Gaming Deleted DSI xl internet browser

me0wp00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi
My daughter has deleted the dsi XL's internet browser, I can still connect to the internet to upload photos etc to facebook but the browser icon has gone. I know I should go to the shop and redownload it BUT I've currently got version 1.4E and it wants to upgrade me to 1.4.1 but i'm not sure if my Gold R4i card (v1.4) www.r4i-gold.com will support the new update. I'm going into hospital next week and won't get time to get a new card. Can anyone help
thanks

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
From what I see that card cannot have it's bootloader updated (they, like most R4 clones, simply tell you to buy their new 1.4.1 cart).

If you update that cart will no longer run on that DSi, sorry. I suggest investing in a card that can actually be updated properly, such as the Acekard 2i or the DSTwo.

ilovegames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont mean to hijack thread, but is it possible to access the ds store with akaio 1.8.1?

i still haven't accepted the user agreement because i'm not sure if the updated nintendo firmware would block ak.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know you cannot transfer DSiWare even if it's free, as it's encrypted with a key specific to your DSi upon download.

AKAIO is not the bootloader, the AKAIO version has no bearing on the 1.4 or 1.4.1 blocks. You need to update the bootloader. If it's updated to bypass 1.4 then it'll be a Danny Phantom icon, and if it's updated to bypass 1.4.1 it'll show an Alex Rider Stormbreaker icon.

You can find AK2i guides and stickies in it's sections, PLEASE GO READ THEM.

http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-gu...up-your-acekard

me0wp00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hmmm I did think that would be the answer, serves me right for not parental controlling my XL
ohmy.gif
(
I'm looking at an acekard 2i but its different to what i'm used to, software wise but hopefully more games will work too
ohmy.gif
)
thanks for your replies

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +2