So if that should be the text font for the game, where are all the japanese letters???
Don't get me wrong, that is a font but sure not the font you need for translation.
Like the most graphics you can see in that rom, the real font you need, is probably compressed.
Go to RHDN utilities page and search for unLZ-gba, nlzgba or else and give it a new try.
By the way, be ready to make alot of graphic editing in this game:
47730431.jpg

Blackmage907

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much :) I actually have the program you have pictured there, so my best bet would be to export that particular image, edit it, and then reinsert it?

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
The font used in the game dialogue is compressed. I have a tool that can decompress it but as of yet no re-compressor. If you don't know ARM assembly i'd highly recommend either giving up now or learning it as it will definitely be required to hack/translate this game.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well yes, but unless you like puzzles, better go other ways.
Example a combination of that tool for the values and CrystalTile for the actual editing.
You still need to puzzle but at least they are all the same size and can be groupped to put together the actual image you need and it will automatically split the edited image.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end