Hacking Defective G6 returned. What now?

Techton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a G6 4G Lite last year. I had the issue with it not being able to save games and tried charging the battery to no avail. Also noticed that when I did a soft reset, the game would save, indicating it was defective. I returned it to the place I bought it from. They told me they would be getting more in soon, but it's been quite some time now. When I inquired about it they said they may not get the 4G version back in and offered me the SC Lite as an alternative. I'd heard that GBA performance was poor with the SC Lite. I like the G6 and want to stick with it, but from what I've read the 8G model has been delayed and may be cancelled. Does anyone have any more information on a release date for the 8/16G models/pricing, etc?

I'd also be interested in hearing your thoughts about what alternatives (SC Lite, M3 Lite, etc) would be a good replacement for the G6 if in fact the 8/16G G6 models are not coming out?

Techton

jalapeno

Trophies
XP
Country
G6 lite for a SClite, i don't really think thats a fair deal, if you look at the retail prices on those, and that G6 has onboard memory.

Sounds like this crowd is jerking you around, i'd get on their ass and tell them to give you something like a M3 Simply and throw in a microsd.

And i also heard, G6 8/16 are still being developed, planning on releasing them, although are possible candidates for cancelation.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Ask for an M3 Lite. Don't take the SC Lite. The G6 costs much more than that, and it would be a ripoff.

Techton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I know the retail prices on those are in no way similar. If indeed I traded it for an SC Lite I'd have to ask them to throw in some memory to make up the cost. The customer service has been good up to now and don't see any reason why they wouldn't do that. However, I'm not crazy about the GBA performance issues with the SC Lite. The M3 Lite is probably my best bet, but it's almost the same price and again comes with no memory and I don't think they'd throw in memory for that one. So the question is now do I hold out for the G6 8Gb, take the hit and get an M3 Lite or just take the SC Lite and the memory and be done with it?

Techton

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I agree, take the hit, get the M3 Lite, and get a memory card. MicroSD crads are getting cheaper by the minute, literally, and even a 1GB (gigabyte, meaning 8 gigabit) one wouldn't set you back much.

DShunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No offence but why buy some pricey onboard flashcart when there are cheaper and more memory flexible alternatives like the M3? which uses more common and cheaper memory card alternatives like Secure Digital morever the M3 have almost perfect support for both GBA and NDS games. I really see no reason in getting cart like G6 and morever slot-1 solutions are making them all the more obsolete.

Techton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly, no offense taken. I appreciate all the good advice you have all come up with. I got the G6 when I was a relatively new to all of this. I did research and decided the G6 had good reviews all around. I was ok with it, but quite frankly the limited memory was a problem. But, had the G6 worked properly and I was able to save games, I wouldn't have actually had too much of an issue with the memory. But, it was defective and I had to find an alternative. In regard to the Slot 1 solutions, I still want GBA compatibility as well as DS, and I haven't heard of a slot 1 that does that. I've actually preordered a M3 Simply DS but I still want a Slot 2 solution as I still want GBA compat and have a GB SP as well as the DS. So now I have to use my credit for something and I'm leaning heavily toward the M3 Lite at this point. So now I'll be able to use it in both this way. I just need to find some good Micro SD memory relatively cheap now. I found some manufactured by a company called Transcend and it's very cheap (about $15 dollars online) so I went ahead and ordered it. I figured I'd take a risk and try it out.

Does anyone have any experience with Transcend memory in these flash carts that they can share?

Techton

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I have some experience with Transcend flash-based products, but not regarding flashcards. I have a 1GB CF card, a 1GB USB drive, and I used a Transcend mp3 player for a week or two. I'venever had problems and overall I'm satisfied with all those products. My brother uses the CF card in the GBAMP to run ROMs, and he's not complaining. I don't know about their microSD cards, but I think they should be good too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: i am 16 but set my birthday to 9/11 lmao